Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl - Seahawks Broncos

Re: Super Bowl - Seahawks Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Do re mi. Money, that what I want. 3 points baby.

I think its a great analogy. Great regular season stats, disappear on the big stage. Peyton = Arod.

What a humungous overlay.
    I do recall that World Series where the other team's catcher kept hitting ARod while he was swinging.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm no big Peyton Manning lover (I'm a Tom Brady guy, sorry) but really, questions about his legacy as an elite quarterback? In 2014?
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

4. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-03-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I'm no big Peyton Manning lover (I'm a Tom Brady guy, sorry) but really, questions about his legacy as an elite quarterback? In 2014?
    Nobody's questioning "his legacy as an elite quarterback" (whatever that means) just like nobody's questioning A Rod's legacy as an elite baseball player. Let's just say some folks can elevate their game when they are in the spot light ( think Montana, Messier, Brett) and some can't.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Was that Paul Heyman ?

Nobody's questioning "his legacy as an elite quarterback" (whatever that means) just like nobody's questioning A Rod's legacy as an elite baseball player. Let's just say some folks can elevate their game when they are in the spot light ( think Montana, Messier, Brett) and some can't.
    I suppose if Joe Montana had been the Broncos QB last night he would have "consumed the Seahawks with fireballs from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his arse."
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

9. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (02-03-2014),Kingspoint (02-03-2014),RedFanAlways1966 (02-03-2014),Revering4Blue (02-03-2014),thatcoolguy_22 (02-03-2014)

Peyton did not have the worst performance by any QB on the field last night. That "honor" belongs to Joe Namath, who messed up the coin flip.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    Peyton did not have the worst performance by any QB on the field last night. That "honor" belongs to Joe Namath, who messed up the coin flip.
    Yea but Namath is abut 70 years old. I think we can give him a pass.

It looks like Manning's legacy is going to be a great regular season QB who couldn't always or mostly get it done in the playoffs. His post season record is now 11-12. If he can't improve upon that then that will be his legacy and deservedly so. True greatness is marked by how well you do in the post season. For me two of the best are Joe Montana and Tom Brady. I would certainly rank those two over Manning and probably put Bradshaw and maybe Staubach over Manning also.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Yea but Namath is abut 70 years old. I think we can give him a pass.

It looks like Manning's legacy is going to be a great regular season QB who couldn't always or mostly get it done in the playoffs. His post season record is now 11-12. If he can't improve upon that then that will be his legacy and deservedly so. True greatness is marked by how well you do in the post season. For me two of the best are Joe Montana and Tom Brady. I would certainly rank those two over Manning and probably put Bradshaw and maybe Staubach over Manning also.
    I think its quite the coincidence that Brady hasnt won a SB since he hasnt had an elite defense, which has been close to 10 years ago. And FWIW Manning has a higher QBR than Brady in the postseason. Brady led his team to TWO offensive TDs in his first SB winning year. I am pretty sure there are several QBs who would be able to be that "clutch"

I am not trying to hate on Brady, he is a great QB, but he has had a longer SB drought now than Manning had to start his career. And Manning was blasted for it
    Last edited by indyscott; 02-03-2014 at 08:55 AM.

14. Likes:

dubc47834 (02-03-2014),Revering4Blue (02-03-2014)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

No i'm talking about that fact that if peyton had finally performed well in a big game, a lot of folks, myself included, would have had to shut up about him. But he didn't, as usual, and so I will be collecting, with both hands.
    I love how 1 game makes a legacy...LOL! How you woulda had to "stop talking" if Peyton won this ONE game...LOL. This is a hilarious notion...

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    True greatness is marked by how well you do in the post season. For me two of the best are Joe Montana and Tom Brady. I would certainly rank those two over Manning and probably put Bradshaw and maybe Staubach over Manning also.
    By that criteria the greatest quarterback of all time is Bart Starr. He started 10 post season games in his career and went 9-1. He is the only QB in NFL history to lead his team to 5 NFL championships, with the Packers capturing the title in 1961, 1962, 1965, 1966 and 1967. Starr often gets left out of the discussion, perhaps because there was no Super Bowl before the 1966 season.
    Last edited by RedsBaron; 02-03-2014 at 09:04 AM. Reason: typo

17. Likes:

dubc47834 (02-03-2014),Revering4Blue (02-03-2014)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by indyscott View Post
    I think its quite the coincidence that Brady hasnt won a SB since he hasnt had an elite defense, which has been close to 190 years ago. And FWIW Manning has a higher QBR than Brady in the postseason. Brady led his team to TWO offensive TDs in his first SB winning year. I am pretty sure there are several QBs who would be able to be that "clutch"

I am not trying to hate on Brady, he is a great QB, but he has had a longer SB drought now than Manning had to start his career. And Manning was blasted for it
    And the defense on those Colts teams was quite honestly pathetic. Yeah Peyton had some stinker in the post season, but not all the losses are on him. I definately wouldnt say last nite was on him. Neither interception was Peytons fault, Thomas broke off the route on the first one and Peyton's are got hit on the second one. Then on the second one the reciever just stands there and stares at the ball as its floating in the air, "should I get that"...LOL

Joe Montana obviously has an excellent argument to be included in any discussion of greatest QB ever (I'm still mad at him for the two Super Bowls against the Bengals ), but even Joe Cool wasn't invincible when he had no pass protection or otherwise went up against an elite NFL defense.
    In 1985 he faced an up and coming dominant defense in the New York Giants, who defeated Montana's 49ers 17-3. Montana was 26 for 47 for 296 yards, no TDs, and one INT. Those numbers are similar to Peyton Manning's efforts last night, with Peyton going 34 for 49 for 280 yards, 1 TD and 2 INTs.
    In 1986 Montana had a re-match against the Giants defense. NY 49, SF 3. Joe was 8 for 15 for 98 yards, no TDs, 2 INTs.

20. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-03-2014)

At least Puppy Bowl X was entertaining. Loren the Brittany was a force, tied the record with four touchdowns, on the way to the most valuable puppy. The Shih Tzu defensive line was stout as well.

Turn Off Ads?