Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 2014 Plan.....Now....

Re: 2014 Plan.....Now....

Those stats are the minor league stats for Albert Pujols.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    Those stats are the minor league stats for Albert Pujols.
    I get where you're coming from, but its a little different. Pujols had 14 AAA at bats that year. BH played a full season with bad results at AAA.

Personally I think BH could surprise a lot of people this year, but you're making the wrong comparison

Quote Originally Posted by No pants Mcgee View Post
    I get where you're coming from, but its a little different. Pujols had 14 AAA at bats that year. BH played a full season with bad results at AAA.

Personally I think BH could surprise a lot of people this year, but you're making the wrong comparison
    But Pujols had some at bats in Single A+ and wasn't all that great.

Just give Hamilton a shot, he is going to surprise people.

His high A numbers weren't too shabby in my opinion.

I've been saying for a while now that BH has a chance to surpass expectations. Should be a huge defensive improvement. Then also if he can just work on the little things i.e. bunting he becomes a little more dangerous. Also people need to look at his splits last season. Last season he got off to a miserable start hitting .205 after the first month of the season. Take away the month of april and his stats start looking a bit more respectable. Granted most players you take away the worst month of the season and they have much better numbers, but I think a slow start is probably a fairly common occurrence when a player moves up through the minors.

I agree billie has the best chance to succeed of any CF on the reds roster right now. The Pujols comparison is just a bit off though.

The fact that doing well would surprise people is exactly why he shouldn't be handed a job.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Pujols hit incredibly well that summer in spring training, and in spite of that he wasn't going to make the 25-man roster. An injury to Bobby Bonilla gave him his shot, and he took advantage of that.

And he is not a first-ballot hall of famer yet.

You also fail to mention that all of his minor league stats are from one season (2000) in which he jumped from A-ball to AAA.

His AAA numbers are completely irrelevant considering he only played in 3 games (15 PA).

His overall minors numbers that year through 3 levels were .314/.378/.543 which was enough to merit a spring invite in 2001. Had Bonilla not been injured he most certainly would have started the season in AAA (but probably would have seen an early call up).

Quote Originally Posted by ac084c View Post
    Pujols hit incredibly well that summer in spring training, and in spite of that he wasn't going to make the 25-man roster. An injury to Bobby Bonilla gave him his shot, and he took advantage of that.

And he is not a first-ballot hall of famer yet.
    Ha! Not a first ballot? A career .321 Avg, a career, .410 OBP a career 1.009 OPS, oh and 492 HR 1498 RBI, not to mention his long list of awards...3 time NL MVP alone would get him in.

Ha! Not a first ballot? A career .321 Avg, a career, .410 OBP a career 1.009 OPS, oh and 492 HR 1498 RBI, not to mention his long list of awards...3 time NL MVP alone would get him in.
    I agree, his resume looks like he's a lock, but he's not in yet, and the way the voters are treating players in this era... you never know.

Plus he's got 8 years left on his ridiculous contract. If he plays it out (not likely), he won't even appear on the ballot until 2026.

I say give Hamilton a shot in center and work on the other holes.

12. Likes:

Old school 1983 (01-23-2014)

Turn Off Ads?