Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl - Seahawks Broncos

Re: Super Bowl - Seahawks Broncos

This was the worst Super Bowl in the history of the NFL.
    They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    He has also taught me that even when the Reds win it is important to focus on the fact that they could have lost.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    This was the worst Super Bowl in the history of the NFL.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XX

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XXIV

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XXXVII
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

I wasn't alive for them, but some of the early ones sounded pretty dull, too, with neiter team playing all that well:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_V - 11 combined turnovers! The winning team had seven!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_VII - Lowest scoring SB ever, with Washington's only points coming when Miami completely botched a meaningless FG attempt in the final minutes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_IX - 16-6, with Minnesota's only points coming on a blocked punt in the fourth quarter, after which the missed the extra point.

So, can we finally put to rest the ridiculous notion that only traditional dropback passers are capable of leading teams to Superbowl wins?
    "I have just been more than a little suspect of all the trades since the Willy (Scott Williamson) cash grab. That one left such a bad taste in my mouth that even a 1985 Dom Pérignon couldn't cleanse it." -- Creek14

6. Likes:

Kingspoint (02-03-2014)

Patriots led in XX

Denver had an early FG in XXIV (Score was 7-3)

TB-Oak was tied 3-3

I would just contend Denver, based on their play on the field during the game tonight, did not for one second of the game look like they had a chance to be the better team. Total domination from the first second. As ugly as a full 60 minutes can get.

8. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (02-02-2014)

So Carrol is what...only the third coach to have both a national title and superbowl?

I imagine Buick isn't happy about booking all these Peyton Manning commercials.

Pay attention to the open sky

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Patriots led in XX

Denver had an early FG in XXIV (Score was 7-3)

TB-Oak was tied 3-3

I would just contend Denver, based on their play on the field during the game tonight, did not for one second of the game look like they had a chance to be the better team. Total domination from the first second. As ugly as a full 60 minutes can get.
    Agreed. They didn't contend for any part of the game whatsoever at all. AND they were the best offense in the history of the NFL. That makes it worse.
    He has also taught me that even when the Reds win it is important to focus on the fact that they could have lost.

Peyton is the ARod of the NFL.

Super Bowl - Seahawks Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Peyton is the ARod of the NFL.
    You're talking about their terrible locker room farting aren't you? Awful gas, both of them. That's the only link I see.

Except of course that one game where ARod audibled from a fly out to a double. That was a great call on his part, because a fly out was the wrong call for that play.
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 02-02-2014 at 11:41 PM.

14. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-02-2014), Wonderful Monds (02-02-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    You're talking about their terrible locker room farting aren't you? Awful gas, both of them. That's the only link I see.
    No i'm talking about that fact that if peyton had finally performed well in a big game, a lot of folks, myself included, would have had to shut up about him. But he didn't, as usual, and so I will be collecting, with both hands.

No i'm talking about that fact that if peyton had finally performed well in a big game, a lot of folks, myself included, would have had to shut up about him. But he didn't, as usual, and so I will be collecting, with both hands.
    Maybe but the ARod comparison is dumb. Do better. And what are you collecting?

Had finally? As if to say Manning hasn't won a Super Bowl already?

18. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-02-2014), Tom Servo (02-03-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Maybe but the ARod comparison is dumb. Do better. And what are you collecting?

Do re mi. Money, that what I want. 3 points baby.

I think its a great analogy. Great regular season stats, disappear on the big stage. Peyton = Arod.

What a humungous overlay.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Had finally? As if to say Manning hasn't won a Super Bowl already?
    And his chief adversary hasn't won one since the Spygate controversy was exposed.

Hmmmm.....
    "I have just been more than a little suspect of all the trades since the Willy (Scott Williamson) cash grab. That one left such a bad taste in my mouth that even a 1985 Dom Pérignon couldn't cleanse it." -- Creek14

Turn Off Ads?