Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2014 NFL Playoffs

Re: 2014 NFL Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by indyscott View Post
    I agree. They are both idiots. But you believe there can just be one?
    Yeah, that's it.

I just think the overreaction by the media and some fans to his comments is ridiculous and way over the top. I have a lot bigger problem with some non-uniformed clown on the 49ers sideline deciding to take out an opposing player during a punt coverage. That person is truly the idiot. That was the original point I was making.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    You are not a fan of movies in general?

That's a first.
    I know a guy like that. says movies are too long and life is too short. Other than that he's pretty normal. Cards fan.

I also know a guy who refuses to watch gangster movies- refuses to watch the God Father. Another who refuses to watch westerns- will not watch The Searchers.

Marcus Licinius Crassus: Do you eat oysters?
    Antoninus: When I have them, master.
    Marcus Licinius Crassus: Do you eat snails?
    Antoninus: No, master.
    Marcus Licinius Crassus: Do you consider the eating of oysters to be moral and the eating of snails to be immoral?
    Antoninus: No, master.
    Marcus Licinius Crassus: Of course not. It is all a matter of taste, isn't it?
    Antoninus: Yes, master.
    Marcus Licinius Crassus: And taste is not the same as appetite, and therefore not a question of morals.
    Antoninus: It could be argued so, master.
    Marcus Licinius Crassus: My robe, Antoninus. My taste includes both snails and oysters.

Did you by any chance see the series of tweets by Holly Anderson yesterday?
    "Do you have any idea," they would ask, pressing laser pistols under chins of the accused, "the example you're setting for our children?"

5. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (01-21-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I disagree with him. The hit was not to the knees or the head. I don't even think it was early but it was close to being PI. Welker did not dive towards the legs. I thought it was a good, aggressive play. It'll be interesting to see how the league views it
    From Rotoworld w/ Rotoworld comments:

The NFL confirmed that Wes Welker's hit on Aqib Talib in the AFC Championship Game was legal.

Bill Belichick now looks even more foolish for whining about the collision that knocked Talib out. It wasn't offensive pass interference or unnecessary roughness because the "rub" occurred exactly when Demaryius Thomas got his hands on the ball. NFL VP of officiating Dean Blandino said he spoke to Belichick about the incident. "We talked about the situation and the play, and obviously there is a difference of opinion there and something that we'll continue to look at during the offseason," he said. Pick plays have been in the league forever, and are often run to perfection by both the Patriots and Broncos.

Source: ESPN Boston

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    From Rotoworld w/ Rotoworld comments:

The NFL confirmed that Wes Welker's hit on Aqib Talib in the AFC Championship Game was legal.
    Thanks for the update. I agree with the league. It was a clean, hard hitting football play

I liked that during one of his many interviews recently Sherman balked at being called a thug and then said that he turned on a hockey game, watched the puck drop, and immediately everyone on the ice starting fighting. It is a funny dichotomy.

I also enjoyed this article on Grantland by Rembert Browne. He has an interesting perspective on the way people have reacted and counter-reacted to Sherman.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/st...ete-narrative/
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

I agree with Sherman that white people now use the word "thug" as a substitute for the "N word"

10. Likes:

Mutaman (01-25-2014),Tom Servo (01-25-2014)

I agree with Sherman that white people now use the word "thug" as a substitute for the "N word"
    With Tim Hummel being the exception.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

12. Likes:

Tom Servo (01-25-2014)

Neanderthal is an appropriate word for his behavior in that interview.

It's turned out good for the Seahawks as all media attention is away from the poor QB play of Wilson as of late.

Paul Allen, in a very rare interview, stated that Sherman is at the top of his list of players he's worked with over his time as owners of franchises when it comes to respect as a person.

So in the words of a very wise philosopher, what I'm getting is that he's a gangsta, not a thug.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Paul Allen, in a very rare interview, stated that Sherman is at the top of his list of players he's worked with over his time as owners of franchises when it comes to respect as a person.
    Did you expect him to say he acted like an idiot and should be embarrassed?

If he thought that way why would he say anything?

19. Likes:

Mutaman (01-25-2014)

If you've ever seen a Paul Allen interview you'd know that he doesn't toss out false praise. He is, however, void of the DNA to properly judge the quality of another human being. I know his personality well, and it's not what is written in his biographies.

Turn Off Ads?