Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Redszone Dynasty League 2014 -- Season 6

Re: Redszone Dynasty League 2014 -- Season 6

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    Thanks. I didn't know that. I have heard of leagues that had very big rosters but I guess they play on some other platform.
    I just double checked. I tried to create a custom league to see the options and the max roster size that I could have was 30 players including dl & na spots. I'm guessing that we can have inactive players not count against the max in our league since our settings have been in effect for a few years now.

Obviously, there are other options besides yahoo but the league wanted to stay with yahoo the last time that was discussed a few years back. Dunno about now though.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    The draft is officially over. All teams are now able to add free agents at your leisure. I hope everybody got some players they are happy with and improved their teams.

Minor draft rule changes to take effect next year:

1. The draft timer will be 8 hours instead of 10 hours.
    2. If your draft turn arises when you already have an unused Skipped or Passed pick from a previous round your turn will automatically be Passed to keep the draft moving. Any Skipped or Passed picks can be used at any time.
    It really wasn't an issue at all to me, but I couldn't help but wonder...once I "passed" on all my picks, if circumstances changed after I did, may I jump back in and grab a guy or two. I did not want to do such a thing this year but was wondering if that was an acceptable action.

yes. you can take a passed pick any time. let say you passed after round 5 & suddenly halfway through round 7 a closer goes down in spring training. you swoop in & grab that teams 8th inning guy. or you do some research and suddenly find a prospect you must own. then go ahead and take your passed pick.

I dunno, I kinda like the "roster crunch"--reminds me of real life baseball...

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    It really wasn't an issue at all to me, but I couldn't help but wonder...once I "passed" on all my picks, if circumstances changed after I did, may I jump back in and grab a guy or two. I did not want to do such a thing this year but was wondering if that was an acceptable action.
    Yeah.. I did that last year a couple of times when I was working crazy hours and couldn't get to a computer and they hadn't upgraded the cell tower by my work yet so doing it via phone was nigh impossible.

I wanted to throw something out there for discussion. At the beginning of our season people had minor league players who lost their "NA" status in the offseason. So a couple of teams had to drop players because of this. On 9/30/13 they had 30 active & 2 NA but on 2/1/14 they had 32 players & no NA. The same thing happened with "DL" players. Even though a guy may have had Tommy John surgery last June he was not on the DL to start the season. So teams got caught in the roster crunch and had to drop players. This is all due to technical issues/rules of MLB. Would it be better for us to simply have a bigger roster with no NA spots & no DL. Instead of 30 active & 5 NA & 4 DL just have a 39 man roster? It is certainly simpler & would avoid the annoying issues that are going to come up every spring. Does anyone have any thoughts about this?
    One way to do that is to allow for 39 before we draft and during the draft. If we know a player will be n/a or on the dl then we would not have to drop those players or the commish can add back to the roster.

yes. you can take a passed pick any time. let say you passed after round 5 & suddenly halfway through round 7 a closer goes down in spring training. you swoop in & grab that teams 8th inning guy. or you do some research and suddenly find a prospect you must own. then go ahead and take your passed pick.
    This is correct. If you pass a pick you do not lose it, you can come back later and make the pick any time you like. Passing a pick is a polite way of keeping the draft moving instead of making everyone wait 10 hours for your timer to elapse.
    Last edited by AtomicDumpling; 04-03-2014 at 01:36 PM.

I wanted to throw something out there for discussion. At the beginning of our season people had minor league players who lost their "NA" status in the offseason. So a couple of teams had to drop players because of this. On 9/30/13 they had 30 active & 2 NA but on 2/1/14 they had 32 players & no NA. The same thing happened with "DL" players. Even though a guy may have had Tommy John surgery last June he was not on the DL to start the season. So teams got caught in the roster crunch and had to drop players. This is all due to technical issues/rules of MLB. Would it be better for us to simply have a bigger roster with no NA spots & no DL. Instead of 30 active & 5 NA & 4 DL just have a 39 man roster? It is certainly simpler & would avoid the annoying issues that are going to come up every spring. Does anyone have any thoughts about this?
    I agree that the issues you mentioned create a problematic situation. I am not sure why Yahoo took away NA status over the winter for some minor leaguers who had never played in the majors, but it did cause some roster issues in our league. Unfortunately there was nothing I could do about that as Commissioner. We are forced to work within the constraints of the Yahoo system.

The maximum possible roster size in Yahoo leagues is 30 players, plus up to 5 NA slots, plus up to 5 DL slots (we use 4). Every year I send them a request to enable the option of larger roster sizes.

In prior years we had discussions along these lines and made tentative plans to increase the roster size and minor league roster size whenever the option is given to us.

Yahoo makes improvements every year so hopefully some of these issues will get resolved in coming years.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    I agree that the issues you mentioned create a problematic situation. I am not sure why Yahoo took away NA status over the winter for some minor leaguers who had never played in the majors, but it did cause some roster issues in our league. Unfortunately there was nothing I could do about that as Commissioner. We are forced to work within the constraints of the Yahoo system.

The maximum possible roster size in Yahoo leagues is 30 players, plus up to 5 NA slots, plus up to 5 DL slots (we use 4). Every year I send them a request to enable the option of larger roster sizes.

In prior years we had discussions along these lines and made tentative plans to increase the roster size and minor league roster size whenever the option is given to us.

Yahoo makes improvements every year so hopefully some of these issues will get resolved in coming years.
    Thanks

So I have Allen Craig at 1B. But he plays OF this year.

Does Yahoo adjust positions often? I certainly don't think I'm being dishonorable by using him there, but do I need to plan ahead or will it last all year?

If it is dishonorable let me know.

Does Yahoo adjust positions often? I certainly don't think I'm being dishonorable by using him there, but do I need to plan ahead or will it last all year?

The only change Yahoo makes to a players position eligibility during the year is to add a new position if he has 5 starts or 10 games played at the new position. Yahoo won't take away a position during a season. So, Craig will be eligible at both 1B and OF all year. Any player will maintain eligibility at a position in the following year as long as he had 5 starts or 10 games played at the position in the previous year.

13. Likes:

kaldaniels (04-06-2014)

It is not dishonorable in the slightest. A player can be used anywhere he has eligibility.

As Dan mentioned, Craig will gain OF eligibility as soon as he starts 5 games in the outfield, or if he plays outfield in 10 games. Players with multi-position eligibility have extra value due to the roster flexibility they impart to their fantasy owners, especially if they qualify at scarce positions like catcher or shortstop.

In our dynasty league I was trying to cut Venerable for Charlie Blackmon. I hit the wrong button by mistake and cut Mat Wieters. Is there anyway to put wieters back on my roster and cut Venerable.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862 View Post
    In our dynasty league I was trying to cut Venerable for Charlie Blackmon. I hit the wrong button by mistake and cut Mat Wieters. Is there anyway to put wieters back on my roster and cut Venerable.
    Yes I will fix it for you. The site won't let me do it until tomorrow because Venable was in your lineup today.

Thanks Atomic Dumpling.

Turn Off Ads?