Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Bronson Arroyo signed with Arizona Diamondbacks.

Re: Bronson Arroyo signed with Arizona Diamondbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    Arizona won't mess around and let him start if he's not ready, consecutive streak be damned. I'm not saying the Reds 2011 would have been much better with a gimpy Arroyo on the DL for 60 days or more, but as much as Dusty/whoever the decision maker was wanted to "do right" by the veteran, it was a disservice to the team to let him start the year in the rotation.
    Seeing as how Arizona has legit playoff aspirations and Arroyo has made nary a start for them, they should have no reason to even consider not starting him on the DL if he's anything less than 100%.
    Agree. I was always of the opinion that Arroyo and the Reds would both have been better off and gotten him healthy and let him make less starts but at full health in 2011.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The last page and a half of this thread is why I'll be glad when the real games start. Then I can read all this snark in a game thread every day....
    No - I am not from State Farm!

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...iving-me-nuts/

It’s driving me nuts today to tell you the truth. Everybody around here is like no hurry, no hurry, but I’ve got a time clock in my head, and to me, it’s like a time bomb going off if I don’t get this thing right.
    The fact that Arroyo has never missed a start is great and everything, but it's being talked about like not missing a start is Arroyo's goal or way of measuring his value, rather than accepting that he might miss a start or two so he can stay healthy for the rest of the season.

SSS Alert, but Arroyo has a 9.50 ERA, 8 K/7 BB, and 14.5 H/9 in 4 starts with the Diamondbacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    SSS Alert, but Arroyo has a 9.50 ERA, 8 K/7 BB, and 14.5 H/9 in 4 starts with the Diamondbacks.
    Simon and Cingrani are looking better by the day.

I legitimately feel bad for him. He's in a toxic environment and he's pitching poorly. He deserves to go out better than that. Always was, and always will be, one of my favorite Reds. Here's hoping they at least ship him out at the deadline and he starts pitching better.

8. Likes:

Always Red (04-23-2014), alwaysawarrior (04-24-2014), Crumbley (04-24-2014), cumberlandreds (04-24-2014), jimbo (04-24-2014), malcontent (04-24-2014), Roy Tucker (04-23-2014), SirFelixCat (04-23-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    I legitimately feel bad for him. He's in a toxic environment and he's pitching poorly. He deserves to go out better than that. Always was, and always will be, one of my favorite Reds. Here's hoping they at least ship him out at the deadline and he starts pitching better.
    it is still early.. obviously a bad start for him but he can recover from it and still be effective (hope he doesnŽt land in pittsburg one day, heŽll be a cy pitcher )
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Why is it a toxic environment?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Why is it a toxic environment?
    The fanbase is turning on the team, some players are indicating there's a lack of effort, Gibson and Towers seem to be on shaky ground, the owner of the team is stating publicly there's not as much emphasis on statistical analysis as he would like... a whole bunch of things going on out there in Phoenix.

Too bad for Bronson.
    There are no hunting accidents...It's called kharma.

The fanbase is turning on the team, some players are indicating there's a lack of effort, Gibson and Towers seem to be on shaky ground, the owner of the team is stating publicly there's not as much emphasis on statistical analysis as he would like... a whole bunch of things going on out there in Phoenix.
    I read a piece in the AZ paper, Eric Chavez WS flummoxed and said the team was essentially drowning

It's April. Too early for that kind of stuff. What are they thinking out there?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    It's April. Too early for that kind of stuff. What are they thinking out there?
    Last week Redszone wanted to fire Walt.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

16. Likes:

REDREAD (04-24-2014)

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

A Reds Hall of Famer deserves a better ending than this.

I'm glad the Reds didn't spend the $ on him, but I hope he rights the ship soon.

18. Likes:

Bob Borkowski (04-25-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I read a piece in the AZ paper, Eric Chavez WS flummoxed and said the team was essentially drowning
    Then they need to get out of that pool in RF.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

20. Likes:

Big Klu (04-24-2014), cumberlandreds (04-24-2014), CySeymour (04-24-2014), KittyDuran (04-24-2014), Wonderful Monds (04-24-2014), Z-Fly (04-24-2014)

Turn Off Ads?