Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Postees Awards

Re: 2014 Postees Awards

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Not everything has to be a protest, no. We all love Raisor. I just wouldn't mind getting your actual opinions on what people do.

I suppose this makes you the Dan LeBatard of RedsZone... er... RaisorZone.
    I've already voted. Jeeps maybe this is too serious to not have voting done by secret ballot?
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I've already voted. Jeeps maybe this is too serious to not have voting done by secret ballot?

Gotcha
    "I’ll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. That’s just how I do things.” -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    I think we should nominate a poster to act as the official umpire of voting.

Ah yes, informed irreverence.

Seriously though ... Not trying to take the process too seriously. Just wouldn't mind knowing what people actually think about other posters.
    "I’ll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. That’s just how I do things.” -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Most missed poster
    Vottomatic. I was truly sad to hear of his untimely passing.

Most Valuable Poster
    WOY for me. I read every word. It's a little obsessive.

Most Clever
    BCubb.

Best Discussion
    Call me a masochist, but I love the discussion on Joey's approach to hitting and whether he should be more aggressive and when.

Worst Typist
    I can't think of the poster (someone can help me) but there's one who, rather than ending a sentence in a period and a space, ends them in an ellipsis and no space. The journalism graduate in me has a hard time with that one.

Funniest
    Tom Servo

Best Use of Statistics
    RedsManRick

Most Positive
    Metz

Most Negative
    bob jones

Nicest
    Heather. Earlier this year after I got in an argument with another poster, she sent me a PM apologizing for that poster and encouraging me to give him a break.

Best Moderator
    Tie for first place. I don't have a single complaint with anything those guys do on a daily basis. It's impressive how, on a board littered with debate (sometimes nice, sometimes less so) that nobody questions their leadership.

Best Newcomer
    He's technically a 2012er, but NebraskaRed

The Marty Brennamen Award
    Always appreciate Reds Fanatic when I can't see the game.

Best Historian
    WOY again

Lifetime Achievement Award
    Doug

Most Tired Topic of the Year
    Jay Bruce's streakiness. It's always going to be Jay Bruce's streakiness.

Best Avatar
    Raisor's always makes me laugh.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

6. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (01-14-2014), Tom Servo (01-14-2014)

I really don't know how I could possibly vote for one person for each category.

There are too many good people here to even attempt it anymore.

I think Redszone has outgrown the idea.

8. Likes:

dfs (01-17-2014), MikeThierry (01-17-2014), RANDY IN INDY (01-13-2014), RedlegJake (01-14-2014), Revering4Blue (01-13-2014), RichRed (01-13-2014)

I miss Princeton.

10. Likes:

Benihana (01-13-2014), Chip R (01-15-2014), Edd Roush (01-13-2014), mth123 (01-13-2014), RANDY IN INDY (01-13-2014), Revering4Blue (01-13-2014), Rojo (01-13-2014), TRF (01-14-2014), wheels (01-13-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    I miss Princeton.
    A thousand times, YES.

12. Likes:

RANDY IN INDY (01-13-2014)

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Har Ecou anyone?
    If you're watchin' a parade, make sure you stand in one spot, don't follow it, it never changes. And if the parade is boring, run in the opposite direction, you will fast-foward the parade. --Mitch Hedberg

Most missed poster

Stormy. Loved his posts.
    No question. He's definitely missed.
    "I have just been more than a little suspect of all the trades since the Willy (Scott Williamson) cash grab. That one left such a bad taste in my mouth that even a 1985 Dom Pérignon couldn't cleanse it." -- Creek14

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Ok, let's give this a shot....

Most missed poster
    princeton. There were at least 3 times this season that begged for an old "Coddle thy pitchers and challenge thy hitters." quote.

Best tag line
    757690. I'm a sucker for Einstein quotes.

Best Moniker
    A lot of good names out there, but I'm going to go with [deleted]. That's just downright irreverent.

Most Valuable Poster

Caveat Emperor. Again, there are many , many MVP's here but CE is usually the one who posts what I think before I do.

Most Clever

Johnny Footstool and Bcubb. I love everything they post! Co-winners!

Best Armchair GM

This is tough...I know who I'd have for Director of Player Development. Truthfully, and don't take this personally, I much prefer the GM we have to any of you.

Best Trademeister

Krusty is still the king of slobberknockers.

Best Discussion

Hmmm...we had some pretty riveting discussions about the Pirates this season, but my favorite posts every year are the Spring Training threads...the first photos, who's in the best shape of their life, etc. I can't wait!!

Worst Typist

Nobody's really that bad, but REDREAD still confuses me from time to time.

Funniest

Lots of funny posters here, but I'll go with Raisor since he'll prolly cry if I don't mention him somewhere.

Best Use of Statistics

We've got our share of statheads here, but RedsManRick has turned it up a notch this year.

Most Long-winded

Although I often agree with him, I find dougdirt's occasional inability to let a point go tiring.

Most Positive

I'm going with an unsung optimist this year, jhiller21!

Most Negative

Falls City Beer, he'd be disappointed if he didn't get this one.

Best Use of an Emoticon

I think this is an area where the whole board can use a little improvement, but I'll go with HeatherC1212 for judicious use of emoticons in the game threads!

Nicest

Come on... KittyDuran! was there ever any doubt?!?

Best Moderator

All the moderators do a great job, but GIK and BossHog deserve most of the glory for their many years of selfless service to RedsZoners! <standing O>

Best Chatter

GAK!

Most Off-Topic

Dom Heffner is the king of obscure interconnections.

Best Newcomer

OC_Red. - Here's hoping for more like that in 2014!

Best Outsider

I'll go with Mike Thierry this year but MattyHo4Life has some longevity.

The Marty Brennamen Award

RedLegJake.

The Old Red Guard Award

ChipR

Best Historian

M2

Lifetime Achievement Award

westofyou

Most Tired Topic of the Year

Trade Bailey.

Moneyball Man of the Year Award

I'm going to go with a man and woman of the year with co-winners vaticanplum and TRF.

The Lenny Harris Award

remdog

Best Avatar

Ok, I'm going with Crumbley. Is that a selfie or is that someone famous? Whoever it is she has a fantastic smile! It must have been taken during Spring Training...

Well, that's my

"Okay you guys, pair up in threes!" --Yogi Berra

16. Likes:

Chip R (01-15-2014), HeatherC1212 (01-14-2014), MikeThierry (01-17-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    Maybe it's just me but, for me, Boss Hog and GIK deserve all the awards. What they've built here is unlike anywhere else on the web and, other than a few bad apples and a particular forum that I no longer post in because of a personal vow to be a better person, everyone here is respectful and knowledgable. Also I nominate Sea Ray for Most Valuable Poster.

"panic" only comes from having real expectations

"If nominated I will not run, If elected I will not serve."
    Last edited by GAC; 01-14-2014 at 05:16 AM.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

19. Likes:

Red Raindog (01-14-2014)

Best Smelling: Chip R

Cutest in a two piece: SteelSD

Best Dog: Nate's Gordy
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

I really need to step up my game.

2014 will be MINE!
    Suck it up cupcake.

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post

Sea Ray and I are friends, this is true, but in no way am I a "brown noser" for noting his contribution to this forum.

Most Clever: Paintmered. I remember when he was a mod, Red always found new and creative reasons to close threads. Haven't seen him around lately but I doubt anyone has proved themselves more worthy.

Funniest Poster: BCubb. Whenever I am having a bad day, which is admittedly less these days since I stopped visiting the Politics forum, I read BCubb's threads and it makes me smile.
    Cincinnati Reds 2014 W-L Record: 76.6-85.4*

Cincinnati Reds 2015 W-L Record: TBA

*UPDATED: 2/11/2014

23. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (01-14-2014), Razor Shines (01-22-2014), redsmetz (01-14-2014)

Turn Off Ads?