Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl - Seahawks Broncos

Re: Super Bowl - Seahawks Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by indyscott View Post
    I just asked a simple question. Do you think Manning has been a better QB than Brady the last 10 years?

As for Montana, his teams were absolutely loaded. I wont argue the point of him being the GOAT. But dismissing Manning from the discussion just because his teams werent remotely close to the 49ers is rather short sighted
    I disagree on the Colts not being loaded. The defenses were lacking at points, but the Colts offense was very loaded.

Best or near best O-line in the NFL anchored by the potential hall of famer Jeff Saturday.

Marvin Harrison
    Reggie Wayne
    Dallas Clark
    Edgerrin James (quietly a top RB all time)

You also cannot tell me this Broncos team was not loaded.

D Thomas
    J Thomas
    Eric Decker
    Wes Welker

That is an insane receiving corp.
    I think the last 10 years Brady and Manning are pretty close, I give the edge to Brady because of the super bowl victories.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Manning has consistently had far superior weapons to Brady as well. Brady's WRs could compare to Manning's in '07 when he threw 50 TDs, but not in any other year. He won the Super Bowls throwing to David Patten, Troy Brown, and Deion Branch. Those guys would have been 4th/5th receivers on Manning's teams behind Harrison, Wayne, Clark, and possibly even Stokely.
    And look at all the SBs he racked up with Randy Moss. Who is better than any WR Manning ever had.

And would you like to talk bout the defensive side of the football during that time? List the players there? As i said earlier, in his first SB winning year he led the Pats to TWO offensive TDs in the postseason. Not two TD passes. 2 TOTAL TDs.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I disagree on the Colts not being loaded. The defenses were lacking at points, but the Colts offense was very loaded.

Best or near best O-line in the NFL anchored by the potential hall of famer Jeff Saturday.

Marvin Harrison
    Reggie Wayne
    Dallas Clark
    Edgerrin James (quietly a top RB all time)

You also cannot tell me this Broncos team was not loaded.

D Thomas
    J Thomas
    Eric Decker
    Wes Welker

That is an insane receiving corp.
    I think the last 10 years Brady and Manning are pretty close, I give the edge to Brady because of the super bowl victories.
    How can you give the edge to Brady in SB victories when he hasnt won one in that time frame?

BTW, how many SBs did Brady win with Welker? And who knew the other 3 Bronco receivers names before Manning got there?

I'm not really a fan of either team but it was entertaining because the SEA defense was so dominant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

How can you give the edge to Brady in SB victories when he hasnt won one in that time frame?

BTW, how many SBs did Brady win with Welker? And who knew the other 3 Bronco receivers names before Manning got there?
    Julian Thomas is a rookie and an excellent target, are you implying he would be nothing without Peyton throwing to him? I think that is silly.

With regards to Decker and D Thomas - um, everyone that follows NFL football? Decker had 8 TDs his 2nd year in the league without Manning and that was with Tim Freaking Tebow throwing to him. You act as if he were a nobody before Manning.

Why do we omit the previous 4 years to 2013 when Brady won 3 super bowls in 4 years other than your weird narrative?

Julian Thomas is a rookie and an excellent target, are you implying he would be nothing without Peyton throwing to him? I think that is silly.

With regards to Decker and D Thomas - um, everyone that follows NFL football? Decker had 8 TDs his 2nd year in the league without Manning and that was with Tim Freaking Tebow throwing to him. You act as if he were a nobody before Manning.

Why do we omit the previous 4 years to 2013 when Brady won 3 super bowls in 4 years other than your weird narrative?
    Eric Decker caught 44 balls for 612 yards in 2011. He caught 87 for 1288 in 2013. And he didnt have Tebow throwing him 8 TDs. Orton threw 4 to him. Tebow 4.

Demaryius Thomas caught 54 balls for 834 yards and 6 TDs in his first 2 years in Denver. He has caught 186 balls for 2834 yards and 24 TDs in his last 2.

I am not sure who Julian Thomas is, I am guessing you meant Julius, who is NOT a rookie but in his 3rd year. He played 5 games as a rookie and caught 1 ball.

I omitted the previous 4 years to show how silly the "How many SBs has he won" argument is. Do you think Brady has got worse?

I omitted the previous 4 years to show how silly the "How many SBs has he won" argument is. Do you think Brady has got worse?
    You are trying to turn this into a Brady/Manning debate and as I said, I am not.

Manning has failed in the playoffs many times. What kind of teams play in the playoffs? Good teams. I think the best way to determine the GOAT QB is how they fare against the best teams. Manning has more losses in the playoffs than any QB in the history of football.

Eric Decker caught 44 balls for 612 yards in 2011. He caught 87 for 1288 in 2013. And he didnt have Tebow throwing him 8 TDs. Orton threw 4 to him. Tebow 4.

Demaryius Thomas caught 54 balls for 834 yards and 6 TDs in his first 2 years in Denver. He has caught 186 balls for 2834 yards and 24 TDs in his last 2.

I am not sure who Julian Thomas is, I am guessing you meant Julius, who is NOT a rookie but in his 3rd year. He played 5 games as a rookie and caught 1 ball.
    Wait, Decker and D Thomas were better in their 3rd and 4th seasons in the NFL compared to their 1st and 2nd? No way!!

Of course they are better with Peyton Manning throwing to them opposed to Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow.

Duh.

10. Likes:

Kingspoint (02-03-2014)

Wait, Decker and D Thomas were better in their 3rd and 4th seasons in the NFL compared to their 1st and 2nd? No way!!

Of course they are better with Peyton Manning throwing to them opposed to Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow.

Duh.
    LOL. So you want to talk about how good these guys were, but when actual stats are used you go to the "So they are going to be better in their 3rd and 4th year"

And to respond to your other post, I am not trying to make this into a Manning/Brady debate once again. I am just showing how silly the SB wins argument is. Is Trent Dilfer better than Dan Marino?

Yes he has lost more playoff games than any other QB. He has also been to the playoffs more often than Brady and Montana.

12. Likes:

dubc47834 (02-03-2014),Revering4Blue (02-03-2014)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

How was Peyton's arm getting hit not his fault? He should not have thrown the ball once he realized the pocket was collapsing so quickly. He should have eaten that ball and taken the sack, but it seems to be he would rather throw a questionable ball than take a hit.

That pass was absolutely his fault, it should have never been attempted.
    Come on now...go back and look at it. He had an open reciever there. You call open questionable? The guy that intercepted that pass went back to make the play and the reciever couldn't/never made an effort to come back to the tipped pass. Taking sacks at that point in the game isn't getting you anywhere....come on man!!!

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Duh.
    You listen to Colin Cowherd too much!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    IMO listening to Colin Cowherd at all, even for a micro second, is listening to Colin Cowherd too much!
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

16. Likes:

cumberlandreds (02-03-2014),dubc47834 (02-03-2014),indyscott (02-03-2014),Kingspoint (02-03-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    I haven't listened to Colin Cowherd in like a year, so I do not really know what this means.

LOL. So you want to talk about how good these guys were, but when actual stats are used you go to the "So they are going to be better in their 3rd and 4th year"

And to respond to your other post, I am not trying to make this into a Manning/Brady debate once again. I am just showing how silly the SB wins argument is. Is Trent Dilfer better than Dan Marino?

Yes he has lost more playoff games than any other QB. He has also been to the playoffs more often than Brady and Montana.
    I did bring up stats, Decker had 8 TDs in his 2nd year with crap QBs. That was noticed by many. Wes Welker was better with Tom Brady as his QB. How is that possible?

Trent Dilfer?

On top of three Super Bowls wins Tom Brady has amassed the following statistics:

Pass attempts 6,586
    Pass completions 4,178
    Percentage 63.4
    TD–INT 359–134
    Passing yards 49,149
    Passer rating 95.7

Those are elite numbers. Dilfer and Brady are not comparable.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 02-03-2014 at 12:35 PM.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I'm not really a fan of either team but it was entertaining because the SEA defense was so dominant.
    Along with the previously stated fallacy about the inability of dual-threat QBs to win Superbowls, the Seahawks also laid to rest the assertion that defenses cannot dominate in this era in which rules are designed to exponentially increase offensive output.

Kudos to Pete Carroll and company.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

20. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (02-03-2014)

Turn Off Ads?