Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Reds Kicking The Tires To Grady Sizemore

Re: Reds Kicking The Tires To Grady Sizemore

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN INDY View Post
    Might need a pay day. There is a difference.
    I'm for that. Cash is a healthy motivator. If he's doing it for the money, I hope he becomes a very rich man.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Likes:

Raisor (01-11-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by toledodan View Post
    very true. hamilton was out of the game for awhile but kept himself in good shape. it would be interesting to see how sizemore is in that regards.
    No..

Hamilton was a crack addict that hit bottom and got back in shape. Sizemore didn't leave the game to get high, he left because his body said "ENOUGH!"

Doesn't mean that after two years of healing and rehab that he can't come back, just that this isn't a comp for Hamilton because no one is a comp for Hamilton.

Thank God for that.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

5. Likes:

LoganBuck (01-08-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I have no idea what to expect from Sizemore or what shape he is in. But 2 yr 3 MM is peanuts, even to the Reds. If the homework is done on the guy, and he checks out (I assume that is wishful thinking), 3 MM over 2 year would be a calculated risk that I wouldn't lose sleep over.
    If I thought the Reds would cut him and eat the money if he didn't work out I'd agree with you. The problem is the Reds seem reluctant to cut anyone they owe money to (I've got some vauge recollection they cut someone with a contract fairly recently, but don't recall). If that's the case, I'm more concened about the roster spot over two years if there's nothing left in the tank than the salary implications.
    Sto Pro Veritate

7. Likes:

dfs (01-11-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Girevik View Post
    (I've got some vauge recollection they cut someone with a contract fairly recently, but don't recall)
    Dusty

9. Likes:

powersackers (01-10-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Girevik View Post
    If I thought the Reds would cut him and eat the money if he didn't work out I'd agree with you. The problem is the Reds seem reluctant to cut anyone they owe money to (I've got some vauge recollection they cut someone with a contract fairly recently, but don't recall). If that's the case, I'm more concened about the roster spot over two years if there's nothing left in the tank than the salary implications.
    Fair concern. But has there really been someone that should have been cut, who had a significant upgrade locked out of a roster spot?

Ondrusek comes to mind but as much as I loathe him he can be the mop up guy, so long as no one better than Partch is waiting in the wings.

Getting closer to happening.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/mlb/...b&ymd=20140119

CINCINNATI -- The Reds are making efforts to add former Indians center fielder Grady Sizemore.

Ken Rosenthal of FoxSports.com reported Sunday that Cincinnati and Sizemore's agent are in "advanced talks" for the free agent.

MLB.com first reported earlier this month of the Reds' interest in Sizemore.

"Still working on it," Reds general manager Walt Jocketty said Sunday in a text message.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Turn Off Ads?