Turn Off Ads?

Thread: "My Oh My" by Macklemore (Tribute to Dave Niehaus, Mariners PBP guy)

"My Oh My" by Macklemore (Tribute to Dave Niehaus, Mariners PBP guy)

I just heard this song on Pandora today (it's a couple years old), and thought it was pretty cool. If you aren't a fan of Macklemore, you may not like it. But it is baseball themed about growing up in Seattle and listening to Dave Niehaus do play by play for the Mariners. It includes the Griffey play at the plate call. If you don't get chills when listening, I'm sorry.

Sort of wish we had a song like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvNQWQSwmow

2. Likes:

coachpipe (07-16-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: "My Oh My" by Macklemore (Tribute to Dave Niehaus, Mariners PBP guy)

I love macklemore. And love this song. I remember the first time I heard it about 3 years ago or so.

The first song I ever heard from him was The Otherside Remix. If you havent heard it check it out.

He has really blown up which I love seeing. It was only 3 years ago, which seems like yesterday, He did a FREE show at Kenyon College. I went to OU at the time and when I heard he was putting on a FREE show (him being unheard of at the time) I couldnt miss it. The show was in what looked like a backyard barn. No more than 50 people could even fit in there. It was AWESOME and hands down better than his concert I went to in Cleveland this past November

This isnt Macklemore, but this song is pretty good too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YkcW8kkRFU

Someone did a video for the Reds using this song. I think it is really well done. What makes it neat is that Macklemore raps about Griffey who played for both the Mariners and the Reds, so it works really well for this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1LlG_H7XY0
    2015 Attendance 2-1 (4/6, 4/7,4/24)
    2014 Attendance 1-3 (3/31, 4/12, 8/14)
    2013 Attendance: 6-0 (4/3, 4/16, 4/17, 8/3, 8/21, 9/7)

6. Likes:

Boss-Hog (07-16-2013),coachpipe (07-16-2013),kbrake (07-16-2013),TOBTTReds (07-16-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by BungleBengals View Post
    Someone did a video for the Reds using this song. I think it is really well done. What makes it neat is that Macklemore raps about Griffey who played for both the Mariners and the Reds, so it works really well for this video.

I have listened to this song/watched the video a ton. Love putting it on before big games. Was listening earlier today as I'm getting excited for Friday. Can't believe there are less than 70 games to go in the 2013 season and to start the second half at home with a team in front of us, I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by BungleBengals View Post

Ah thanks. You know I recognized the song when I first listened to it today, but never connected it! I think Mo or Lance put this on their blog before Opening Day this year and I definitely remember it now.

Thanks

Bump just for the heck of it. Gets me pumped for baseball.

I'd take Dave over Marty 200 times out of 200.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I'd take Dave over Marty 200 times out of 200.
    I just like the song...and it gets me pumped for baseball. That's all.

Turn Off Ads?