Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Garza to sign with Brewers for 4/52

Garza to sign with Brewers for 4/52

Per Ken Rosenthal.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/0...medium=twitter

I think I'd rather have Garza than Tanaka at those prices.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

2. Likes:

wlf WV (01-23-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Garza to sign with Brewers for 4/52

Garza Lohse Gallardo Estrada is certainly not a bad top 4. Tell me again about how we should be ignoring the Brewers?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

5. Likes:

M2 (01-23-2014),membengal (01-23-2014),mth123 (01-24-2014)

Well that came out of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Garza Lohse Gallardo Estrada is certainly not a bad top 4. Tell me again about how we should be ignoring the Brewers?
    Because they had three of those guys last year and it didn't do them any good? I don't know that Milwaukee should be 'ignored' but they have been underachievers for the past two seasons and there's no real reason to give them the benefit of the doubt for 2014 until they show something.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    We shouldn't be. I like them better than the Pirates.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

8. Likes:

Benihana (01-23-2014)

Totally wrecks my AL only fantasy league pitching staff, has he no compassion!

Seriously, don't know how much he has left as a dominant guy he was but he remains a solid pitcher.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

That's really a very reasonable signing for the price. A good move for the Brewers.

I think his arm is too balky. I think 4 years will be too long.

Even with that addition, the rotation still smells of mediocrity and the bullpen is shaky. I would be lukewarm at best on the Brewers.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Even with that addition, the rotation still smells of mediocrity and the bullpen is shaky. I would be lukewarm at best on the Brewers.
    I wonder if Brewer fans are saying that the Reds' rotation is a mirage, that it's got an ace with recurring injuries, a kid with back problems, and another ace who just had surgery.

The Cubs haven't done much, but otherwise I take all the other teams in the division quite seriously. Wish Garza had gone to a different division.

The Brewers seem like a team to me where they aren't as good as their individual players are. Who wouldn't want an up the middle defense of Lucroy, Segura, and Gomez? You add Braun into the order and a decent starting staff and they should be better than what they are.

15. Likes:

Tom Servo (01-23-2014)

Those four don't exactly put fear into my heart. Pretty good? Yes. Dominant? No, not at all. If they all stay healthy from start to finish the Brewers may stay in the race. But I really wouldn't count on that at all.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Stat geek...and proud

https://twitter.com/jazayerli/status/426420714430685184

Matt Garza has had an ERA in the 3s for 7 straight years. He's getting less than one-third the guaranteed money that Tanaka got. Absurd.

How does this affect the Bailey/Latos extensions or the Arroyo negotiations -- if at all?
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Garza has been considered "difficult" for years now, which is probably why no true contender wanted to sign him long term, which drives his price down big time.

I still think that the key to the Brewers success lies mostly in how Braun comes back. That's a huge question mark in terms of production and clubhouse effect.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

20. Likes:

Drugs Delaney (01-24-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    How does this affect the Bailey/Latos extensions or the Arroyo negotiations -- if at all?
    What Arroyo negotiations?

Turn Off Ads?