Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Bronson Arroyo signed with Arizona Diamondbacks.

For a Level Playing Field

Re: Bronson Arroyo signed with Arizona Diamondbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    You are like the Dale Earnhardt of intimidation.
    I am thinking...

2. Turn Off Ads?

You are like the Dale Earnhardt of intimidation.
    I know. Raisor likens me to a billion suns exploding. I can only imagine the fear that I strike in the hearts of mortals.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

4. Likes:

pahster (03-05-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    I am thinking...

"This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

6. Likes:

dubc47834 (03-07-2014)

Have any of you ever known a person who had a Mommy that never told them they were wrong? They usually have trouble interacting with other humans.

8. Likes:

jimbo (03-05-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    The "never missed a start" thing had to stop some time, but I thought people were just including regular and post-season starts, not spring training.

Spring Training doesn't count. Fay is crazy.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Have any of you ever known a person who had a Mommy that never told them they were wrong? They usually have trouble interacting with other humans.
    You're like the Edwin C Moses of jumping to conclusions. (I am very proud of this one)

11. Likes:

gilpdawg (03-06-2014)

You're like the Edwin C Moses of jumping to conclusions. (I am very proud of this one)
    That is good... especially since I live a few miles from Edwin Moses Blvd.

I like to state the obvious.

If we could somehow bring the topic back towards something resembling baseball, that'd be great... Thanks.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

14. Likes:

Big Klu (03-05-2014),HeatherC1212 (03-06-2014),jojo (03-05-2014),Plus Plus (03-05-2014),RedFanAlways1966 (03-05-2014),RedlegJake (03-06-2014),Tom Servo (03-05-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    You are like the Tiger Woods of being too sensitive?
    Haha, it was a quote from True Detective that I found pretty funny. Guess it missed the mark!

16. Likes:

bigredmechanism (03-06-2014)

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...out-7-10-days/

Yikes, I hope he's okay but the Reds probably played this one correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I know. Raisor likens me to a billion suns exploding. I can only imagine the fear that I strike in the hearts of mortals.
    Are you and Raisor the same person?

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN INDY View Post
    Are you and Raisor the same person?
    A connection between the two has crossed my mind. Ties to Seattle, never having opposing views, and a really weird admiration for each other. Strikes me as fishy at times. Maybe they are pals or related or maybe it's Raisor as Jekyll and JoJo as Hyde?

Quote Originally Posted by Trajinous View Post
    http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...out-7-10-days/

Yikes, I hope he's okay but the Reds probably played this one correctly.
    Arizona won't mess around and let him start if he's not ready, consecutive streak be damned. I'm not saying the Reds 2011 would have been much better with a gimpy Arroyo on the DL for 60 days or more, but as much as Dusty/whoever the decision maker was wanted to "do right" by the veteran, it was a disservice to the team to let him start the year in the rotation.
    Seeing as how Arizona has legit playoff aspirations and Arroyo has made nary a start for them, they should have no reason to even consider not starting him on the DL if he's anything less than 100%.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

21. Likes:

Old school 1983 (03-06-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    Arizona won't mess around and let him start if he's not ready, consecutive streak be damned. I'm not saying the Reds 2011 would have been much better with a gimpy Arroyo on the DL for 60 days or more, but as much as Dusty/whoever the decision maker was wanted to "do right" by the veteran, it was a disservice to the team to let him start the year in the rotation.
    Seeing as how Arizona has legit playoff aspirations and Arroyo has made nary a start for them, they should have no reason to even consider not starting him on the DL if he's anything less than 100%.
    Agree. I was always of the opinion that Arroyo and the Reds would both have been better off and gotten him healthy and let him make less starts but at full health in 2011.

The last page and a half of this thread is why I'll be glad when the real games start. Then I can read all this snark in a game thread every day....
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

Turn Off Ads?