Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 74 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Bengals Discussion

Re: 2014 Bengals Offseason Thread

Cincinnati Bengals visits this season with the visiting schedule coming to a close.

Offense:
    Brock Jensen, QB, North Dakota State (Visit)
    Brendon Kay, QB, Cincinnati (Private workout)
    Logan Thomas, QB, Virginia Tech (Visit)
    Aaron Murray, QB, Bengals (N/A)
    Tom Savage, QB, Pittsburgh (Visit)
    Jeremy Hill, RB, LSU (Visit)
    Terrance West, RB, Towson (Visit)
    Allen Hurns, WR, Miami (Private workout)
    Odell Becham Jr. WR, LSU (Visit)
    Cameron Fleming, OL, (Visit)
    Wesley Johnson, OL, Vanderbilt (Private workout)

Defense:
    Terrence Fede, DL, Marist (Visit)
    Walt Aikens, CB, Liberty (Visit)
    Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State (Visit)
    Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech (Visit)
    Phillip Gaines, CB, Rice (Private workout, Private meeting)
    Jason Verrett, CB, TCU (Visit)
    Dion Bailey, S, USC (Visit, Private workout)
    Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville (Visit)
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Kingspoint, what's the N/A for Aaron Murray mean. THey just called him?
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Kingspoint, what's the N/A for Aaron Murray mean. THey just called him?
    That list was compiled by Rotoworld...

I found this on the web...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...b-aaron-murray

Murray is working toward being prepared for Georgia's April 16 pro day, but in recovering from a torn ACL, his pre-draft preparation has involved more rehab than refinement. Figure the Bengals to be among the clubs in attendance,...

That's not a complete list, as I know that Cumberlands RB Terrance Cobb visited the Bengals.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 04-29-2014 at 07:02 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

If the Bengals are looking for a big, strong, bruising power back to compliment Bernard, I would prefer they draft somebody like Andre Williams or Isaiah Crowell in the mid-late rounds instead of using a 2nd-3rd round pick on Carlos Hyde. No telling if Williams will last that long, though.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I find it interesting that Bradley Roby didn't make that list. He keeps getting mocked to the Bengals at 24, but it seems the Bengals just aren't interested. (I'm glad. Besides the off-field stuff, he just didn't show well last year against top competition.)
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I find it interesting that Bradley Roby didn't make that list. He keeps getting mocked to the Bengals at 24, but it seems the Bengals just aren't interested. (I'm glad. Besides the off-field stuff, he just didn't show well last year against top competition.)
    He wasn't used well by OSU last season. He is a strong physical type of CB and I think OSU played him in zone too much. I think Roby is a guy who will succeed in the NFL. He has all the physical skills and isn't afraid to hit somebody.

8. Likes:

Mario-Rijo (05-02-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    It's not at all unusual for teams to draft guys they had zero contact with, in fact I think it happens more than drafting the guys they bring in for a few specific reasons. 1 being they only get so many visits and they bring in guys often times to essentially clarify something about them & subsequently count them out. I think they feel strongly that they know guys by watching them on film and need no further clarification or at least not so much so that they need to waste a visit on them. So therefore it can be construed as a good thing that they do not bring someone in.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    He wasn't used well by OSU last season. He is a strong physical type of CB and I think OSU played him in zone too much. I think Roby is a guy who will succeed in the NFL. He has all the physical skills and isn't afraid to hit somebody.
    And not to mention according to some legit analysts (seen this on NFL Network) feel Roby was bad early in the season (and specifically against J. Abbaderis/ Wisconsin) but played fine late in the season. Which frankly surprised me since the defense played horribly down the stretch and specifically the pass defense but perhaps Roby wasn't a part of the problem late.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    If the Bengals are looking for a big, strong, bruising power back to compliment Bernard, I would prefer they draft somebody like Andre Williams or Isaiah Crowell in the mid-late rounds instead of using a 2nd-3rd round pick on Carlos Hyde. No telling if Williams will last that long, though.
    Pass on Crowell, doesn't appear to be that interested in contact amongst other things. Williams I have no problem with in like the 5th or later. But I prefer Terrance West of Towson in the 4th round, he should go somewhere in that area. Also Kadeem Carey of Ari. St. is interesting in that range as well.

--Woody Hayes

Bengals mock V(who knows what number maybe 10.0)

1st rd. Ryan Shazier OLB, Ohio St.
    2nd rd. Marcus Martin C, USC
    3rd rd. Larry Webster DE, Bloomsburg
    4th rd. Terrance West RB, Towson
    5th rd. Walt Aikens CB, Liberty
    6th rd. Laurent Duvernay-Tardif OT, McGill
    6th rd. Casey Pachall QB, TCU
    7th rd. Jonathon Dowling S, Western Ky.
    7th rd. Trey Millard FB, Oklahoma

--Woody Hayes

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Pass on Crowell, doesn't appear to be that interested in contact amongst other things. Williams I have no problem with in like the 5th or later. But I prefer Terrance West of Towson in the 4th round, he should go somewhere in that area. Also Kadeem Carey of Ari. St. is interesting in that range as well.
    Crowell is projected as a 6th-7th round pick, possibly even undrafted. How picky could you possibly be at that point? :/
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Crowell is projected as a 6th-7th round pick, possibly even undrafted. How picky could you possibly be at that point? :/
    I might take a chance on him in the 7th if I haven't gotten a RB at that point and someone could convince me that his effort wasn't tied to his attitude somehow. But frankly I don't believe in wasting choices and I think there are guys late who are worth taking so yeah kinda picky actually when I see a potentially fatal flaw in a player. I guess ultimately I don't foresee missing on a RB inside the 1st 4-5 rounds.

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Bengals mock V(who knows what number maybe 10.0)

1st rd. Ryan Shazier OLB, Ohio St.
    2nd rd. Pierre Desir CB, Linwood
    3rd rd. Larry Webster DE, Bloomsburg
    4th rd. Terrance West RB, Towson
    5th rd. Laurent Duvernay-Tardif OT, McGill
    6th rd. Casey Pachall QB, TCU
    6th rd. Jonathon Dowling S, Western Ky.
    7th rd. Trey Millard FB, Oklahoma
    7th rd. John Brown WR, Pitt. St. WR/KR/PR/ST Demon
    Decided to skip the Center thing after I found out I'm an idiot and didn't realize that A.) Mike Pollak actually did sign a starter's contract & B.) That Pollak is more of a physical guy than finesse (apparently had him confused with someone else). So my apologies for misleading anyone with my opinion, it was due to ignorance.

2008 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report:
    Mike Pollak, OL, Arizona State
    Pollak is a big center prospect with incredible strength. Pollak uses that strength to excel in run and pass blocking.
    He has adequate agility and quickness, but clearly his best attribute is his strength.
    Pollak struggles against quick slanting defensive tackles and has a tendency to get pushed back by strong nose tackles.
    http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/p...ospect_ID=1533

--Woody Hayes

Actually, his best attribute is his brain. He's probably the smartest player on the team.

Chris Mortensen is reporting that the Bengals are looking at Bridgewater as a potential fallback option at 24. That would certainly be interesting

Turn Off Ads?