Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Congratulations, Bud Selig!

Wow, that's just scary.

Did Cy Young win the first Cy Young?
    Did John Heisman win the first Heisman Trophy?

Way to lower our expectations Bud, they were already pretty low but nothing is beyond you kind Bud.

That is such a Kim Jong Un move.

I now expect Sash Baron Cohen to play Bud in the movie.
    Last edited by Yachtzee; 01-22-2014 at 10:29 PM.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

5. Likes:

919191 (01-23-2014),DocRed (01-24-2014),mbgrayson (01-23-2014),NCCardfan (01-23-2014),Number_Fourteen (01-23-2014),pahster (01-23-2014),RedFanAlways1966 (01-23-2014)

In related news, I finished second in voting for the inaugural marcshoe Award.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

7. Likes:

Big Klu (01-22-2014),Donder (01-25-2014),RedFanAlways1966 (01-23-2014),Roy Tucker (01-24-2014)

Senor Votto

Another reason to hate him.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    In related news, I finished second in voting for the inaugural marcshoe Award.
    Who beat you?

Sorry, I had to do it

Serious question.

If Selig has one more year left, MLB has to be hard at work at finding his replacement, right? He's not dying (THAT WE KNOW OF), so I also assume they're seeking a full-out replacement, not the interim slot that Selig filled for seemingly several decades. In this day of endless 160-word speculation, I'm surprised at how little I've heard about this. I guess people don't care that much, but it's inarguably a position of a good amount of power.

Do we know whose names are being bandied about, even purely speculatively? I want the job, of course, but seeing as I've failed to submit my resume, present a platform, or work in sports, my prospects are dim. But nobody immediately springs to mind for me.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Serious question.

If Selig has one more year left, MLB has to be hard at work at finding his replacement, right? He's not dying (THAT WE KNOW OF), so I also assume they're seeking a full-out replacement, not the interim slot that Selig filled for seemingly several decades. In this day of endless 160-word speculation, I'm surprised at how little I've heard about this. I guess people don't care that much, but it's inarguably a position of a good amount of power.

Do we know whose names are being bandied about, even purely speculatively? I want the job, of course, but seeing as I've failed to submit my resume, present a platform, or work in sports, my prospects are dim. But nobody immediately springs to mind for me.
    It's been interesting in recent weeks to hear more and more executives speak of the Tigers' Dave Dombrowski as a candidate for Commissioner.

http://www.blessyouboys.com/2013/11/...b-commissioner

Is the award in the shape of a syringe?

14. Likes:

texasdave (01-24-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Is the award in the shape of a syringe?
    Don't be silly it's a Moe Howard wig

I rode in an elevator with Selig once (RW Baird was in the same building as Selig). I should have hit the emergency stop button and given him an earful. He had 2 thugs with him though.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I rode in an elevator with Selig once (RW Baird was in the same building as Selig). I should have hit the emergency stop button and given him an earful. He had 2 thugs with him though.
    So that's what Tim Hummel is doing these days.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

18. Likes:

Boss-Hog (01-25-2014),Ravenlord (01-24-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Those weren't thugs. They were the guys mlb paid to secretly spike the gator aid in clubhouses with steroids during the late 90's.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Turn Off Ads?