Turn Off Ads?

Thread: De'Anthony Thomas

De'Anthony Thomas

I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on De'Anthony Thomas?

He is listed as a RB at 5' 9'' 170 lbs with a 40 yd dash of 4.34

I think he would be a perfect 2nd round pick for the Bengals. I read somewhere that Andrew Hawkins is unhappy with his role in the offense and is going to leave for free agency, so Thomas could fit in nicely in his role as a slot receiver. Also, Thomas is an amazing kickoff and punt returner. The Bengals can save roster space by cutting and using Thomas for return duties and the slot receiving duties.

Our offense is already dangerous with the likes of Green, Jones, Bernard, Green-Ellis, and Eifert. If we add a bonafide playmaker like Thomas to that mix, then perhaps we cover up the weakness that is Andy Dalton even better.
    2015 Attendance 2-1 (4/6, 4/7,4/24)
    2014 Attendance 1-3 (3/31, 4/12, 8/14)
    2013 Attendance: 6-0 (4/3, 4/16, 4/17, 8/3, 8/21, 9/7)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: De'Anthony Thomas

Isn't that why they drafted Bernard in the 2nd round?

I am saying that Thomas can take over Hawkins' place as the slot receiver and also take over Tate's return duties. I would leave Bernard at the RB position since performed nicely there and was good at picking up blitzes. Both on the field at the same time could be dangerous!
    2015 Attendance 2-1 (4/6, 4/7,4/24)
    2014 Attendance 1-3 (3/31, 4/12, 8/14)
    2013 Attendance: 6-0 (4/3, 4/16, 4/17, 8/3, 8/21, 9/7)

Yes, but isn't Thomas an RB? Wouldn't you draft a slot receiver for the slot receiver position? Also, why would you draft a slot receiver in the 2nd round?

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

I'd definitely consider Hyde in the 2nd, but I'm not sure if I'd bother drafting a RB that early.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Are his hands good enough to be a slot WR and hang onto balls while cutting across the middle, or does he have the hands of a RB? Seems like most of his catches that I remember from college were on swing passes and screens; didn't watch a ton of Oregon so he may have run some more routes. The thought certainly intrigues me as he's an electric talent, and lord knows I wouldn't mind seeing someone other than Tate on KR and PR.

Turn Off Ads?