Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 NFL Playoffs

Re: 2014 NFL Playoffs

I hope Bowman's injury isn't as bad as it looked liked on TV. That bordered on Willis McGahee.

Immovable Object vs Irresistable Force for the Super Bowl? Great for build up, not always so good come actual gameday.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

2. Turn Off Ads?

“I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

4. Likes:

Boss-Hog (01-20-2014)

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

If he would have been talking about gay people, it would have been a first amendment issue lol...

I turned it off 5 seconds in. Wasn't sure who I wanted to root for in 2 weeks until that point. Go Broncos.
    Is it "next season" yet?

7. Likes:

RedFanAlways1966 (01-20-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Nice, the Belicheats lost followed up by Mr. Temper Tantrum Harbaugh getting sent home.
    I expected New England and San Francisco to win yesterday. I am very happy that they both lost. I will now root for Denver in the Super Bowl.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

9. Likes:

WMR (01-20-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by bigredmechanism View Post
    I think he just walked off. Erin Andrews was going to ask another question.

That guy is a bad sport, but he's really good.
    Both teams do not like each other. The 49ers yap like I have never seen before. Sherman just made a great play to send them to a super bowl against a hated rival. Putting a mic in his face not even 5 minutes after the game had ended is a bad decision.

11. Likes:

bigredmechanism (01-20-2014),RedTeamGo! (01-20-2014)

I thought Sherman's reaction was hilarious and I like him even more now. You put a mic in front of a super aggressive athlete within 5 minutes of making the play of the season for your team and what do you expect? "I would like to thank God, I think we just executed today, San Fran is a great opponent." Give me a break, finally a real reaction after a huge game winning play. "I AM THE BEST CORNER IN THE LEAGUE!!!" hahaha

As bucksfan said, the 9ers are known to constantly talk crap before, during, and after wins. Harbaugh is a total jerk as well.

Go Seahawks!!

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I thought Sherman's reaction was hilarious and I like him even more now.
    What do you think of an athlete who acts like a professional and/or a humble human being?

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    What do you think of an athlete who acts like a professional and/or a humble human being?
    They are fine, but they are obviously being fake.

The dude just made the play of his life literally 3 minutes prior, and I guarantee Crabtree was talking junk the entire game.

People get offended too easily.

The difference is those guys are "acting" while Sherman was being himself. He was also telling the truth, he IS the best corner in the league.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 01-20-2014 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    When they interviewed him on stage while presenting the trophy he was much more composed. You can't shove a mic in someone's face minutes after a huge high (or low). Sideline interviews in game or right after the game are awful. If you want to watch something even more cringe worthy was Harbaugh's interview with Pam Oliver outside the locker room shortly after the game. TERRIBLE!

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    I expected New England and San Francisco to win yesterday. I am very happy that they both lost. I will now root for Denver in the Super Bowl.
    Awesome. I'm looking forward to a comfortable Seahawks victory, then.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

They are fine, but they are obviously being fake.

The dude just made the play of his life literally 3 minutes prior, and I guarantee Crabtree was talking junk the entire game.

People get offended too easily.

The difference is those guys are "acting" while Sherman was being himself. He was also telling the truth, he IS the best corner in the league.
    If Leon Hall was interviewed and came across as humble and classy, he's not acting. He is being himself

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    If Leon Hall was interviewed and came across as humble and classy, he's not acting. He is being himself
    Yea, of course some players actually are being themselves when saying generic responses. But, I think for the most part the players are trained to say certain one liners after games by their agents, coaches, etc. "I just want to thank God, we executed, etc"

I am not saying there is anything wrong with that, I just don't really have a problem with a player being real and letting his emotions fly.

It is now being reported that Sherman did not walk away from Erin Andrews - Fox producers told Erin via her ear piece to cut the interview short.

Yea, of course some players actually are being themselves when saying generic responses. But, I think for the most part the players are trained to say certain one liners after games by their agents, coaches, etc. "I just want to thank God, we executed, etc"

I am not saying there is anything wrong with that, I just don't really have a problem with a player being real and letting his emotions fly.

It is now being reported that Sherman did not walk away from Erin Andrews - Fox producers told Erin via her ear piece to cut the interview short.
    If the interview would have continued, Fox would have probably lost their FCC license for a very long time.

I agree with most points here but the moral of the story is not to expect professional athletes to be role models, or you will be extremely disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I think the funniest part about this is the fact everyone is calling Sherman "a stupid thug" and whatnot when in reality he was the salutatorian of his high school graduating with a 4.2 gpa, graduated from Stanford University and is working on his Masters degree.

Turn Off Ads?