Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The Official "Jinx Your Relationship" Thread

The Official "Jinx Your Relationship" Thread

This is going to seem trite or maybe a bit shallow to some, but the woman I've been with for nearly two years is absolutely perfect.

I'm sort of an "alpha male" by her description, and we often talk freely about politics (even though I'm something of an objectivist/anarchist/weirdo), religion, the space program....whatever, and we almost never agree, but it's really fun. She states her case in a concise, non confrontational tone just like I do, so we end up having these amazingly level headed debates that end with both of us having learned something.

I have no idea how I met this woman. Actually, that's not true. She's an emergency veterinarian, and I tend to adopt wayward pooches, but who really hooks up with a veterinarian? This guy, apparently, and she loves my insane Weimeraner/pitbull mix almost as much as his "dad". She told me that I won her over when I explained that I named him Titus because it's Roman for "Defender". Whatever. I know it's really because of my blue eyes and dashing comportment.

As bad as things are with my ailing Father, and my general disdain for most things popular these days, this one is the shining beacon in my world, so I guess this is the best time to doom the whole bloody thing for eternity.

Dear reader. Do you have the guts to out yourself and your happiness only to look back on this thread in agony when it all comes crashing down?

C'mon. Tap your inner Nihilist. Let your "happiness" fly.

2. Likes:

BillDoran (01-13-2014),KittyDuran (01-14-2014),RedEye (01-19-2014),RedTeamGo! (01-14-2014),RichRed (01-14-2014),Roy Tucker (01-14-2014),SunDeck (01-13-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The Official "Jinx Your Relationship" Thread

Oh, and I should have titled the thread "jinx yourself".

It's open to way more than just relationships.

The Official "Jinx Your Relationship" Thread

I've been with my wife for 27.5 years and we have ben married 15 of them, cohabitation for 22.

Why we still do it is because is love, why we haven't killed each other yet is because of our upbringing

6. Likes:

BoxingRed (01-15-2014),paintmered (01-16-2014),wheels (01-13-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I've been with my wife for 27.5 years and we have ben married 15 of them, cohabitation for 22.

Why we still do it is because is love, why we haven't killed each other yet is because of our upbringing
    As much as I've tried to eschew that notion in the past, I think I'm coming to that conclusion myself.

I got lucky. I married "up". Why in god's name someone like my wife decided to marry someone like me, I'll never know. But I am thankful.

Together 31 years, married almost 29, 3 kids, and quite a few ups and downs. But we've participated fully in the festival of life and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I was a bum before I met her (a successful one, but no scruples or morals) and the life we've built I feel like I was always destined for.

So of that isn't the kiss of death I don't know what is. She'll probably take off with a banker tomorrow.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

9. Likes:

wheels (01-13-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I got lucky. I married "up". Why in god's name someone like my wife decided to marry someone like me, I'll never know. But I am thankful.

Together 31 years, married almost 29, 3 kids, and quite a few ups and downs. But we've participated fully in the festival of life and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I was a bum before I met her (a successful one, but no scruples or morals) and the life we've built I feel like I was always destined for.

So of that isn't the kiss of death I don't know what is. She'll probably take off with a banker tomorrow.
    I don't know if I've ever said it, but you seem like a slightly older version of me.

You've summed my feelings up perfectly.

11. Likes:

Roy Tucker (01-14-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    I don't know if I've ever said it, but you seem like a slightly older version of me.

You've summed my feelings up perfectly.
    Slightly? Haha.

When it's time, you know. I was 31. At least I was smart enough to realize the opportunity when it was presented and I had purged most of the demons from my soul.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

13. Likes:

TeamCasey (01-16-2014)

Like Roy, I married up, into the deeper end of the gene pool. Married 22 years, living together 26, there have only been two arguments that I can remember and they were of course my doing. We've grown into adults together, enduring parenthood with some especially difficult challenges that have convinced me our relationship is stronger than anything the world can throw at us. We compliment each other in many ways; I bring the physical labor, the hod carrier of the household, she brings the whimsy, laughter and reminds us always that life isn't worth a damn if it weighs you down. She has practically unimaginable emotional strength and a resilience that buoys those around her, she is a source of comfort to others and keeps the compass which shows us the way. On top of that there is nowhere we'd rather be than with each other; sailing, walking, listening to music, sleeping, we are each other's best friend so that the end of her existence is practically indistinguishable from the beginning of mine. I've wondered before whether that's a good thing or a bad thing and have come to accept that it simply is what we are and I am thankful every day that among the seven billion people on earth I happened to find the one for me in the lottery of life.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

15. Likes:

BillDoran (01-14-2014),HeatherC1212 (01-21-2014),KittyDuran (01-14-2014),RichRed (01-14-2014),wheels (01-14-2014)

My wife and I are living in different cities until June (when she finishes the school year in North Carolina). Aside from Christmas we have been apart since December 13th and I did not realize how much this would suck.

Turn Off Ads?