Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Johnny Football a TOP 5 pick??!!

Re: Johnny Football a TOP 5 pick??!!

Welcome to the Browns, Johnny Manziel.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

2. Turn Off Ads?

If Boyd is there in the third or fourth round, I think the Bengals should take him. He had close to 70% completion percentage this year and has the ability to run as well. His performance in the Orange Bowl should be comforting knowing that he can perform on the big stage, something Andy Dalton lacks.

If Boyd is not there, then you take the flier on Murray in a later round. He has that repertoire with AJ Green already and he doesn't throw many picks.

Either way, I think Andy is going to be given one more year to prove himself. Drafting one these guys allows them to develop and learn Jackson's system. And for those concerned about their heights, both Boyd and Murray are listed at 6'1'' and Dalton is 6'2''.

FWIW, whoever gets Manziel will be looking for a new QB in 3 to 5 years. Yes he is an exciting player and draws a lot of attention, but that is what is going to be his downfall. Tebow was the same way. Any team that drafts him will be expected to start him and he is going to be expected to be the best QB in the history of the NFL. Too much pressure, attention, and expectation for a rookie taking over a likely bad team.
    2014 Attendance 0-3
    3/31/14, 4/12/14, 8/14/15

2013 Attendance: 6-0
    4/3/13, 4/16/13, 4/17/13, 8/3/13, 8/21/13, 9/7/13

Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BungleBengals View Post
    If Boyd is there in the third or fourth round, I think the Bengals should take him. He had close to 70% completion percentage this year and has the ability to run as well. His performance in the Orange Bowl should be comforting knowing that he can perform on the big stage, something Andy Dalton lacks.
    He had a nice game but threw two interceptions--not much different than Dalton. He also had a lot of talent around him. I think he's an okay prospect but not this huge sleeper some of y'all are purporting...
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    He had a nice game but threw two interceptions--not much different than Dalton. He also had a lot of talent around him. I think he's an okay prospect but not this huge sleeper some of y'all are purporting...
    Tajh Boyd is this years Terrell Pryor. An athlete who took advantage of some ****ty ass competition (come on the ACC outside of a couple teams is BAD). He would use his athleticism to get more time, he won't be able to do that in the NFL.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

He's got "Troy Smith" written all over him...
    Why's that? Because he's a black QB that can run? Zzz...

According to some writers, his comp is Russell Wilson. I can dig that.
    Choo got it, dude.

His performance in the Orange Bowl should be comforting knowing that he can perform on the big stage, something Andy Dalton lacks.
    If somehow they can bring the entire OSU defense to the NFL Boyd should be all pro

8. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (01-09-2014), RedFanAlways1966 (01-09-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Why's that? Because he's a black QB that can run? Zzz...

According to some writers, his comp is Russell Wilson. I can dig that.
    Stocky but undersized QB who wasn't running much by his senior season.

Had a lot of talent around him.

Operated out of the spread.

Not likely to be a top pick.

Don't appreciate that insinuation though...
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

He's 6'1" (the same height as Manziel). What is a few extra inches going to do for him? It's not like you're throwing over the top of your linemen...

All you guys do on here is complain about Dalton's inability to throw the deep ball or hang in the pocket. Boyd does those two things better than arguably any other college QB.
    Choo got it, dude.

I think these are all values the Bengals would be looking for.

Boyd is a little bigger QB which is something I think that the Bengals need. Palmer was tall, but skinny and Dalton is a twig of a QB. We need a bigger, athletic QB who can escape the pocket and be tough to bring down. I watch too many times where a hand is put on Dalton and he just drops for a sack. We are in the AFC North, where defense is pretty strong on all teams. Boyd has the ability to run, but is not a runner first, which is what you would want, a Russel Wilson type.

Boyd performed well with a lot of talent around him, which is also perfect because the Bengals have that same situation for their QB position. We are not looking for a QB to come in and change the culture of the team like Cam Newton had to. We are looking for someone who can perform well and get good performances from the guys around him.

Him not being a top pick, allows them to play Dalton one more year and avoid a QB controversy (there still will be one regardless, but not as pressured by fans if new QB is a 3rd or 4th round pick). Also, getting him in the 3rd round allows the team to address other needs like CB, DL, and OL which have been thin due to injuries and impending free agents in Collins and MJ.
    2014 Attendance 0-3

He's 6'1" (the same height as Manziel). What is a few extra inches going to do for him? It's not like you're throwing over the top of your linemen...

All you guys do on here is complain about Dalton's inability to throw the deep ball or hang in the pocket. Boyd does those two things better than arguably any other college QB.
    He also has nice completion percentage numbers. His completion percentage has risen every year as a starter and it was nearly 70% this past season. Also, threw 77% in the Orange Bowl against a team that was nearly in the championship.
    2014 Attendance 0-3

He also has nice completion percentage numbers. His completion percentage has risen every year as a starter and it was nearly 70% this past season. Also, threw 77% in the Orange Bowl against a team that was nearly in the championship.
    Oh c'mon don't spin it, the Buckeye defense was awful...

I was comparing him to Troy Smith wasn't I? When did I say anything about Manziel or the Bengals? I couldn't care less about the NFL...

I don't see the Smith comparison at all. Sorry.

The second bit was directed at everyone reading this topic.
    Choo got it, dude.

I don't see the Smith comparison at all. Sorry.
    We're probably not going to see eye-to-eye on the comparison since you see him more like an all-pro (Wilson) and I see him more like a mid-round draft choice who was lucky to be playing in Canada a few years later...

We're probably not going to see eye-to-eye on the comparison since you see him more like an all-pro (Wilson) and I see him more like a mid-round draft choice who was lucky to be playing in Canada a few years later...
    You sure you're not talking about Manziel?
    Choo got it, dude.

Turn Off Ads?