Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Postees Awards

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Re: 2014 Postees Awards

everybody is above average here in Lake RedsZone
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

2. Likes:

Raisor (01-10-2014), Revering4Blue (01-11-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post

Nicest

redsmetz

Always a voice of reason with kind words to add in any discussion.
    Amen.

5. Likes:

RedEye (01-10-2014)

Pimpin...literally!!! dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I have to ask, am I one of the three most prolific from 2013?

I just realized during this thread that I am part of the 2013 class.
    Have much of an ego, first you voted for yourself and now you want to know if you are in someones top 3...

7. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (01-11-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Time for the nominations.

The Categories from past years (any ideas for new categories this year?):

Most missed poster

Vottomatic. I disagreed with him a lot, but he passed way too soon.

Most Valuable Poster

Doug or Gallen for me here. I read Doug's site, but I appreciate what he brings here too. Gallen's post are usually links to news, and I really enjoy that fact.

Most Clever

BCubb

Best Trademeister

I think Benihana does these in his sleep.

Funniest

Tom Servo

Best Use of Statistics

RMR, hands down.

Most Positive

Sir Charles

Most Negative

5Time

The Marty Brennamen Award

Reds Fanatic, Sir Charles

Best Historian

WOY, RedsMetz

Most Tired Topic of the Year

Anything regarding Votto's approach, Bruce's streaks, or Walt sleeping

Moneyball Man of the Year Award

I enjoy KC's stats updates throughout the season.

Best Avatar

I enjoy the avatar's that change by the poster's moods. Such as, Reds44 and the player of the moment for him, that he thinks could help. Or Tom Servo's changing avi's, or Homer Bailey's Homer Bailey.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Most Clever

Rojo
    Most perceptive: BaseClogger.
    The widow is gathering nettles for her children's dinner; a perfumed seigneur, delicately lounging in the Oeil de Boeuf, hath an alchemy whereby he will extract the third nettle and call it rent. ~ Carlyle

10. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (01-11-2014), bigredmechanism (01-11-2014), dougdirt (01-10-2014), mace (01-10-2014), Razor Shines (01-22-2014), texasdave (01-13-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I have to ask, am I one of the three most prolific from 2013?

I just realized during this thread that I am part of the 2013 class.

Yes, you were one of the three, I think.
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    M2 - he's been showing up more often lately and I hope that continues! (he also should post about music more often based on his California X post)
    Newest must listen band for me - J Roddy Walston and the Business
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

13. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (01-11-2014), RichRed (01-11-2014), westofyou (01-10-2014)

They call me "chef"

Maybe it's just me but, for me, Boss Hog and GIK deserve all the awards. What they've built here is unlike anywhere else on the web and, other than a few bad apples and a particular forum that I no longer post in because of a personal vow to be a better person, everyone here is respectful and knowledgable. Also I nominate Sea Ray for Most Valuable Poster.
    Cincinnati Reds 2014 W-L Record: 76.6-85.4*

Cincinnati Reds 2015 W-L Record: TBA

*UPDATED: 2/11/2014

15. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (01-11-2014), 757690 (01-11-2014), bigredmechanism (01-11-2014), dubc47834 (01-11-2014), Edd Roush (01-11-2014), jojo (01-11-2014), KittyDuran (01-11-2014), MattyHo4Life (01-15-2014), NebraskaRed (01-11-2014), Razor Shines (01-22-2014), Red Raindog (01-11-2014), Rojo (01-11-2014), Roy Tucker (01-11-2014), Tom Servo (01-11-2014), westofyou (01-11-2014), wolfboy (01-11-2014), Wonderful Monds (01-11-2014)

"On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Newest must listen band for me - J Roddy Walston and the Business
    Oh! I caught some of these guys at a friends and had forgotten about them. Glad you mention them! Reminded me of NRBQ a little.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Oh! I caught some of these guys at a friends and had forgotten about them. Glad you mention them! Reminded me of NRBQ a little.
    Oh man. I saw NRBQ play at the first Earth Day at Miami U. in 1970. I used to be a hippie.

Pay attention to the open sky

19. Likes:

SunDeck (01-11-2014), westofyou (01-11-2014)

Most missed poster: Raisor. He's not even gone and I miss him already. I can only imagine how those who actually like him must feel.

Best tag line: Chris Utz. It's beauty resides in it's simplicity.

Best Moniker: Since I don't know what a moniker is, Raisor.

Most Valuable Poster: Again, Chris Utz. This was a dog fight between he and Raisor but in the end, he has been a member since March 2002 and I can honestly say that I have never disagreed with anything Utz has posted. Sorry Raisor.

Most Clever: Raisor. His posts aren't really particularly inspiring but when one realizes that he is actually exerting mind control while slowly taking over the world through subliminal messages embedded within his posts, well then, one must acknowledge a whole new level of clever.

Best Armchair GM: Chris Utz. I have yet to disagree with his shared wisdom.

Best Trademeister: Chris Utz. I have yet to disagree with his shared wisdom

Best Discussion: Sorry Raisor-Uts again. Though at times the pregnant pauses can be deafening, often the silences have been paths to enlightenment.

Funniest: Raisor in a landslide. And yes, to echo sentiments in your PM, I agree that Larry Schuler is just a two bit hack wannabe who could never approach your genius.

Best Use of Statistics: Raisor. He won a nobel prize for inventing pythag.

Most Long-winded: Raisor. I've never seen anyone capable of holding their breath under water as long as he can.

Most Positive: Chris Utz. Again-been a member since spring 2002 and has never uttered a negative thing. It was close but Raisor said that one thing once.

Most Negative: Easily Raisor.

Best Use of an Emoticon: Raisor! I think he earned his 22nd Nobel prize by inventing emoticons.

Nicest: Raisor

Best Moderator: Raisor. Again, he does more with his embedded mind control code in one post than an entire mod staff could accomplish in a year. This isn't a knock on the mods, its just they're human after all. Not a fair fight, really.

Best Chatter: I've never been in chat, but really, is it even a contest? Raisor.

Most Off-Topic: Raisor.

Best Newcomer: Raisor. I know he's been around a while but every post just seems so fresh.

Best Outsider: Raisor.

The Marty Brennamen Award: Raisor. I think it's mostly because he's his idol (yes, Marty thinks that much of him...)

The Old Red Guard Award: Raisor!

Best Historian: Raisor. Seriously, if he doesn't say it happened, it didn't.

Lifetime Achievement Award: Raisor.

Most Tired Topic of the Year: Anything that calls Raisor's awesomeness into question. Enough already, people!

Moneyball Man of the Year Award: Raisor. Billy Beane has him on speed dial though, to be fair, they might spend a decent amount of time discussing men's fashions too.

The Lenny Harris Award: Raisor.

Best Avatar: Raisor.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

21. Likes:

George Anderson (01-11-2014)

Obviously.
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar

Jojo's a little confused... Thinks it's Raisorzone awards...
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 3-4
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 1-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

24. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (01-12-2014), jojo (01-11-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    Jojo's a little confused... Thinks it's Raisorzone awards...
    If it had been the RaisorZone awards I would have done better.
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

26. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (01-12-2014), jojo (01-11-2014), KittyDuran (01-11-2014)

Turn Off Ads?