Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Trade Bailey!?

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Re: Trade Bailey!?

Quote Originally Posted by Trajinous View Post
    I don't understand why people think the Reds won't be competitive. Choo is the only lose and many players last year played below expectations. I don't see such a dropoff with only Choo being the biggest difference.
    We lost Arroyo also. And let's not forget Dusty.

Seriously, though, I agree. The Reds could be competitive in 2014.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    We lost Arroyo also. And let's not forget Dusty.

Seriously, though, I agree. The Reds could be competitive in 2014.
    Arroyo is still up in the air, he may return and the more time goes by the more I believe he will.

I see Dusty leaving as a positive for the offense since, I REALLY HOPE, Price won't bat Cozart 2nd.

Arroyo is still up in the air, he may return and the more time goes by the more I believe he will.

I see Dusty leaving as a positive for the offense since, I REALLY HOPE, Price won't bat Cozart 2nd.
    The passage of time on starting pitchers is simply because of Tanaka and the Japanese posting rules.

There are a line of starting pitchers ready to sign but first Tanaka has to pick his team.

Once Tanaka goes then Garza, Santana, Jimenez, and Arroyo will go.

IMO there is no way the Reds will sign Arroyo, unless they trade a current starting pitcher. Given the budget situation, I see no way they pay free agent prices to add a sixth starting pitcher.

5. Likes:

757690 (01-09-2014), HokieRed (01-09-2014), M2 (01-09-2014)

I don't understand why people think the Reds won't be competitive. Choo is the only lose and many players last year played below expectations. I don't see such a dropoff with only Choo being the biggest difference.
    Yes, seriously.
    Lot's of reason to be optimistic next year, despite the loss of Arroyo and Choo. No point in listing the reasons to be optimistic, because the board loves gloom and doom
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

I'm a little slow, but I think all of the inactivity has to be due to an attempt to sign bailey long term. If he doesn't sign long term in the next month (if it's not a done non- deal already) then just keep him and do nothing, then get the comp pick in the 2015 first yr player draft. Are we already there I wonder?
    Pete Rose will be leaving the Montreal Expos to become player - manager for the Cincinnati Reds

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    Yes, seriously.
    Lot's of reason to be optimistic next year, despite the loss of Arroyo and Choo. No point in listing the reasons to be optimistic, because the board loves gloom and doom
    Agreed. An argument could be made that a reasonable expectation could be that offensive production may be improved at the catcher position . If Votto or Bruce or BP would also have an "up" year, along withe new X factor in B Ham, then the Reds are poised to make a deep run. I just talked myself into it, a deep post season run for the Redlegs. Oh wait, need solid SP....
    Pete Rose will be leaving the Montreal Expos to become player - manager for the Cincinnati Reds

9. Likes:

REDREAD (01-10-2014)

Turn Off Ads?