Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Bronson Arroyo signed with Arizona Diamondbacks.

Re: Bronson Arroyo signed with Arizona Diamondbacks.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...iving-me-nuts/

It’s driving me nuts today to tell you the truth. Everybody around here is like no hurry, no hurry, but I’ve got a time clock in my head, and to me, it’s like a time bomb going off if I don’t get this thing right.
    The fact that Arroyo has never missed a start is great and everything, but it's being talked about like not missing a start is Arroyo's goal or way of measuring his value, rather than accepting that he might miss a start or two so he can stay healthy for the rest of the season.

2. Turn Off Ads?

SSS Alert, but Arroyo has a 9.50 ERA, 8 K/7 BB, and 14.5 H/9 in 4 starts with the Diamondbacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm Chortleton View Post
    The old Votto is back when he starts cussing himself out between pitches.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    SSS Alert, but Arroyo has a 9.50 ERA, 8 K/7 BB, and 14.5 H/9 in 4 starts with the Diamondbacks.
    Simon and Cingrani are looking better by the day.

I legitimately feel bad for him. He's in a toxic environment and he's pitching poorly. He deserves to go out better than that. Always was, and always will be, one of my favorite Reds. Here's hoping they at least ship him out at the deadline and he starts pitching better.

6. Likes:

Always Red (04-23-2014),alwaysawarrior (04-24-2014),Crumbley (04-24-2014),cumberlandreds (04-24-2014),jimbo (04-24-2014),malcontent (04-23-2014),Roy Tucker (04-23-2014),SirFelixCat (04-23-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    I legitimately feel bad for him. He's in a toxic environment and he's pitching poorly. He deserves to go out better than that. Always was, and always will be, one of my favorite Reds. Here's hoping they at least ship him out at the deadline and he starts pitching better.
    it is still early.. obviously a bad start for him but he can recover from it and still be effective (hope he doesnŽt land in pittsburg one day, heŽll be a cy pitcher )
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Why is it a toxic environment?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Why is it a toxic environment?
    The fanbase is turning on the team, some players are indicating there's a lack of effort, Gibson and Towers seem to be on shaky ground, the owner of the team is stating publicly there's not as much emphasis on statistical analysis as he would like... a whole bunch of things going on out there in Phoenix.

Too bad for Bronson.
    There are no hunting accidents...It's called kharma.

The fanbase is turning on the team, some players are indicating there's a lack of effort, Gibson and Towers seem to be on shaky ground, the owner of the team is stating publicly there's not as much emphasis on statistical analysis as he would like... a whole bunch of things going on out there in Phoenix.
    I read a piece in the AZ paper, Eric Chavez WS flummoxed and said the team was essentially drowning

It's April. Too early for that kind of stuff. What are they thinking out there?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    It's April. Too early for that kind of stuff. What are they thinking out there?
    Last week Redszone wanted to fire Walt.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

14. Likes:

REDREAD (04-24-2014)

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

A Reds Hall of Famer deserves a better ending than this.

I'm glad the Reds didn't spend the $ on him, but I hope he rights the ship soon.

16. Likes:

Bob Borkowski (04-24-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I read a piece in the AZ paper, Eric Chavez WS flummoxed and said the team was essentially drowning
    Then they need to get out of that pool in RF.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

18. Likes:

Big Klu (04-24-2014),cumberlandreds (04-24-2014),CySeymour (04-24-2014),KittyDuran (04-24-2014),Wonderful Monds (04-24-2014),Z-Fly (04-24-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Last week Redszone wanted to fire Walt.
    Sure, but I don't think the Reds owner is hanging out on Redszone talking bad about the front office or that the players seem to be throwing other players under the bus publicly. Huge difference between fans being mad and saying crazy things and members of the team and the owner doing so. In April.

http://marksheldon.mlblogs.com/2014/...with-arroyo-2/

I won’t be able to get all of what Arroyo said into my story for Reds.com/MLB.com. That will also feature quotes from Bryan Price and Leake. For now, here is some expanded quotes from Arroyo:

“It’s a bizarre situation because this is the first time I will pitch against an entire team that almost every guy came up as a rookie when I was already an established Major League player. I dressed these guys in diapers. It’s weird, it’s like pitching against your best friend that’s lived next door to you your whole life for the first time – not just Leake, but everybody.
    These guys know my game as good as anybody. Bryan Price, I’ve probably been as intimate with him as anybody I’ve ever been with in the game about my pitching style and my selection and why I do things. He’s heard me talk about my idea of how to beat hitters and my theory on it for a very long time. They have as much knowledge as I have against them. It’s going to be a very strange chess match because it’s playing against somebody that you have to try and make two moves to see if you can just beat them at one because they’re already a step ahead.

21. Likes:

Always Red (05-29-2014),Gapper (05-29-2014),KittyDuran (05-29-2014),Number_Fourteen (05-30-2014),RedFanAlways1966 (05-29-2014),Tom Servo (05-29-2014)

Turn Off Ads?