Full schedule is now available for the upcoming season:

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/m...y/matches.html

Week 1 begins August 16th.
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2014-2015 EPL Thread

No rest for the weary huh?

As a psuedo Man U fan I am interested in seeing what this off season entails. Reports are that a massive spending spree is going to happen. I just wonder with Van Gaal being the Dutch coach how long he will have to assemble his new team.

Big offseason questions:

1) Will Everton be able to bring back Lukaku permanently?
    2) Who will Wenger add to Arsenal's back line?
    3) Do top players really want to be part of a rebuild at ManU?
    4) Which players are already tired of Mourinho's act at Chelsea and will they want out (leading suspect Eden Hazard)?
    5) Will Tottenham look to buy all of Southampton's best talents?
    6) Can Liverpool keep Luis Suarez?
    7) Can Man City buy what they need and say inside Financial Fair Play regulations?
    8) Will any of the EPL's lesser teams build a surprise contender by turning to the Americas or Africa for talent?
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I don't see where Lukaku fits into Chelsea's plans long-term. I like him a lot, but I get the sense he's a bit of a headcase who buys a little too much of his own hype. He's a decent striker (with the potential to be world-class), but he has work to do -- especially with his possession and passing. With Diego Costa rumored to be signed/sealed already and the likelihood of Fernando Torres (sadly) returning for another year, I don't see where Lukaku finds space on the roster.

Eden Hazard I'm not worried about. Word/rumor is that he's in the process of negotiating a contract extension with Chelsea. I had been worried that he might end up heading south to PSG, but they went and overpaid badly for David Luiz and allowed that ship to sail.
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

Lukaku also hates Mourinho. He's definitely not playing for Chelsea next season, but can Everton win the race to buy/loan him?
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

My wife just got me tickets to go see Liverpool when they are in Charlotte on 8/2. I'm just a bit stoked.

8. Likes:

Caveat Emperor (07-06-2014), reds1869 (07-06-2014)

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    My wife just got me tickets to go see Liverpool when they are in Charlotte on 8/2. I'm just a bit stoked.
    Good deal. I'm going to the one in Chicago. I also just found out that I have an extra ticket because one of the guys who was going with me backed out. I'm sure I won't have any trouble getting rid of it.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

Cincinnati's premiere expedited trucking company

10. Likes:

hebroncougar (07-06-2014)

I like the EPL a lot, but as a german guy and big fan of sc freiburg Im following the bundesliga more.. would it make sence to make a Bundesliga thread? Or am I the only one following the german league?
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tomnuetten View Post
    I like the EPL a lot, but as a german guy and big fan of sc freiburg Im following the bundesliga more.. would it make sence to make a Bundesliga thread? Or am I the only one following the german league?
    The EPL thread inevitably drifts into UCL talk anyway, so I think Bundesliga is fair game here too. Wouldn't want you to get lonely in your own thread.
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

13. Likes:

tomnuetten (07-07-2014)

Well, hopefully we'll be able to follow the Bundesliga over here more easily in 2015, when Fox Sports takes over the US broadcasts rights. Right now, the Bundesliga is on GolTV, which isn't carried by a lot of cable providers (mine included). So for most of us, we only get to see Bundesliga teams in the Champions League. ESPN will show occasional DFB-Pokal matches on their ESPN3 streaming service. I try to keep up with the goings on of the Bundesliga over the internet, but I'm really looking forward to being able to see more games on TV.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

So this is sweet...

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    So this is sweet...

Arsenal going with the super tight Puma jerseys? Apparently they didn't learn from Uruguay's and Italy's lessons at the World Cup: Super tigh jerseys = failure.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Arsenal going with the super tight Puma jerseys? Apparently they didn't learn from Uruguay's and Italy's lessons at the World Cup: Super tigh jerseys = failure.
    I hope thats true.. really like sanchez but now with the gunners
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

I think he was referring to the guy in the jersey.

19. Likes:

5TimeWSChamps (07-11-2014)

I would love a Bundesliga thread. One for La Liga, too.

Turn Off Ads?