Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pet Thread

Re: The Pet Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Here's my beagle/basset hound
    Dude, you got the double whammy there--there are no breeds who compare to the Bassets or Beagles for working the "poor pitiful starving/sad/bored little me" eyes like they do! lol!

2. Likes:

757690 (01-14-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Our long time pet dog died recently, and we had no intention of getting another dog for a long time. Recently, my wife had a Hospice client who needed to place his dog someplace so he could go into
    a nursing home. We ended up with his dog. He was a rescue dog, and we have no idea what mix he is. He is very loving and compliant.
    Last edited by Spitball; 01-14-2014 at 11:27 PM.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Moderators, the picture above is not appearing as I intended it to appear, but I can't figure out how to edit or delete it. Can someone please delete it or make it smaller for me? Sorry and thanks.
    Last edited by Spitball; 01-15-2014 at 12:40 PM.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Quote Originally Posted by Spitball View Post
    Moderators, the picture above is not appearing as I intended it to appear, but I can't figure out how to edit or delete it. Can someone please delete it or make it smaller for me? Sorry and thanks.
    I removed it - please try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    I removed it - please try again.
    Thanks, Boss. I have never been able to figure out the picture posting thing.

My Wife and I have a chinchilla, named Gizmo. He's an awesome little guy!

This is a recent picture of my two guys. Vizsla is 5 month and the beagle is 8 years old.
    Last edited by Jefferson24; 02-09-2014 at 08:31 PM.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

Attachment 6763My Akita Pippah, she is 2.5 years old.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

11. Likes:

vaticanplum (04-04-2014),westofyou (02-11-2014)

Jeez... the new kid went to the vet this morning to be spayed, and ever since she got home she's been non-stop! You'd think she'd be a bit druggy and sleepy, but noooo. She's terrorized her uncle Elmo, chewed on me, bounced around playing with her mousies, and I think he she could figure out how to get up there, her furry little fanny would be swinging from the ceiling fan.....

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Attachment 6763My Akita Pippah, she is 2.5 years old.

She's a beauty, love that breed

14. Likes:

redsfanmia (02-12-2014)

I had a border collie mix for 15 years. I got her before I met my wife and we had 3 kids. She was the world's smartest dog, which was a blessing and a curse. When I moved to Chicago for a few years, I got her into training because I was concerned about her getting loose and running into the street. She could pick up commands quickly, but was sharp and willful enough to check to see if I was able to correct her and would ignore me if I couldn't, so we had to work extra hard to teach her to listen to commands off lead. She was also incredibly athletic and made the people at the doggie day care very nervous about letting her off lead in the enclosed play area surrounded by an 8' fence. We later moved to Ohio and got a place with a yard and put in Invisible Fence and she loved it. Her favorite activity was herding, whether it be other dogs, kids, chipmunk, rabbits, squirrels, etc. For most of her life she was a constant 40 lbs, but we knew something was wrong when she dropped 1/4 of her body weight in 3 months. Turns out her kidneys were going bad. After a few months of medicine and diet changes showed no improvement, having now dropped more weight, we had to put her down. It was the saddest thing I've ever had to do.

Having had dogs all my life, I would have liked to get another dog, but the wife vetoed it, so I caved and agreed to two kittens. They're cute and soft, but they can't be trained like dogs and they don't snuggle with you for hours like a dog. I'm fine with them, but I still miss having a dog.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

16. Likes:

vaticanplum (04-04-2014)

I have two dogs. two four year old mountain curs, one looks like a golden lab, the other looks like a black lab.

also have two cats whom are three year olds. they were feral cats, we found their mother frozen to death nearby, and the were the two too weak to run from us. I've never had such lovey cats before. they are also gold and black.

we also have a colony of seven sugar gliders, four grays, a leu het, a cremino, and a platinum. apparently we have the most docile gliders most people have ever been around. the alpha male is disturbingly smart and has figured out how to chew apple wood sticks down into a lever that he can pry open the cage door with.

then there's the three aquariums and our rabbitry.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

I have talked about them before, but we also have a couple of newts. Our thirty year old daughter got Sir Isaac when she was in the fourth grade. I bought Jumanji for my wife's elementary library a year later. They are still living 21 and 20 years later!

They lived in separate tanks for several years with my wife bringing Jumanji home every summer. It was just before school started when our recently deceased collie/cocker mix, then a puppy, started pulling on the cord that was attached to the light on Jumaji's tank.

I was reading a bedtime story to our youngest son when I saw the tank start to move across the desk. Moments later the tank crashed to the floor and glass, gravel, and newt were in a pile on the floor. I pulled Jumanji from the rubble, rinsed him off, and placed him in the tank with Sir Isaac. It has been 15 years and both are still doing fine.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kpresidente View Post
    ^ Pugs are awesome.

Here's my beloved boxer and her best friend!

Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

20. Likes:

moewan (02-25-2014)

We have 3 Boston terriers and they are such awesome dogs.

2 of them are pretty relaxed but the youngest one is very hyper and still in the inquisitive stage. Hoping she'll calm down a bit eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by fipp View Post
    How old are you? Do you want to be humiliated?

22. Likes:

Boss-Hog (02-26-2014)

Turn Off Ads?