Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cueto or Homer or Latos

Cueto or Homer or Latos

In the next year or two years we will have to make a choice on resigning these pitchers or not. Now in a perfect world one would like to say resign all 3, but can we afford it?

Rank these pitchers in order 1-3 who you would rather keep if it came down to having to trade or not resign one or two of them.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cueto or Homer or Latos

1. Latos
    2. Bailey
    3. Cueto
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    1. Latos
    2. Bailey
    3. Cueto

Absolutely, I want Latos and Bailey, I would send Cueto and someone and try to get Stanton.
    Bowled 9 300 games, semi-retired!

Nothing like bowling a 300 game

5. Likes:

BEETTLEBUG (01-26-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    1. Latos
    2. Bailey
    3. Cueto
    ditto

Unless he really takes a big discount or regresses in the next two years I cant see the Reds taking a risk on Cueto. As far as Bailey goes you just have to hope that he isn't dead set on testing the market. If he doesn't sign before the season starts I think hes as good as gone.

7. Likes:

BEETTLEBUG (01-26-2014)

latos is my choice.. for any long term deal. Bailey will want to go to Texas.. bank it! he wont be here in 2015. I would be shocked if he stayed honestly..

Quote Originally Posted by Ohioballplayer View Post
    Absolutely, I want Latos and Bailey, I would send Cueto and someone and try to get Stanton.
    You can't be serious. One, the Marlins aren't taking an injury risk like Cueto for a player like Mike Stanton (I know that isn't his first name anymore). Second, they are going to want high end, cost controlled players back. Really the only guy the Marlins would want is BH and he alone wouldn't do it. The Reds aren't the type of team that should be making a play for Stanton. Not to mention the cost of keeping him.
    They don't think it be like it is but it do.

Oscar Gamble

Latos, Cueto, then Bailey. Bailey only has a year left then we lose rights to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotly View Post
    Latos, Cueto, then Bailey. Bailey only has a year left then we lose rights to him.
    Agree, and add the fact that Homer doesn't LIKE playing in Cincinnati.

Would like to keep Cueto and Latos for sure. Hopefully Cueto has his health issues cured and will be able to go the whole year (including the post season this time)
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

latos => for me a no brainer, sign him

the next to is dangerous... you want to wait with cueto to see if he can stay healty or not (if he can and he plays great it would cost more to extend him of course)

if bailey would sign a long term deal try it, but donīt wait to long because if he donīt want to extend the way the reds would like they have to trade him

they have to gamble on both a little bit! sign them to early and it could be a mistake (injuries from cueto) or could save some money (if they play like aces and are healthy)

or wait longer and save perhaps money (injured cueto) and lose bailey to FA...

hope the front office does the right thing

1) Latos
    2) Cueto
    3) Bailey

Latos is the youngest, and seemingly still improving. Johnny is dominant when he's healthy. If he can pitch all year, he'd be my second choice. Obviously, this is a good problem to have. We'll be able to sign at least one of these guys and probably two. Supplementing them with Cingrani and Stephenson could be huge (not to mention the solid Mike Leake for the next couple years, most likely).

Latos, then Cueto, then Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfansince72 View Post
    latos is my choice.. for any long term deal. Bailey will want to go to Texas.. bank it! he wont be here in 2015. I would be shocked if he stayed honestly..
    I think the Astros have already built a mansion for Homer!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Honcho View Post
    You can't be serious. One, the Marlins aren't taking an injury risk like Cueto for a player like Mike Stanton (I know that isn't his first name anymore). Second, they are going to want high end, cost controlled players back. Really the only guy the Marlins would want is BH and he alone wouldn't do it. The Reds aren't the type of team that should be making a play for Stanton. Not to mention the cost of keeping him.
    I am dead serious, with the reality of knowing it will never happen, I know Bailey doesn't want to be here, but if we don't trade him for something we are going to lose him and get squat in return, so we will have to take on Cueto (and injuries) and Latos ( our true #1) and keep BP, again yes I am serious with knowing it will never happen
    Bowled 9 300 games, semi-retired!

Nothing like bowling a 300 game

Bailey
    Latos
    Cueto
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game.

18. Likes:

Old school 1983 (02-01-2014)

Latos
    Cueto
    Bailey

Turn Off Ads?