Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Monday Starts Early

Black Monday Starts Early

Rob Chudzinski was fired today by the Browns I expect more heads to roll come Monday.

Too bad seemed like a bright mind unfortunately injuries derailed him in Cleveland.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Black Monday Starts Early

I feel a little bit bad for him when Hoyer was healthy they were 3-2 and once he got hurt finished 1-10. But I can see why he is being let go.

Jets announced Rex Ryan is safe.

I don't care how bad the team is, you should never fire a coach after one season. If it's that obvious he's not a good coach you should fire yourself for hiring him.

With turnover like that the Browns will never get it going in the right direction.

6. Likes:

dougdirt (12-29-2013),Revering4Blue (12-29-2013),Wonderful Monds (12-30-2013)

Fired after one season? The Browns are turning into the NFL version of the Cubs. That is ridiculous.

8. Likes:

Playadlc (12-29-2013),Revering4Blue (12-29-2013),Wonderful Monds (12-30-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Rob Chudzinski was fired today by the Browns I expect more heads to roll come Monday.

Too bad seemed like a bright mind unfortunately injuries derailed him in Cleveland.
    I watched every game this year (perhaps you did too, not suggesting otherwise).

But the collapse over the last 8 games was inexcusable. I can't fault a change being made right now.

There is a point to be made that the person who hired Chud should have some accountability.

But he showed nothing as a coach. So if you think he is the proverbial coaching turd, better to dismiss him now rather than later.

Dear Browns, feel free to hire Jay Gruden as your next coach. Signed, Bengals fans.

I think they should have given Chud more than one season to see what he could do with a decent starting QB and RB. I also think they should have worked out a deal with Troma films to make the movie C.H.U.D. 3: Taking The Browns To The Super Bowl.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

12. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (12-30-2013)

First....... this is not official.

Second .....Hard to justify after just one season. You would hope that the people making the decision knew something we didn't, and were making the right call. It's hard to give the Browns that benefit of the doubt.

However, they cut bait early (and correctly) on Trent Richardson, and when the Jags played the Browns I thought Chud had that "Jim Caldwell lost in a haze" look on the sidelines.

I think it's ridiculous and shows why the Browns are so terrible. Was Chudzinski really worse than Mangini and Schumur, who got two seasons? I know that was different ownership, but the point is the Browns are used to failure. How could they have expected Chudzinski to win given all of the elements of the Browns season (trading their starting RB without having any other RBs, heading into the year with Weeden as QB)?

Maybe there's some other behind the scenes reason, but this just seems stupid. And apparently Josh McDaniels, the infamous Denver flameout, is a favorite to land the gig.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Dear Browns, feel free to hire Jay Gruden as your next coach. Signed, Bengals fans.

I think they should have given Chud more than one season to see what he could do with a decent starting QB and RB. I also think they should have worked out a deal with Troma films to make the movie C.H.U.D. 3: Taking The Browns To The Super Bowl.
    Totally reasonable as well. This team was/is going nowhere without a QB. But without being able to pinpoint it, something was off this season. SEVERAL additional games were winnable but were coughed away due to various reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I think it's ridiculous and shows why the Browns are so terrible. Was Chudzinski really worse than Mangini and Schumur, who got two seasons? I know that was different ownership, but the point is the Browns are used to failure. How could they have expected Chudzinski to win given all of the elements of the Browns season (trading their starting RB without having any other RBs, heading into the year with Weeden as QB)?

Maybe there's some other behind the scenes reason, but this just seems stupid. And apparently Josh McDaniels, the infamous Denver flameout, is a favorite to land the gig.
    Looking back, it was a mistake to keep Manigini and Schumur a second season, so I don't agree with that logic. I do realize you typically give a guy a few years, but if you think he is that bad...cut bait.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Totally reasonable as well. This team was/is going nowhere without a QB. But without being able to pinpoint it, something was off this season. SEVERAL additional games were winnable but were coughed away due to various reasons.
    The Browns' problem is that, while they have some very good players, they also have quite a few poor players accustomed to losing carried over from the previous regime. I think you have to give a coach at least two offseasons to get enough turnover to make the team his own. It took Marvin Lewis years before he was finally able to de-Bungle the Bengals. In the meantime, he had to rely on hokie motivational gimmicks just to get the team to mediocrity.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Looking back, it was a mistake to keep Manigini and Schumur a second season, so I don't agree with that logic. I do realize you typically give a guy a few years, but if you think he is that bad...cut bait.
    I just think there is typically little reason to only give a coach in the NFL only one season. Mike Mularkey, Hue Jackson, and Cam Cameron are the most recent ones I can remember, and in each of them you can point to regime changes (plus Mularkey and Cameron's teams won 2 and 1 games, respectively). There is no regime change here.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Glazer says Chud will meet with the Browns to try and convince them not to can him which contradicts Morts report that it is a done deal. Lerner is said to be after Bill O'Brien again or Josh McDaniels.
    Last edited by KoryMac5; 12-29-2013 at 08:02 PM.

Turn Off Ads?