Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RBI Baseball Is Back!

Go BLUE!!!

2. Likes:

camisadelgolf (01-15-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Re: RBI Baseball Is Back!

Spent hours of my life enjoying that game. Maybe my second-favorite baseball video game of all time, just behind Earl Weaver Baseball.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

5. Likes:

cincyinco (01-16-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    Spent hours of my life enjoying that game. Maybe my second-favorite baseball video game of all time, just behind Earl Weaver Baseball.
    Ahem....Baseball Stars on the NES. First game with a Franchise Mode that you could play 162 games season on.

7. Likes:

Bob Sheed (01-16-2014),DaytonFlyer (01-16-2014),Hypnotoad (01-16-2014),joshua (01-16-2014),wolfboy (01-16-2014)

We were always a baseball simulator 1.000 household

9. Likes:

Johnny Footstool (01-16-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by RadfordVA View Post
    We were always a baseball simulator 1.000 household
    Tru dat.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Loved this game.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

As much as I crushed hard on Baseball Stars when it came out (remember to press and hold both buttons when you turn it off!), RBI was the only game at the time that used real players. I was insanely addicted to it. I remember my mother would always run the vacuum when I started playing because that droning tune that played when there were runners in scoring position drove her to the edge of insanity.

Who here cocked Eric Davis' bat half way when using the NL All Star team? It just didn't seem right to let him use a regular stance.

13. Likes:

kpresidente (01-17-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post

Who here cocked Eric Davis' bat half way when using the NL All Star team? It just didn't seem right to let him use a regular stance.
    Not quite halfway, but yes.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Our game was bases loaded. I cant tell you how many arguements that game started...lol

16. Likes:

Donder (01-17-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Our game was bases loaded. I cant tell you how many arguements that game started...lol
    I loved it when a batter yelled out "You Bum!" sometimes after a strikeout.

The fights on that game were absolutely hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Not quite halfway, but yes.
    I knew I wasn't the only one!

Anybody remember that robot baseball game where if you got called out you could start a fight with the other player (complete with mechanical bazooka's, lasers, etc) and if you won you were safe? What was that called? I loved that game.

20. Likes:

cincyinco (01-17-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    As much as I crushed hard on Baseball Stars when it came out (remember to press and hold both buttons when you turn it off!)
    The trick was to play a 2-player game against the Lovely Ladies, and have their pitcher hit every batter on your team until you walked in 10 runs and won by mercy rule. You got the most money playing the Lovely Ladies because they had such high prestige (fans love 8-bit hotties!), and by walking in the runs this way, you could finish a game in like 2 minutes and rake in the money. I used to wake up at 5 am before school and run a bunch of games so I could fill up my players stats when I got home. I was obsessed.

OK, why lie. I still play this game on my Android NES ROM simulator. Can't get that on an iPhone.

22. Likes:

wheels (01-17-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by kpresidente View Post
    Anybody remember that robot baseball game where if you got called out you could start a fight with the other player (complete with mechanical bazooka's, lasers, etc) and if you won you were safe? What was that called? I loved that game.
    Here it is...

Quote Originally Posted by kpresidente View Post
    The trick was to play a 2-player game against the Lovely Ladies, and have their pitcher hit every batter on your team until you walked in 10 runs and won by mercy rule. You got the most money playing the Lovely Ladies because they had such high prestige (fans love 8-bit hotties!), and by walking in the runs this way, you could finish a game in like 2 minutes and rake in the money. I used to wake up at 5 am before school and run a bunch of games so I could fill up my players stats when I got home. I was obsessed.

OK, why lie. I still play this game on my Android NES ROM simulator. Can't get that on an iPhone.
    That's why I didn't really like that game as much as Baseball Sim 1.000 -- so much drudgery vs. the LLs.

Turn Off Ads?