Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Postees Awards

2014 Postees Awards

Time for the nominations.

The Categories from past years (any ideas for new categories this year?):

Most missed poster

Miss the daily Richard Hand expose on typing with both eyes closed? Wish Fox could still regale us with constant rumors from his unnamed baseball sources? Fiind yourself melancholy over the absense of a myriad of former posters? Who's missed most?

Best tag line

The tag line is that little thing at the bottom of some posts. No, not that little thing at the bottom; the other little thing. Who inspires best? Makes you laugh? Makes you scratch your head trying to decipher those in jokes that are sure to make sense if only you start licking toads.

Best Moniker

Like the understatement of princeton, that Ivy League professor of Reds-related knowledge? Or, Hey Kids! How about Krusty? Does one of the Teamsters make you think about things even before you read their posts? If so, show them you care!

Most Valuable Poster

Whose information do you read first, agree the most with, or disagree but read first anyway? Who finds things you'd never, ever get to read without their help? Who makes you think most?

Most Clever

Best use of poetry, tone, statistics, one-liners to get the point across. Who made a point this year that just made you stop whatever else you were doing and go "uh-huh".

Best Armchair GM

Who would you rather run the Reds than Jim Bowden? Who is the next Theo Epstein?

Best Trademeister

Who comes up with the best deals? Whether it be plausible or not, which of the ADD posters here entertains you with their constant tinkering with the Cincinnati roster?

Best Discussion

Which discussion throughout the year made you think the most? Made you turn to the most? Got the most response? Made you bang your head on the keyboard and curse the heavens because it came up so slow?

Worst Typist

Whether it be grammatical, misspellings, or unclear wording, who makes you scratch your head and wonder what they're taking?

Funniest

Who makes you shoot milk through your nose everytime they post? Who makes you giggle even before you open their posts?

Best Use of Statistics

Which sabre-head helps you understand the game best?

Most Long-winded

Who can't ever shut up, even though you already get the point and wish they'd just stop, they just keep going and going and going, even though they've already gotten across everything they wanted to say they also go off onto other tangents like that time I was sittin in my car and suddenly I thought of a great trade involving Danny Jackson and a gorilla except this gorilla is like the gorilla in Congo and have you ever seen that movie it's really not bad... Nevermind.

Most Positive

Begging the pardon of Rosy Red here, who's the rosiest of us all? Whose glass is consantly half full?

Most Negative

Who is the eeyore?

Best Use of an Emoticon

Who deserves an for coming up with all the best of these little guys out of all us posters.

Nicest

Who is the person most likely to give you the Junor Jersey off their back? Who makes you grin like a little kid?

Best Moderator

Who do you depend on the most? Which one of those guys seems to fix everything?

Best Chatter

Only those that have attended the chat room may vote in this highly contested award. (Haynes underwear will be given to the winner. But not Haynes' underwear.)

Most Off-Topic

I like potatoes!

Best Newcomer

Who has joined Redszone in the last year and made a lasting impact? The Rookie of the Year.

Best Outsider

Favorite fan of a team other than the Reds

The Marty Brennamen Award

Who does the best job of play by play during the game threads?

The Old Red Guard Award

We all know the post. What was the most memorable post of the last year? The one that really made you think, reminisce or stand up and cheer.

Best Historian

Who does the best job of bringing back yesterday when baseball was a game and those who played it were gods?

Lifetime Achievement Award

Who has provided the most to Redszone for the duration of their time spent here? Someone who has been around since the early days and hasn't skipped a beat. The Frank Sinatra of Redszone.

Most Tired Topic of the Year

What one topic showed up in about 300 threads a day? The one that you swore you would go postal on someone if you saw one more thread about it ever again.

Moneyball Man of the Year Award

What poster went all Brad Pitt a la Billy Beane with the best in depth analysis of stats and moves made by the Reds over the last year?

The Lenny Harris Award

What poster doesn't show up often in threads, but when they do, they deliver with timely posts that drive home the point of a topic?

Best Avatar

Does kaldaniels drunk Charlie Sheen in a Reds shirt make you think about WINNING (!) every time you see it? Does a guest appearance by Votto in HeatherC1212's avatar make you smile with each new post? Let them know.

Feel free to add your own new categories if there's something you think we should recognize that I didn't include here.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2014 Postees Awards

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Who is the person most likely to give you the Junor Jersey off their back?
    I will save everyone the trouble right now. No one is getting any of my three Junior jerseys (One Reds, two Mariners). Ask for it and we are probably fighting each other.

Here are my nominations in the categories that I felt I could give something to.

Most Valuable Poster

Tough one. Four guys really jumped to the top. Going to nominate RedsManRick

Best Discussion

Don't always agree with him, but I like the passion from Brutus.

Most Long-winded

He doesn't show up enough, but when he does he types 1500 words per response. SteelSD.

Nicest

KittyDuran
    seems to be giving things away 55 weeks a year.

Best Historian

westofyou

The Lenny Harris Award

SteelSD

Best Avatar

Raisor
    . It makes me laugh every time I see it.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Here are my nominations in the categories that I felt I could give something to.

Most Valuable Poster

Tough one. Four guys really jumped to the top. Going to nominate RedsManRick

Nicest

KittyDuran
    seems to be giving things away 55 weeks a year.

Best Historian

westofyou

I second these nominations.

Most Clever has to be BCubb.

Nicest is KittyDuran. She has sent me quite a few calandars, magnets etc.. over the years for no cost at all. Incredibly nice.

Historian has to be WOY. Encyclopedia of historical knowledge.

Most Tired Topic has to be Rose to the HOF question. I'm sick of that but it comes up multiple times every single year.

Funniest to me is GAC. He knows how to lighten up a moment and not take himself too seriously. I always get a smile from his posts.

Lifetime Achievment for me would be Roy Tucker. He was here long before me and is always around with a good post. He's one of those posters who I always click to read what he has said no matter the topic.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Most Tired Topic:

Trade proposals for Giancarlo Stanton. This has decreased over time, but for awhile there this just drove me nuts.

Historian:

WoY

MVP:

dougdirt - I do not always appreciate how he argues with people, but his knowledge of the minor leagues is unparalleled and he provides information on a subject I have difficulty finding elsewhere.

Most Negative -

New York Red

Funniest -

Raisor

Best Avatar/Name combo -

RedTeamGo!

Anyone that votes for me gets a shiny penny (as long as you send me a self addressed stamped envelope...and a penny)
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

9. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (01-10-2014)

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Anyone that votes for me gets a shiny penny (as long as you send me a self addressed stamped envelope...and a penny)
    Sorry, we no longer use pennies in Canada anymore.

We do though have Loonies and Twoonies.

Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

Most Missed Poster

camisadelgolf - he just hasn't been posting very much lately

Best Tag Line

mth123 - I say it all the time

Best Moniker

pogslammer - I have never seen one of their 7 posts, but just ran across this username in the members list and it's awesome!

Best Avatar

Patrick Bateman

Best at Ripping on Other Posters

PuffyPig

Most Valuable Poster

DougDirt - the information he provides about the minor leagues is invaluable, and I don't know where else I would find a lot of it (other than his site, duh)

Most Clever

Rojo

Best Discussion

kaldaniels

Best Armchair GM

Kc61 - I used to disagree with him a lot, but lately I think hes been a voice of reason (although he still sometimes gets waay too caught up in making one specific tired point)

Funniest

Larry Schuler - duh

Best Use of Memes

Tom Servo

Best Use of Statistics

RedsManRick - duh

Most Negative

edabbs44 - what a downer

Most Positive

_sir_charles_ - too positive sometimes haha

Best Moderator

Plus Plus

Most Off-Topic

Raisor - for random comic book jokes I don't get

The Old Red Guard Award

I dunno, probably something by Roy Tucker teaching us all a life lesson

westofyou - he's probably the most important reason I still read this site (no pressure)

Trading for guys the reds just simply aren't going to trade for

Most Underrated

Edd Roush

The Lenny Harris Award

IslandRed

Most Interesting Poster

M2 - he's been showing up more often lately and I hope that continues! (he also should post about music more often based on his California X post)

Most Heralded Return

Falls City Beer - duh

Most Reasonable College Football Fan

dabvu2498 - dude sets me straight sometimes and I appreciate that

Most Unreasonable College Football Fan

jojo - I wish I never woulda discovered his college football side

Best Music Tastes

Wonderful Monds - ever since I found out about his emo side

Worst Music Tastes

Dom Heffner

Poster I Sometimes Strongly Agree With and Sometimes Strongly Disagree With

CaveatEmperor

Best Movie Tastes

Razor Shines

Best "Interests" Listed in Their Profile

The Baumer II
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

Most missed poster

Vottomatic

We lost him this year way too soon and, even though I didn't always agree with him, his sudden absence was definitely felt by all.

Most Valuable Poster

RedsManRick

I really appreciate his patience, diplomacy and ability to speak to both sides of the issues.

Most Clever

Raisor

He has a system. It works.

Best Trademeister

Benihana

Combine an in-depth knowledge of the minor leagues and a zest for the improbable but possible, and you get Beni.

Best Discussion

Brutus

Gotta agree with dougdirt on this one. Sometimes I think Brutus is just here to play devil's advocate, but he does it darn well.

Worst Typist

WVPacman

Something about lack of spacing after periods really bugs me. It does, however, make this poster's ideas distinctive.

Funniest

Larry Schuler

A force of informed irreverence on the board -- and always chimes in at just the right time.

Best Use of Statistics

SteelSD

He puts his numbers where his mouth is.

Most Long-winded

Old school 1983

There are some great ideas in there, but sometimes he posts another long post before I've finished reading his last one!

Most Positive

_Sir_Charles_

I don't remember him always being this positive, but man... let him be an inspiration to us all.

Most Negative

Falls City Beer

His much-heralded return to posting has brought a smart cloud of doubt to all of my hard-earned optimism.

Who is the eeyore?

5TimeWSChamps

His recent "Time to Move on from Walt" thread single-handedly won this award for me. FCB himself would agree, I think.

Nicest

redsmetz

Always a voice of reason with kind words to add in any discussion.

Best Moderator

Boss-Hog

Not sure he counts as a moderator, but he sure is quick with the response on any and every issue.

Best Newcomer

PepperJack

Easily the best all-around poster in the 2013 class for me. Also one of the three most prolific, I think.

Best Outsider

jojo

Not sure if he counts for this category, but I believe his heart is in Seattle -- or at least split between the Queen City and the Pacific Northwest. Also a finalist for the Statistics award for me.

Best Historian

woy

Hands down. Also could have qualified for the most knowledge on a variety of other topics. Didn't realize he was also a huge fan of European art film, for example.

dougdirt

He actually hasn't been around since the beginning (I think we joined around the same time) but he's been by far one of the biggest contributors since then. His posts alone make the Minor League forum worth visiting regularly (and he's not the only poster... which makes it even better!)

Votto's approach to hitting was interesting to discuss at first. Not so much anymore.

The Old Red Guard Award

--

I'll have to do some research on this and get back to you...
    Last edited by RedEye; 01-10-2014 at 12:54 PM.
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

13. Likes:

PepperJack (01-10-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Isn't that how you got your wife to date you?

Come on Phil - get some new material. Like a Nobel prize. You have, like, 7. Help a brother out.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

I'll add a few more:

Most Missed is Vottmatic He was a good poster who's untimely death was a shocked to all of us.

Most positve has to be Sir Charles. I wish I could be as positive as he seems to be at all times.

Best Armchair GM is KC61 I don't laways agree with him but he puts very good thought into all of his posts.

Best Moderator It's hard for to pick one. All the mods do a great job and make this site the best baseball forum in the Internet universe.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    [B]Best Newcomer

PepperJack

Easily the best all-around poster in the 2013 class for me. Also one of the three most prolific, I think.
    I have to ask, am I one of the three most prolific from 2013?

I just realized during this thread that I am part of the 2013 class.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Worst Music Tastes

Dom Heffner
    You like me! You really, really like me!
    I'm interested in jobs and you won't create jobs by forcing employers to pay their employees $9/hr- Sea Ray
    I'd say min wage should be about $9/hr - Sea Ray

18. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (01-10-2014), Razor Shines (01-22-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Best Use of Memes
    Tom Servo
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

20. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (01-10-2014), Brutus (01-10-2014), Razor Shines (01-22-2014)

Turn Off Ads?