Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Custom laptop stickers/cut outs

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Custom laptop stickers/cut outs

I'm looking to get two stickers made like those ones that some people get that they put on the back of their laptops, something like the one below. Probably looking at something like 5x8 and 6x10, something in that size. Does anyone have a place they've used before that they would recommend? These will be custom designs, so I need a place that can handle that. I want them to be decals, not clear stickers.

Name:  9156f59d305bbdaacd09c7bc40ba239d.jpg
Views: 666
Size:  22.8 KB

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Droll, yes. Quite droll. FlightRick's Avatar

Re: Custom laptop stickers/cut outs

I don't know if they do this exact genre of decal, but I have used cafepress.com many times over the years for various VERY small batch in-joke items like stickers, shot glasses, and t-shirts. Like batches of 5 or less in many cases; if you're just doing a one-off, I think you'll get a decent price, since the discounts don't kick in till much later.

www.cafepress.com

Word of warning: the only time I DID have a problem with them, it's because they got really picky about some of my artwork, which included a picture that (technically) was owned by a major corporation. I think they run your art through some kind of filter to avoid copyright infringement. And that is fair enough.... but then I changed my art, so that the part that I didn't own had been photoshopped into monochrome line-art (i.e. I thought I changed it enough that now *I* owned it), and they still wouldn't print it for me. I doubt that their filter caught me that second time.... but the fact that I got flagged once, and then re-submitted the same basic design with an update/change, they just didn't want to deal with the headache of whether or not it was legal, so they just axed it again.

Lesson: anything in your design that isn't 100% original, don't submit it the first time until you've changed it up enough to be your own work. If you get flagged once, it might be an uphill battle from there....

I may be missing it, but I'm not sure that Cafe Press has what I'm looking for. It seems that they make custom skins, but that's basically a whole sticker for the entire case, which won't work for what I need.

My design is going to be 100% my own. It's essentially a graphic of a photo I took.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I may be missing it, but I'm not sure that Cafe Press has what I'm looking for. It seems that they make custom skins, but that's basically a whole sticker for the entire case, which won't work for what I need.

My design is going to be 100% my own. It's essentially a graphic of a photo I took.
    Doug, maybe try this:

http://www.stickeryou.com/2/products...m-stickers/335
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Thanks Steel, just not sure that's what I'm looking for.

Found this last night - and a few other places - but I think I may be going with these guys - https://www.stickersstickers.com/cus...sfer-stickers/

Apparently what I'm looking for are generally called transfer stickers. It will probably be a few days before I order anything, so if anyone else has suggestions, I'm open for them.

Turn Off Ads?