Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Bengals Playoff Edition Discussion (Part 4)

Re: 2013 Bengals Playoff Edition Discussion (Part 4)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    It ain't the defense as much as it's the offense. At home the Bengals allow the opponent 16 pts/game. SD now has 17, with 2 minutes left in the 3rd.

I guess credit, up to this stage, has to be given to SD's defense.
    The defense has been getting blown off the ball all day long.

And Dalton is being given absolutely NO TIME to throw.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Andy Dalton is the worst quarterback in the playoffs. I was hoping our weapons could let it get by. It didn't.

4. Likes:

WMR (01-05-2014)

Dumb play by Harrison
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Andy Dalton is the worst quarterback in the playoffs. I was hoping our weapons could let it get by. It didn't.
    Oh come on, you cannot possibly blame this on Dalton. He doesn't have time to sneeze back there.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

The Bengal's O-line is just not giving Dalton much protection/time. He's been under a lot of pressure. And from pressure comes bad decision-making.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

8. Likes:

Stray (01-05-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    The defense has been getting blown off the ball all day long.

And Dalton is being given absolutely NO TIME to throw.
    They are definitely getting beat up front, but those are two terrible turnovers by Dalton.

Oh come on, you cannot possibly blame this on Dalton. He doesn't have time to sneeze back there.
    I can blame two turnovers on him. He fumbled a play where no one touched him. Then he threw into double coverage for an easy pick. Yes, he had no time to throw it, but throw it out of bounds or at someones feet. Both of those are on him.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    They are definitely getting beat up front, but those are two terrible turnovers by Dalton.
    You're right, I guess he should just hold on to the ball and take a sack every play.

#That'llHelp

The fumble wasn't a terrible turnover. He was being aggressive trying to get a first down for his team. It happens.

Nevermind. I shouldn't be surprised. People have been irrational in pinning everything on Dalton all year long despite his success. Not sure why I should expect any differently now.

You're right, I guess he should just hold on to the ball and take a sack every play.

#That'llHelp

The fumble wasn't a terrible turnover. He was being aggressive trying to get a first down for his team. It happens.
    Blindly throwing the ball is better than taking a sack? You're being irrational in your defense of Dalton now.

Gotta get points on this drive and protect dalton. Not sure what happened to our line at halftime. Getting the ball to our best player wouldn't hurt

Nevermind. I shouldn't be surprised. People have been irrational in pinning everything on Dalton all year long despite his success. Not sure why I should expect any differently now.
    How many interceptions did he have this year? I am not being irrational by saying he is the worst quarterback in the playoffs. Who is he better than?

QB's get the majority of credit for wins and get hit hard after a loss. Dalton wears this L. Time to start looking for a new QB 0-3 in the playoffs with a loss at home.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

I can blame two turnovers on him. He fumbled a play where no one touched him. Then he threw into double coverage for an easy pick. Yes, he had no time to throw it, but throw it out of bounds or at someones feet. Both of those are on him.
    Why was he running on the fumble play? Because he got flushed from the pocket. He hasn't had much of a pocket to pass from all second half and the penetration by the D is taking away the screen pass. The San Diego D made some adjustments at the half and the Bengals' O line has yet to handle it. Meanwhile, the vaunted front 7 of the Bengals' D isn't doing much. If they're going to pull of a win, the play on the lines needs to pick up their game.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

How many interceptions did he have this year? I am not being irrational by saying he is the worst quarterback in the playoffs. Who is he better than?
    Colin Kaepernick, Cam Newton, Alex Smith

Turn Off Ads?