Turn Off Ads?
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435

Thread: 2013 Bengals Playoff Edition Discussion (Part 4)

Re: 2013 Bengals Playoff Edition Discussion (Part 4)

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Hyde does not have many hits on his body. He'll actually probably have less hits than almost anybody in the draft. He only has 523 carries across 4 years. Ka'Deem Carey from Arizona has 652 in the last 2 years. The most carries Hyde had in a game this year was 27, which is very reasonable.

I think Hyde is going to run pretty well at the combine. I would be surprised at anything over 4.6. Bernard ran a 4.53. Hyde has quick feet and good elusiveness for a guy his size. He also is a good receiving threat out of the backfield, which is uncommon for a big running back. I think he's pretty similar to Eddie Lacy. They're about the same size and have similar skill sets. Lacy's 40 yard dash was 4.62, but that has not been a problem.

I don't think he's a first round pick, and I'm surprised Kiper has him that high. But somewhere last 2nd or 3rd is reasonable I think.
    I don't think Hyde has the "wiggle" that Lacy displayed at Bama in terms of making guys miss, Hyde has better "vision" in my opinion

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    Marvin didn't name Gamble specifically, but I've heard him tell a story where its pretty clear that the story is about Chris Gamble.

And here it is....

They went up to Ohio State (he did specifically say Ohio State, the question he was asked was about Ohio State players) and they wanted to look at a specific player (I forget the wording, but it was easy to understand he was talking about Chris Gamble w/o specifically saying Chris' name). They wanted Chris to do a handful of drills, including either a 40 yard dash or a shuttle or something of that ilk. Chris wouldn't do the drill, because he "couldn't find a pair of shoes to wear." Marvin's stated the obvious to the group he was speaking to that evening "Really? This is Ohio state and you can't 'find a pair of athletic shoes?' The Bengals pretty much took him off their draft board at that point."
    Maybe Gamble didn't want any part of the Bengals.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    I don't think Hyde has the "wiggle" that Lacy displayed at Bama in terms of making guys miss, Hyde has better "vision" in my opinion
    Lacy's spin is great, and Hyde doesn't have that. But Hyde has a good jump cut and enough elusiveness. But yea, he doesn't have anything to rival Lacy's spin

Turn Off Ads?