Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Players want to kick Pay Rod out of Player's Union

Players want to kick Pay Rod out of Player's Union

Didn't see a thread on the latest A-Rod shenanigans...

Is there was anyone left in baseball who doesn't completely despise A-Rod?

Not a single player took up for him on the conference call where players expressed a desire to kick him out of the union.

Unnamed player calls for A-Rod to be scared to come back and try to play after suing his own union...

What is going to happen a year from now when his suspension is completed?

Can't imagine the Yankees releasing him considering the money involved and no way another team would touch him at this point.

I'm sure all the legal minds in the Yankees employ have been investigating any and all potential ways to void his contract...

Textbook narcissistic sociopath.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Players want to kick Pay Rod out of Player's Union

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post

Can't imagine the Yankees releasing him considering the money involved and no way another team would touch him at this point.

I'm sure all the legal minds in the Yankees employ have been investigating any and all potential ways to void his contract...

They could release him as a sunk cost. He goes through waivers and doesn't get claimed. Then any other team could pick him up for the minimum salary. Perhaps someone like the Marlins who could pay him minimum salary and give them a decent bat and glove at 3rd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Didn't see a thread on the latest A-Rod shenanigans...

Is there was anyone left in baseball who doesn't completely despise A-Rod?

Not a single player took up for him on the conference call where players expressed a desire to kick him out of the union.

Unnamed player calls for A-Rod to be scared to come back and try to play after suing his own union...

While I understand the hatred for ARod, what is wrong with him suing an organization that he believes has harmed him? Should the players union be allowed to do whatever it wants because its the only game in town?
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

A-Rod is gonna start his own league next. Don't need no MLB.

6. Likes:

NCCardfan (01-22-2014)

There is a lot of argument from some fans that ARod is being shafted (Deadspin is almost ridiculous in their defense of ARod) but to me, the fact that the players won't come to his defense is extremely telling. This is a close knit union that basically fights about anything MLB tries so that the players aren't backing him tells me all I need to know.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

8. Likes:

NCCardfan (01-22-2014),Old school 1983 (01-22-2014),Wonderful Monds (01-22-2014)

A-Rod is signing with the Long Island Duckfaces.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    While I understand the hatred for ARod, what is wrong with him suing an organization that he believes has harmed him? Should the players union be allowed to do whatever it wants because its the only game in town?
    Nothing is wrong with it but when you do something like that, you have to expect the enmity of the other players.

As for the MLBPA harming ARod, I would say ARod harmed himself. Perhaps the MLBPA wasn't terribly zealous in defending him but he did have his own lawyers. It wasn't like he was some guy off the street that had a wet behind the ears public defender representing him.

I think we all realize he's pretty delusional in pretty much all matters. He probably figured he could sue his own union and the others in the union wouldn't get mad at him.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I think we all realize he's pretty delusional in pretty much all matters. He probably figured he could sue his own union and the others in the union wouldn't get mad at him.
    Yeah, could you imagine what would happen if a Teamster sued the Teamsters? He'd be Hoffa'd in a NY minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatlessp View Post
    Yeah, could you imagine what would happen if a Teamster sued the Teamsters? He'd be Hoffa'd in a NY minute.
    Absolutely! At least he would get to this years super bowl to be with Jimmy...
    Last edited by NCCardfan; 01-22-2014 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Edit due to stuck 'e' key.

ARod will never play MLB again. The Yankees will eat the rest of of his contract after his suspension expires. I would be shocked if anyone else takes him on after he has threatened sue everyone in MLB. He's a leper in MLB and he will be in the proverbial MLB leper colony for life now.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?