Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: What do all make of this? LOL!

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    55

    What do all make of this? LOL!

    1st Jose Bautista started following me on Twitter, now his agent is following....I'm just saying #Reds
    https://twitter.com/LanceMcAlister/s...12893560651776

    and then

    Mark Sheldon tweeted back to Lance this

    @LanceMcAlister following me too. Interesting.
    https://twitter.com/m_sheldon/status/416713083390685184

    If only he wasn't following 144k people himself.....

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member Lewdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Ky
    Posts
    320

    Re: What do all make of this? LOL!

    Bautista in LF, Hamilton in center, Bruce in RF, and Lutz at 1st. Heisey could back up LF and CF, and Bautista can also play first. It would be a versatile lineup.

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    55

    Re: What do all make of this? LOL!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    Bautista in LF, Hamilton in center, Bruce in RF, and Lutz at 1st. Heisey could back up LF and CF, and Bautista can also play first. It would be a versatile lineup.
    I guess you are sending Votto in that trade.....no way Bautista commands Votto in a trade. His numbers are similar to Jay Bruce, particularly HR's and Avg.

    It is interesting that he decided to follow just about all of the Reds media beat writers. I wonder if his agent did the same.

    Even if it is something, I hope Votto isn't part of the talks, more like a 3 for 1 or 4 for 2 type deal, not including our top 2 or 3 guys.

  5. #4
    Member Lewdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Ky
    Posts
    320

    Re: What do all make of this? LOL!

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsville View Post
    I guess you are sending Votto in that trade.....no way Bautista commands Votto in a trade. His numbers are similar to Jay Bruce, particularly HR's and Avg.

    It is interesting that he decided to follow just about all of the Reds media beat writers. I wonder if his agent did the same.

    Even if it is something, I hope Votto isn't part of the talks, more like a 3 for 1 or 4 for 2 type deal, not including our top 2 or 3 guys.
    Toronto is going to want Votto period. The Votto for Bautista swap was considered last year before Votto's new contract.

    Bautista and Navarro for Votto and Mesocraco?

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    55

    Re: What do all make of this? LOL!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    Toronto is going to want Votto period. The Votto for Bautista swap was considered last year before Votto's new contract.

    Bautista and Navarro for Votto and Mesocraco?
    I did some quick research and noticed he's following the Phillies and Pirates beat writers too....I stopped there.....I'd say he either manually followed guys from each team in the MLB or found a way to automatically go follow all beat writers of each team in the MLB....what for, who knows.

    Probably nothing to see here...

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    54

    Re: What do all make of this? LOL!

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsville View Post
    I did some quick research and noticed he's following the Phillies and Pirates beat writers too....I stopped there.....I'd say he either manually followed guys from each team in the MLB or found a way to automatically go follow all beat writers of each team in the MLB....what for, who knows.

    Probably nothing to see here...
    I am sure they hire guys to find people to follow and what not. Urban Meyer has two full time "twitter" employees to monitor all their players tweets. I am sure someone saw your title and followed you

  8. #7
    Member Mike Honcho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    the mountains of VT
    Posts
    240

    Re: What do all make of this? LOL!

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsville View Post
    I guess you are sending Votto in that trade.....no way Bautista commands Votto in a trade. His numbers are similar to Jay Bruce, particularly HR's and Avg.

    It is interesting that he decided to follow just about all of the Reds media beat writers. I wonder if his agent did the same.

    Even if it is something, I hope Votto isn't part of the talks, more like a 3 for 1 or 4 for 2 type deal, not including our top 2 or 3 guys.
    The quantity over quality route won't work with AA like it did with getting Latos. You can't get a decent player back by trading 3 B prospects.
    They don't think it be like it is but it do.

    Oscar Gamble

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    96

    Re: What do all make of this? LOL!

    If Bautista is brought here, someone needs their heads examined. The guy is ALWAYS hurt and rarely hits for average. Below average fielder.

  10. #9
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,448

    Re: What do all make of this? LOL!

    Quote Originally Posted by bullseye View Post
    If Bautista is brought here, someone needs their heads examined. The guy is ALWAYS hurt and rarely hits for average. Below average fielder.
    And yet his offense makes up for it because the dude gets on base and hits BOMBS.

    I mean seriously, what player out there is good enough if you need your head examined over bringing in a guy with a 135 OPS+ over the last two years (and much better the two years before that) who would easily have the 2nd highest OBP on a team that desperately needs more guys to get on base?

    Seriously, is it at the point where if you aren't Mike Trout you suck?

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    96

    Re: What do all make of this? LOL!

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    And yet his offense makes up for it because the dude gets on base and hits BOMBS.

    I mean seriously, what player out there is good enough if you need your head examined over bringing in a guy with a 135 OPS+ over the last two years (and much better the two years before that) who would easily have the 2nd highest OBP on a team that desperately needs more guys to get on base?

    Seriously, is it at the point where if you aren't Mike Trout you suck?
    The guy has been in the majors for 10 years and has only twice played beyond 140 games (usually never making it to 120), twice hit above .260, and twice drove in more than 70 runs. He is also turning 34 here soon. There are a ton of players not named Mike Trout capable of bringing in better numbers and for a lot less cash. But if we are going after a Batista type player, I'd be more comfortable with a Kevin Mitchell. Much more productive and those types are out there.
    Last edited by bullseye; 01-03-2014 at 09:15 PM.

  12. #11
    Member Lewdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Ky
    Posts
    320

    Re: What do all make of this? LOL!

    Toronto is supposed to be a tough park for HRs, and he plays a majority of his games there and still hit a lot of bombs. In GAP he could hit 50. Just because he plays around 140 games or less really doesn't matter. I've hear people say that managers might start giving stars more games off during the season to keep them fresh and rotate in guys.

  13. #12
    Moderator RedlegJake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    North Kansas City, Mo
    Posts
    5,833

    Re: What do all make of this? LOL!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Honcho View Post
    The quantity over quality route won't work with AA like it did with getting Latos. You can't get a decent player back by trading 3 B prospects.
    Yes you can. It's just that the Reds aren't in the position to take on salary - the one way you can get a good player for 2 or 3 B prospects.
    No - I am not from State Farm!


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25