Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: And If Hamilton Isn't Ready.....

Re: And If Hamilton Isn't Ready.....

Did someone say Studwick?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by bob jones View Post
    yes you guys win with your collective superior "hope" for a decrepit outfielder and unabomber reference, you are right Ludwick is the savior
    I'm just curious. What specifically should the Reds have done that would have pleased you? I'm disappointed but not resigned to giving up the season before spring training.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

yes you guys win with your collective superior "hope" for a decrepit outfielder and unabomber reference, you are right Ludwick is the savior
    Have you accepted Ryan Ludwick into your life?
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

5. Likes:

DanielPlainview (01-30-2014), RadfordVA (01-31-2014), Raisor (01-30-2014)

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Honestly curious: what makes you have such a flair for negativity and such an aversion to punctuation?
    Award Winning Baseball Player

7. Likes:

RadfordVA (01-31-2014), Wonderful Monds (01-31-2014)

Given Ludwick's age and injury history, the Reds are banking alot that he will regain the form he had in 2012. And Chris Heisey makes an excellent fourth or fifth outfielder but I don't know if he is everyday material. We all know about the status of Hamilton.

Frankly, I think Walt is taking a wait and see approach going into spring training. It wouldn't surprise me to see him make a trade but if the Reds window is now, then he has to consider trading Robert Stephenson to bring in that player that will put the Reds over the hump.

Are the Reds trying to win now or is the plan the next five years? That is the real question here.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

I think Ludwick was a great addition in 2012 but to depend on him for this season seems questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I think I'd bat Billy first and Votto second to start off the year. I'm curious to see the dynamic of Billy leading off a game...he gets on, the pitcher is probably gonna be in a hole. And if he gets on and steals second, let the pitcher walk Votto for all I care. 2 on, no outs.

I actually want to see how pitchers pitch to Billy, for fear of walking him. Will they go right after him with fastballs?
    Pitchers aren't going to alter their game plan out of fear of walking Hamilton.

I think Ludwick was a great addition in 2012 but to depend on him for this season seems questionable.
    Do advocate releasing him?
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

there are no choices but I would not bat him behind votto

That I definitely understand. His health does pose an issue. If he has returned to full health, he may actually be a better option than most that the Reds coukd have acquired without spending an arm and a leg. If he's not, then that leaves a hole. It's a bit of a risk, but based in what you'd have to spend talent or money wise, I think Ludwick is worth a shot. Maybe out Bruce behind Votto to start the year and see how Ludwick does. If he does well then go from there. If not, I think he'd be better than left field was last year so you could play it out and see if anyone steps up in the minors to take his place or to make a trade easier to make. This season is a bit of a calculated risk as far as personnel goes. If guys like Ervin, Winker, and Yorman step up in the minors the Reds could a large influx of cheap young talent in the system and money could be spent in extending pitchers and on players that require less risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Do advocate releasing him?
    I sure do wish he were in a platoon for this year. A lefty with some pop to compliment Ludwick would have made me much happier with the make-up of this team. Extra benefit would have been to put whichever of the platoon that isn't starting on the bench and thereby would have given the bench some much needed pop.

15. Likes:

Marc D (01-31-2014)

In fact, time machine us John Lowenstein to pair with Ludwick, and lets call it a day.

Or maybe the 1970 version of Bernie Carbo. He could also give haircuts in the clubhouse.
    Talent is God Given: be humble.
    Fame is man given: be thankful.
    Conceit is self given: be careful.

John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN INDY View Post
    Or maybe the 1970 version of Bernie Carbo. He could also give haircuts in the clubhouse.
    Even better.

or wally post

Turn Off Ads?