Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 74 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 1098

Thread: 2014 Bengals Discussion

  1. #196
    Big Red Machine RedsBaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Out Wayne
    Posts
    22,928

    Re: 2014 Bengals Offseason Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Bengals 5th round pick

    AJ McCarron QB ALA. Good pick
    I agree
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #197
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    343

    Re: 2014 Bengals Offseason Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Bengals 5th round pick

    AJ McCarron QB ALA. Good pick
    I was hoping for Mettenberger, but I trust Hue Jackson. It just seems like McCarron has all the same strengths and limitations of Dalton. Mettenberger would have offered an alternative

  4. Likes:

    Benihana (05-10-2014), Kingspoint (05-10-2014)

  5. #198
    Big Red Machine RedsBaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Out Wayne
    Posts
    22,928

    Re: 2014 Bengals Offseason Thread

    It was a nice gesture by Dalton to send McCarron a welcoming tweet.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

  6. #199
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,836

    Re: 2014 Bengals Offseason Thread

    He seems to have all the intangibles so I like it. If we can get a competent backup QB with a 5th rounder then that's good enough for me.

  7. #200
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,836

    Re: 2014 Bengals Offseason Thread

    The more I read about the center we took the more I like that pick. That we traded up (seriously when was the last time we traded up?) to get him tells me they think he can maybe be our starter in the very near future.

  8. Likes:

    Kingspoint (05-10-2014)

  9. #201
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,836

    Re: 2014 Bengals Offseason Thread

    It's funny reading all of the people on social media who think the Bengals just drafted our starting QB in the 5th round.

    Chip on his shoulder, all he did was win, etc..

  10. Likes:

    Hoosier Red (05-10-2014)

  11. #202
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: 2014 Bengals Offseason Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    I was hoping for Mettenberger, but I trust Hue Jackson. It just seems like McCarron has all the same strengths and limitations of Dalton. Mettenberger would have offered an alternative
    To quote Skip Bayless, all he does is win. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  12. Likes:

    Hillsdale87 (05-12-2014)

  13. #203
    Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    901

    Re: 2014 Bengals Offseason Thread

    The average attractiveness of women in Cincy just went from a 6.0 to a 6.2.
    Choo got it, dude.

  14. Likes:

    Kingspoint (05-10-2014), WVRed (05-10-2014)

  15. #204
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    7,585

    Re: 2014 Bengals Offseason Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    It was a nice gesture by Dalton to send McCarron a welcoming tweet.
    It was, but McCarron also poses no threat to Dalton in 2015, so Mike Brown still has no more leverage in negotiations with Dalton than he had before this draft. A better QB prospect would have done that, but they moved up in the 3rd to get the Center they coveted. There must not have been a QB they coveted (even though I did...Savage in the 4th to Houston) enough to move up and get him.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  16. #205
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    7,206

    Re: 2014 Bengals Offseason Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    It was, but McCarron also poses no threat to Dalton in 2015, so Mike Brown still has no more leverage in negotiations with Dalton than he had before this draft. A better QB prospect would have done that, but they moved up in the 3rd to get the Center they coveted. There must not have been a QB they coveted (even though I did...Savage in the 4th to Houston) enough to move up and get him.
    It's really funny to read the various pundit grades. Is there any team that has a wider variety of opinions on its draft?
    Kiper(ESPN)-B
    Chris Burke(CNNSI)-A-
    Gregg Rosenthal (NFL.com)- Losers
    Elliott Harrison(NFL.com)- Winners
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

  17. #206
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,836

    Re: 2014 Bengals Offseason Thread

    It's weird but I totally trust our drafting now. It's silly to try and grade these things before the players even play, but I have faith that our FO made the best picks they could.

  18. #207
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,836

    Re: 2014 Bengals Offseason Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    It was, but McCarron also poses no threat to Dalton in 2015, so Mike Brown still has no more leverage in negotiations with Dalton than he had before this draft. A better QB prospect would have done that, but they moved up in the 3rd to get the Center they coveted. There must not have been a QB they coveted (even though I did...Savage in the 4th to Houston) enough to move up and get him.
    I think all of the push Andy Dalton, get more leverage for contract negotiations, and talk like that was more media created than anything else. We just gotta judge how Marvin and Mike feel about Dalton based on their actions, and if they felt like they needed to either replace, push or find a successor for Dalton in this draft they wouldn't have waited till the 5th round. All I take from it is that Andy Dalton is our starter, and he'll be our starter again in 2015 barring something kinda crazy.

  19. #208
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    7,206

    Re: 2014 Bengals Offseason Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I think all of the push Andy Dalton, get more leverage for contract negotiations, and talk like that was more media created than anything else. We just gotta judge how Marvin and Mike feel about Dalton based on their actions, and if they felt like they needed to either replace, push or find a successor for Dalton in this draft they wouldn't have waited till the 5th round. All I take from it is that Andy Dalton is our starter, and he'll be our starter again in 2015 barring something kinda crazy.
    Agreed. Not sure what the rush is. He's under contract for this year and under team control for next year with a franchise tag if they need it. If the Bengals feel like they want a replacement for 2015, they can survey the field of potential replacements next Feb. If they feel like they can't get a useful enough replacement that way, they can use the Franchise Tag and do the dance again in 2016.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

  20. #209
    Winning is fun.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Urbana, OH
    Posts
    810

    Re: 2014 Bengals Offseason Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    It's really funny to read the various pundit grades. Is there any team that has a wider variety of opinions on its draft?
    Kiper(ESPN)-B
    Chris Burke(CNNSI)-A-
    Gregg Rosenthal (NFL.com)- Losers
    Elliott Harrison(NFL.com)- Winners
    I took Rosenthal's "Loser" designation as being based on the fact that the Bengals waited until the 5th to get a QB. He doesn't like Dalton.

  21. #210
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    3,938

    Re: 2014 Bengals Offseason Thread

    I think drafting Jeremy Hill over Carlos Hyde is going to go down as a huge blunder. For some reason people vastly underrate Hyde, he will go down as one of the best running backs in the history of Ohio State football.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25