Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: Walt optimistic on Bailey extension

Re: Walt optimistic on Bailey extension

Holy cow. Hopefully more of my dreams come true......helloooooooo Kate Upton! (Dont tell my wife!)

2. Likes:

Red Raindog (02-16-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

I think Price may have a good deal to do with Bailey staying, if that is the case.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

No half measures, Walter RedEye's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    I think Price may have a good deal to do with Bailey staying, if that is the case.
    Absolutely. Although I think Homer got along well with Dusty, too.

All in all, I think reports about Homer's dissatisfaction with Cincinnati have been overblown. I mean, sure, GABP is a tough place to pitch in many ways, but the Reds have a lot going for them if the money is right.

Whether or not he actually does sign long-term, I just think Bailey is the type of player who doesn't cow-tow to the media and sugar coat things. And when he's frank or biting in his comments (which I usually find pretty funny) those fans who prefer the hunky-dory Sean Casey's of the world get bent out of shape.
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Absolutely. Although I think Homer got along well with Dusty, too.

All in all, I think reports about Homer's dissatisfaction with Cincinnati have been overblown. I mean, sure, GABP is a tough place to pitch in many ways, but the Reds have a lot going for them if the money is right.

Whether or not he actually does sign long-term, I just think Bailey is the type of player who doesn't cow-tow to the media and sugar coat things. And when he's frank or biting in his comments (which I usually find pretty funny) those fans who prefer the hunky-dory Sean Casey's of the world get bent out of shape.
    Overblown? I'd say more like made up.

I know he grumbled about park on one or more occasions, but that's about all I ever saw documented.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Overblown? I'd say more like made up.
    Well, yes, that would be another way of putting it. At the very least, folks were connecting the dots freely on some pretty disparate sources of information about Homer. I remember various articles when he was younger about his aloofness. Add in some of his characteristic, clipped replies in a lot of interviews and a few (honest) comments about how GABP is not a pitchers park, and there you have it.
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Well, yes, that would be another way of putting it. At the very least, folks were connecting the dots freely on some pretty disparate sources of information about Homer. I remember various articles when he was younger about his aloofness. Add in some of his characteristic, clipped replies in a lot of interviews and a few (honest) comments about how GABP is not a pitchers park, and there you have it.
    Sadly, that's all it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Sadly, that's all it takes.
    Oh, indeed. Well, let's hope he actually does sign this extension, because if he doesn't the darn narrative will come right back.

Pimpin...literally!!! dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    You appear to be a terrible poster. Thanks for identifying yourself as such, I have a way to avoid the unpleasantness of reading you in the future. Yikes.
    If you don't like my post that is fine, but there are ways to go about stating that. The personal attack was way uncalled!!!

11. Likes:

RadfordVA (02-17-2014), Revering4Blue (02-17-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    At least they've been to a WS and advanced to four AL Championship Series and have been a post season factor over a six year+ run. 5/6 years with 90+ wins. And to accomplish all of this in the AL East and with complete lack of resources and gate attendance is simply mind boggling.

The Reds have two division titles and a 2-7 postseason record and a window that appears to be quickly closing after four+ years.
    All I'm trying to say is, all those move really haven't got them anywhere. People complain about the Reds not going anywhere in the playoffs, well the Rays have won anything either. The way the Rays do business is going to catch up with them eventually I think.

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    All I'm trying to say is, all those move really haven't got them anywhere. People complain about the Reds not going anywhere in the playoffs, well the Rays have won anything either. The way the Rays do business is going to catch up with them eventually I think.
    LMFAO

Yep, the Reds and Rays have had the same level of postseason success...

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    LMFAO

Yep, the Reds and Rays have had the same level of postseason success...
    Yes, the Rays have had better postseason success. But to guys like you it's World Series or bust, start firing everyone and trading everyone.

Turn Off Ads?