Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: How satisfied are you with the Reds?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Satisfied with the current state of the Reds

9 8.74%
  • Moderately satisfied

23 22.33%
  • Neutral

19 18.45%
  • Moderately dissatisfied

38 36.89%
  • Dissatisfied with the current state of the Reds

14 13.59%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your opinion of the Reds- January 2014

Your opinion of the Reds- January 2014

This is just a poll to find your opinion, on the current state of the Reds.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Your opinion of the Reds- January 2014

I think as is they'll be better than a lot of people think. Slightly disappointed they haven't made a major offensive move, but it wouldnt surprise me if something happens after the Tanaka sweepstakes is over. My feelings right now-cautious optimism.

I'm somewhere in the middle right now. So I went with neutral. I think they have a good club, but I've been a little upset with the lack of moves (starting with last year after Ludwick's injury and continuing into this offseason).

One good move by Walt and I would be fully satisfied.

We're still in it!

If Ludwick hits like the player WE DON'T KNOW... and our new lead-off guy can improve his on-base percentage by changing his name Yo Man Wok..... then I seriously think we have a shot!
    Last edited by GAC; 01-16-2014 at 04:47 PM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Don't have the Astros to kick around anymore... Pirates are improving... Cubs are improving... Reds are doing a whole lotta hopin' and wishin'.

7. Likes:

5TimeWSChamps (01-16-2014),AtomicDumpling (01-16-2014),joshua (01-17-2014),m21eagle45 (01-17-2014)

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

I voted "satisfied" but I'm not opposed to improvements by any means.

9. Likes:

redsmetz (01-19-2014)

Neutral but trending toward moderately dissatisfied

They've been far too well run for long enough that I don't think they're stupid or monumentally cheap. John Allen and company are long gone. I have to think that there is a valid reason for the inaction, but I have to say that I'm frustrated.

After that dog kickingly bad performance the last week plus of the season, I was sure that more roster turnover would have happened by now, but that's just my frustration and it's probably best that a GM doesn't go around busting heads like that.

Oh, and telling us Curtis Goodwin version 2.0 is the answer to the lead off question is adding to my discontent. Throw us a bone in the outfield, please.
    Last edited by wheels; 01-16-2014 at 05:53 PM.

there are multiple question marks on the current roster

hamilton? (I donīt think heīll get enough on base to be an every day cf and leadoff guy)

catcher? donīt know if the more playing time will result in good numbers for mez

pitching? still a one of the best rotations in baseball but can they be healthy (with arroyo gone, 200ip are gone aswell... cueto and cingrani had some health issues, bullpen aswell)

bench? still not much improvement on the bench

ludwick? I believe heīll play a lot better than last year, but I donīt know if heīll be good enough

phillips? will he recover from his 1,5 years of decline? or will it continue

and last but not least

manager? lots of dusty criticism on this site (some was over the top, most of it was right..) but we have no clue how price can/will handle it

=> lots of question marks and therefore Iīm not to happy (in relation to last year) but after all we have still a pretty good team who could (if they get hot in the right time win it all)

the problem I have with the negativity on here is that I donīt see much which could have been done this offseason that would have improved the lineup without huge overpayment..

we overpaid in the past for some guys and pay for it now => I didnīt want to see a big contract for choo (which is a great guy and even better player but not worth the contract) and donīt want to see some prospects go for a slightly improvement (if at all)

worst off season I can ever remember, wow they added a utility retread and a back up catcher, how innervating

Senor Votto

They've done nothing to improve the team yet. As of today I'm moderately disappointed.

15. Likes:

m21eagle45 (01-17-2014)

Extremely Dissatisfied.

They went all-in last year, failed miserably, and have no idea what the hell they are doing now

Meh

18. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (01-19-2014),WildcatFan (01-20-2014)

neutral and I'm a winter, offseason, homerific optimist. As they stand I think they'll be over .500, competitive but not a division winner or capable of making a run via wildcard. They could have a lot more go right than wrong and be better than I expect but even a normal amount of injuries/below career norm performances from players and I don't think they have the depth to overcome it.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

moderately dissatisfied but if Walt has a big bunny in a hat I can be made happy
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Turn Off Ads?