Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dan Lebatard's HOF vote

Re: Dan Lebatard's HOF vote

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Craig Biggio had a .281 lifetime BA and a .796 OPS. He was an outstanding player for many years, but I don't see him as a clear Hall of Famer.
    How do you feel about Barry Larkin?

2. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (01-09-2014), [deleted] (01-12-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?

The BBWAA has stripped Dan LeBatard's voting privileges, because he gave his vote to deadspin.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

5. Likes:

cumberlandreds (01-10-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    The BBWAA has stripped Dan LeBatard's voting privileges, because he gave his vote to deadspin.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    He has also taught me that even when the Reds win it is important to focus on the fact that they could have lost.

8. Likes:

bengalsown (01-10-2014), Todd Gack (01-09-2014)

In all seriousness, this is just dumb. Lebatard's vote should have consequences, but he has successfully brought attention to the just how idiotic the voting process is from the BBWAA.

10. Likes:

BluegrassRedleg (01-09-2014), Revering4Blue (01-09-2014)

Things I find more interesting than Dan LeBatard.....

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

12. Likes:

RedFanAlways1966 (01-09-2014)

"4 minutes? That's ages. What if I get bored or need a television, couple of books. Anyone for chess? Bring me knitting."
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

14. Likes:

Caveat Emperor (01-09-2014)

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    "4 minutes? That's ages. What if I get bored or need a television, couple of books. Anyone for chess? Bring me knitting."
    Long live the 8th.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

16. Likes:

M2 (01-09-2014)

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

I find it absolutely laughable that Lebatard allowing fan input to guide the selections on his ballot constitutes "abusing the privilege" but voting for 1 mediocre candidate while bragging about blackballing the entire of era of players to follow is totally kosher. What a joke of an organization. The HOF itself really needs to step in here.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

18. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (01-09-2014), dubc47834 (01-09-2014), Edd Roush (01-10-2014), M2 (01-09-2014), Raisor (01-10-2014), RedsBaron (01-09-2014), redsbuckeye (01-10-2014), Tom Servo (01-09-2014), westofyou (01-09-2014), Wonderful Monds (01-09-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    I find it absolutely laughable that Lebatard allowing fan input to guide the selections on his ballot constitutes "abusing the privilege" but voting for 1 mediocre candidate while bragging about blackballing the entire of era of players to follow is totally kosher. What a joke of an organization. The HOF itself really needs to step in here.
    Kind of tells us the problem sits inside the HOF board as much as anywhere else.

Frankly, if more electors crowdsourced their ballots, they'd have a better HOF.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

Kind of tells us the problem sits inside the HOF board as much as anywhere else.
    That's where the buck stops. Not Bud, not anyone else. Hopefully what LeBatard did will be a wakeup call for them to rejigger things.

Frankly, if more electors crowdsourced their ballots, they'd have a better HOF.
    How much you wanna bet others have outsourced their ballots? If not this year, then in the past. That's what happens for everything people vote on, they have someone else do it cause they don't have the time or don't want to put forth the effort.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    How much you wanna bet others have outsourced their ballots? If not this year, then in the past. That's what happens for everything people vote on, they have someone else do it cause they don't have the time or don't want to put forth the effort.
    To a degree every ballot is crowdsourced. If you talked to other people and listened to a variety of opinions, then it's pretty much a low level version of giving it to Deadspin.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

23. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (01-09-2014)

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    This was stupid by LaBastard. Like you said there was better ways to protest. I've never liked him because he comes off as very smarmy. Basically a know it all. The HOF should revoke his voting privilidges. I have no idea how he got a vote anyway. He doesn't cover baseball per se. He's a sports in general type. Just another bad thing about the voting.
    I don't think it was stupid. It was his conscious, which is fine by me. I don't think I would have given it to Deadspin if it were my decision, but that's a minor detail to me in the discussion.

You raise a good question, though, about why LeBatard has a vote in the first place. I think he may agree with you.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

To a degree every ballot is crowdsourced. If you talked to other people and listened to a variety of opinions, then it's pretty much a low level version of giving it to Deadspin.
    Isn't this just human communication?

Pay attention to the open sky

Turn Off Ads?