Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Postees Awards

Re: 2014 Postees Awards

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    If it had been the RaisorZone awards I would have done better.
    Or is it just a ploy to convince others that the fix isn't in?
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Or is it just a ploy to convince others that the fix isn't in?
    I think you might be George Patton. "I read your book!"

Senor Votto

Most Negative:

FCB

Most missed poster: Raisor. He's not even gone and I miss him already. I can only imagine how those who actually like him must feel.

Best tag line: Chris Utz. It's beauty resides in it's simplicity.

Best Moniker: Since I don't know what a moniker is, Raisor.

Most Valuable Poster: Again, Chris Utz. This was a dog fight between he and Raisor but in the end, he has been a member since March 2002 and I can honestly say that I have never disagreed with anything Utz has posted. Sorry Raisor.

Most Clever: Raisor. His posts aren't really particularly inspiring but when one realizes that he is actually exerting mind control while slowly taking over the world through subliminal messages embedded within his posts, well then, one must acknowledge a whole new level of clever.

Best Armchair GM: Chris Utz. I have yet to disagree with his shared wisdom.

Best Trademeister: Chris Utz. I have yet to disagree with his shared wisdom

Best Discussion: Sorry Raisor-Uts again. Though at times the pregnant pauses can be deafening, often the silences have been paths to enlightenment.

Funniest: Raisor in a landslide. And yes, to echo sentiments in your PM, I agree that Larry Schuler is just a two bit hack wannabe who could never approach your genius.

Best Use of Statistics: Raisor. He won a nobel prize for inventing pythag.

Most Long-winded: Raisor. I've never seen anyone capable of holding their breath under water as long as he can.

Most Positive: Chris Utz. Again-been a member since spring 2002 and has never uttered a negative thing. It was close but Raisor said that one thing once.

Most Negative: Easily Raisor.

Best Use of an Emoticon: Raisor! I think he earned his 22nd Nobel prize by inventing emoticons.

Nicest: Raisor

Best Moderator: Raisor. Again, he does more with his embedded mind control code in one post than an entire mod staff could accomplish in a year. This isn't a knock on the mods, its just they're human after all. Not a fair fight, really.

Best Chatter: I've never been in chat, but really, is it even a contest? Raisor.

Most Off-Topic: Raisor.

Best Newcomer: Raisor. I know he's been around a while but every post just seems so fresh.

Best Outsider: Raisor.

The Marty Brennamen Award: Raisor. I think it's mostly because he's his idol (yes, Marty thinks that much of him...)

The Old Red Guard Award: Raisor!

Best Historian: Raisor. Seriously, if he doesn't say it happened, it didn't.

Lifetime Achievement Award: Raisor.

Most Tired Topic of the Year: Anything that calls Raisor's awesomeness into question. Enough already, people!

Moneyball Man of the Year Award: Raisor. Billy Beane has him on speed dial though, to be fair, they might spend a decent amount of time discussing men's fashions too.

The Lenny Harris Award: Raisor.

Best Avatar: Raisor.

Hmmm... I laughed, but this feels to me like an unofficial protest against the Postee Awards. Care to share some real thoughts without the sarcasm?
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Hmmm... I laughed, but this feels to me like an unofficial protest against the Postee Awards. Care to share some real thoughts without the sarcasm?
    That is my official ballot. Why does everything have to be a protest? It almost sounds like you don't think Raisor is worthy. That hurts on many levels.
    Last edited by jojo; 01-12-2014 at 09:19 AM.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

7. Likes:

Raisor (01-12-2014)

Might add Worst Speller: Razor.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

9. Likes:

KittyDuran (01-12-2014)

I wouldnt be surprised if he sent his ballot to deadspin.com.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

11. Likes:

bigredmechanism (01-12-2014),RedEye (01-12-2014)

Next year change the Awards to : 2015 RaisorLike Postees Awards, because Raisor is bigger than life, and will likely ascend to higher plane of consciousness
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

13. Likes:

jojo (01-12-2014)

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Next year change the Awards to : 2015 RaisorLike Postees Awards, because Raisor is bigger than life, and will likely ascend to higher plane of consciousness
    So he's got that going for him. Which is nice.
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 01-12-2014 at 12:03 PM.

I think jojo should stand up in front and share is little inside game with the rest of the class.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

16. Likes:

RedEye (01-12-2014)

Am I not qualified for all of those!

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Am I not qualified for all of those!

Of course you are. But Utz?
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Most missed poster

Stormy. Loved his posts.

Best Moniker

Wally Poster - Still the best name.

Most Valuable Poster

KC61. Thought provoking and usually spot on. The only way he could improve is if he'd agree with me a little more often.

Most Clever

BCUBB again.

Best Armchair GM

Can't think of a specific name, but someone who believes in churning the roster to avoid paying too much for mediocrity and doesn't get all unrealistic about how much money the team can and should spend.

Best Trademeister

See above.

Worst Typist

MTH123 in a landslide.

Funniest

BCUBB

Best Use of Statistics

REDSMANRICK. Knows his stuff but is usually respectful about it. Too many "stat guys" are way too nasty about it.

Most Long-winded

Everybody is guilty form time to time. My-self included. I'll go with Redeye here.

Most Positive

Sir Charles.

Most Negative

Could be me, especially now, but I was pretty positive going into 2013 (predicted 96 wins). Caveat Emperor only predicted 84 wins for 2013, so for this year, I'll go with him.

Nicest

KittyDuran. We should just rename this the KittyDuran award and make her ineligible so I could vote for some one else. Redsmetz is a close second.

Best Newcomer

Junkhead has good stuff.

Best Outsider

Lots of good ones. Mike Thierry got a lot of unfair crap from some of the nastier posters on this board (you know who you are). I vote for him.

The Marty Brennamen Award

Reds Fanatic seems to do a good job and the game threads flow well when he is doing the PBP.

Best Historian

Tough one here. WOY, BigKlu, ChicoRuiz all do well.

Lifetime Achievement Award

Another tough call. I'll go with KC61 here.

Most Tired Topic of the Year

All the sniping at the Cardinals fans who come here to talk baseball. Without a doubt, those threads show Redszone and Reds fans at their absolute worst.

Moneyball Man of the Year Award

Probably Redsmanrick, but the board is so knowledgeable, could be any of a number of people.

The Lenny Harris Award

Island Red doesn't post much anymore, but he is really spot on when he does.
    Last edited by mth123; 01-12-2014 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Typos - of course.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

20. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (01-12-2014),MikeThierry (01-17-2014),RedEye (01-12-2014)

That is my official ballot. Why does everything have to be a protest? It almost sounds like you don't think Raisor is worthy. That hurts on many levels.
    Not everything has to be a protest, no. We all love Raisor. I just wouldn't mind getting your actual opinions on what people do.

I suppose this makes you the Dan LeBatard of RedsZone... er... RaisorZone.

22. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (01-14-2014)

They call me "chef"

I think we should nominate a poster to act as the official umpire of voting.

24. Likes:

jojo (01-12-2014),Razor Shines (01-22-2014),westofyou (01-12-2014),Wonderful Monds (01-12-2014)

Turn Off Ads?