Turn Off Ads?

Thread: March Madness! Spring Chinook!

March Madness! Spring Chinook!

http://www.springchinookfishing.com/...ge=book-a-trip

There’s a reason why so many people from Portland Oregon to Riggins Idaho have such a passion for these spring Chinook. As these “kings” (another name for spring Chinook) come into the mouth of the Columbia, some are destined to go as far as 650 miles! The genetic of the spring chinook are alone impressive. As both commercial and sports fishermen sought these fish, the price for these salmon on the market can go as high as $30.00 a pound. To journey the course of the Columbia river up to the Snake River, splitting to either the Clearwater basin or as far as the upper reaches of the Salmon River, our springers are filled rich with omega 3 fillets.

What's great about the Spring Chinook is that they aren't filled with the mercury contents that traditional river fish have. The Chinook spend the majority of their lives in the ocean and their mercury levels are safe for consumption.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: March Madness! Spring Chinook!

As Johnny Carson used to say: "I did not know that".

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Nice.......I am a diehard angler. I am still icefishing in my neck of the woods. I don't much care for salmon.......me likey perch and walleye.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I am still icefishing in my neck of the woods. I don't much care for salmon.......me likey perch and walleye.
    Nothing like eating half a dozen freshly caught perch (fried with buns and tartar sauce) on a Minnesota Lake in the Summertime. One of my favorite memories.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

6. Likes:

Sea Ray (03-21-2014)

Yeah, but who do the Chinook play in the next round?

picked up a hitchhiker one time who said he lived and fished in some mysterious place he called "the dalles" maybe this adds something

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Nothing like eating half a dozen freshly caught perch (fried with buns and tartar sauce) on a Minnesota Lake in the Summertime. One of my favorite memories.
    I fell short of the half a dozen mark yesterday but I nailed these three in about 15 minutes and then the "gold" bars disappeared.

10. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-24-2014),Sea Ray (03-23-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I fell short of the half a dozen mark yesterday but I nailed these three in about 15 minutes and then the "gold" bars disappeared.
    Those look like they'd fit just right on the hamburger bun.

Did they make them home, or were they devoured yesterday?

They made it home. The wife and I had them for lunch the next day along with the redear I caught.

Turn Off Ads?