Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: And If Hamilton Isn't Ready.....

Re: And If Hamilton Isn't Ready.....

I think I'd bat Billy first and Votto second to start off the year. I'm curious to see the dynamic of Billy leading off a game...he gets on, the pitcher is probably gonna be in a hole. And if he gets on and steals second, let the pitcher walk Votto for all I care. 2 on, no outs.

I actually want to see how pitchers pitch to Billy, for fear of walking him. Will they go right after him with fastballs?

2. Likes:

joshua (02-08-2014),Old school 1983 (01-29-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by bob jones View Post
    so you think Ludwickis the answer , he is really atop pheenom already on the ebb and with an injured subscapularis and teres major muscle, why not use Mike Lum
    I don't know if Ludwick is the answer or not. I'd be perfectly happy with using Frazier or Rocco at cleanup.

I just thought it was funny that you used a game in which the team won as an example of how bad it would be if Votto walked five times.

I love the fact that votto walked I dont the like the fact that the attenuated, feeble Ludwick left 12 or 13 men on base

I love the fact that votto walked I dont the like the fact that the attenuated, feeble Ludwick left 12 or 13 men on base
    So you are giving the results of one game to prove your point? Ever hear the concept of "sample size?"
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Something to note.

In 2012 Drew Stubbs batted .213, and had an OBP of .277. He played 136 games and scored 74 runs. He was considered to be a 1.1 WAR player that year. Having watched as much BHam as I possibly can I just don't see him being that ineffective at the plate, he's going to be a better fielder, and he's a better base-runner.

I have a hard time imagining BHam not being at least a 3 WAR player this year.
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I think I'd bat Billy first and Votto second to start off the year. I'm curious to see the dynamic of Billy leading off a game...he gets on, the pitcher is probably gonna be in a hole. And if he gets on and steals second, let the pitcher walk Votto for all I care. 2 on, no outs.

I actually want to see how pitchers pitch to Billy, for fear of walking him. Will they go right after him with fastballs?
    This is why I wanted Choo and Votto batting 1st and 2nd last year. Think of how many games we could have started with 2 on, no outs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamz View Post
    Something to note.

In 2012 Drew Stubbs batted .213, and had an OBP of .277. He played 136 games and scored 74 runs. He was considered to be a 1.1 WAR player that year. Having watched as much BHam as I possibly can I just don't see him being that ineffective at the plate, he's going to be a better fielder, and he's a better base-runner.

I have a hard time imagining BHam not being at least a 3 WAR player this year.
    He'll be disruptive on the basepaths. I doubt he's a better defender for a while.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

sample size is all bill james has when he computes that a player like ludwick is on the steep downslope of a career and should not be batting behind votto

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

sample size is all bill james has when he computes that a player like ludwick is on the steep downslope of a career and should not be batting behind votto
    What does Bill James have to do with sample sizes?

he iterated all players of a certain age and graphed their performance over time, players of ludwicks age are not in the logarithmic growrh cycle, how much explanation is needed to see that putting faith in ludwick is like investing in Kodak

You pointed out a grand total of 1 game. 1/162 of a season.

And if Votto does get walked that many times, then Jay Bruce is gonna have quite a few RBI's to go along with his 30+ bombs.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

he iterated all players of a certain age and graphed their performance over time, players of ludwicks age are not in the logarithmic growrh cycle, how much explanation is needed to see that putting faith in ludwick is like investing in Kodak
    I think the wrong guy is in prison, looks like the Unabomber is posting on RedsZone.

I think Ludwick is the answer on the current roster. I've been higher on Ryan than most since he was signed, but I think he is going to have a very good year. I was thrilled when the Reds signed him last year, and still think he was something left.

yes you guys win with your collective superior "hope" for a decrepit outfielder and unabomber reference, you are right Ludwick is the savior

Did someone say Studwick?

Turn Off Ads?