Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you excited for college football yet?

Are you excited for college football yet?

Not to take anything away from our bumbling Reds, who just can't seem to get over the hump, but I haven't been this excited for college football in a while.

So many changes over the this offseason. College Football Playoffs will be awesome, Appalachian State and ODU becoming FBS teams (I have always enjoyed rooting for the little guys in college sports, NMSU is my favorite team behind tOSU), the B1G adding Rutgers and Maryland (which is not earth shattering but still intriguing), the SEC has finally been dethroned (after an amazing run, glad it's over), and I am excited to see my Buckeyes in action.

So what are you mosr excited about this season? Who is your team? How do you think they will do?

As for Ohio State, I think they will have the best D Line in the country. I am excited to see some of their playmakers on offense, and really stoked to see Raekwon McMillon make his debut.

As for their final record, I am optimistic (like always) that they will run the table and win the NC, but my more rational side thinks they will trip up against either UC or Michigan State.

Just getting excited for football. The college football preview magazines are out and that's when I really get pumped for college football.
    There are no hunting accidents...It's called kharma.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Are you excited for college football yet?

The SEC keeps taking all of Oregon's QB recruits (Auburn and Alabama, anyway).
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Louisville in the ACC. Can't wait.

5. Likes:

KYRedsFan (07-06-2014)

When you are a Kentucky fan you are excited because it means basketball is just around the corner.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

7. Likes:

Hoosier Red (06-24-2014)

I always follow Buckeye news pretty close. In general I don't get too amped up for the season for about another month. I am looking forward to the playoff, but I don't love the overall landscape of college football right now. Maybe after a few years all the reallignment stuff will have settled, but it all feels a bit watered down at the moment.

As a Marshall fan I am really excited. The combination of the Herd's on field talent, easy schedule and the new playoff system has all the makings of a fun fall in Huntington. Undefeated or bust!

Meh, for the first time in awhile I am not very excited.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    As a Marshall fan I am really excited. The combination of the Herd's on field talent, easy schedule and the new playoff system has all the makings of a fun fall in Huntington. Undefeated or bust!
    I really wish the Friends of Joe Bowl hadn't been discontinued. This is going to be the best team at Marshall I can ever remember, and that's saying a lot given the Pennington and Leftwich years.

Combine that with a do or die season for Dana Holgorsen in Morgantown and I really believe Marshall has the best football team in the state this season.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

12. Likes:

reds1869 (06-29-2014)

I've been watching reruns of the BCS Bowls on ESPNU. I think that means, "yes."
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I really wish the Friends of Joe Bowl hadn't been discontinued. This is going to be the best team at Marshall I can ever remember, and that's saying a lot given the Pennington and Leftwich years.

Combine that with a do or die season for Dana Holgorsen in Morgantown and I really believe Marshall has the best football team in the state this season.
    Yeah, I notice that every year that Marshall could've won just happens to be a year the schools don't play.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

15. Likes:

reds1869 (06-29-2014)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Looks at baseball schedule: Reds still playing.

No. Not excited yet.

However I will be once things get started. I'm interested to see what Gunner Kiel can do for Cincinnati.

17. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (06-30-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Yeah, I notice that every year that Marshall could've won just happens to be a year the schools don't play.
    My Mountaineer friends don't like it when I bring that up.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Usually, it's about July 1 for me. They keep pushing up those preview mags earlier and earlier, though, every year. I've already been sucked into buying three of them.

This is an exciting year coming up because they'll finally be crowning a legit champion. I'd still prefer to see a 16-team field, but even a 4-team playoff is progress.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Sad, but it's the truth. The best Marshall teams were towards the end of the Nehlen era when they didn't play. Even when WVU had Bill Stewart Marshall was still down from the Mark Snyder disaster.

I have some friends who graduated from Marshall who believe Rakeem Cato could be a contender for the Heisman this year. Doubt it with Marshall playing in a weak conference but they will be better than WVU this season and I wouldn't be shocked if Holliday is their first choice next season to replace Holgorsen.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Hmmm. . . I think my comment has been widely misunderstood.

Let's just say that I have heard 'we could've beat them this year, if only we played 'em' a bit too much over the years when you consider that Marshall has never managed to beat WVU when they actually played, despite Stewart's best efforts.

And I have a degree from Marshall, fwiw.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Turn Off Ads?