Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 179

Thread: Super Bowl - Seahawks Broncos

  1. #106
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North Canton, OH
    Posts
    3,658

    Re: Super Bowl - Seahawks Broncos

    Another athletic QB with the ability to run won a super bowl. I was told by people in the NFL Playoffs thread that a QB with that skill set is unable to win the Super Bowl.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #107
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    230

    Re: Super Bowl - Seahawks Broncos

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I did bring up stats, Decker had 8 TDs in his 2nd year with crap QBs. That was noticed by many.

    Trent Dilfer?

    On top of three Super Bowls wins Tom Brady has amassed the following statistics:

    Pass attempts 6,586
    Pass completions 4,178
    Percentage 63.4
    TD–INT 359–134
    Passing yards 49,149
    Passer rating 95.7

    Those are elite numbers. Dilfer and Brady are not comparable.
    So when the most SB wins gets debunked we go back to regualr season. But Mannings regular season doesnt mean anything because he has 2 less SB wins?

    But I will play along.
    Manning has 1,866 more attempts
    1354 more completions
    132 more TDs
    15,8158 more yards
    And a passer rating of 97.2

    Here is the kicker. Postseason QB ratings?

    Brady 87.5
    Manning 89.2

    Manning has lost 5 games where he posted a QB rating of 88 or above.

    Brady has only lost 3 over 88.90

    Manning has won 2 games where he posted a QB rating of 76.0 or under

    Brady has won 6 games where he posted 76.0 and under

  4. #108
    Pimpin...literally!!! dubc47834's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Terre Haute, In
    Posts
    1,493

    Re: Super Bowl - Seahawks Broncos

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Another athletic QB with the ability to run won a super bowl. I was told by people in the NFL Playoffs thread that a QB with that skill set is unable to win the Super Bowl.
    Don't know what was said in the other thread, but I consider Wilson a pocket QB who can make athletic plays with his legs. From my observation he looks to throw, then when things break down he takes off. Im no Wilson expert, just observations from watching him a couple times. I think the read option guys need a much better defense to be succesful, also you better have a damn good back-up QB because more than likely your starter is gonna get hurt!

  5. Likes:

    Kingspoint (02-03-2014)

  6. #109
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North Canton, OH
    Posts
    3,658

    Re: Super Bowl - Seahawks Broncos

    Quote Originally Posted by indyscott View Post
    So when the most SB wins gets debunked we go back to regualr season. But Mannings regular season doesnt mean anything because he has 2 less SB wins?

    But I will play along.
    Manning has 1,866 more attempts
    1354 more completions
    132 more TDs
    15,8158 more yards
    And a passer rating of 97.2

    Here is the kicker. Postseason QB ratings?

    Brady 87.5
    Manning 89.2

    Manning has lost 5 games where he posted a QB rating of 88 or above.

    Brady has only lost 3 over 88.90

    Manning has won 2 games where he posted a QB rating of 76.0 or under

    Brady has won 6 games where he posted 76.0 and under
    Manning also has 85 more interceptions, just thought I would add that since you conveniently left it out.

  7. #110
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    7,579

    Re: Super Bowl - Seahawks Broncos

    Quote Originally Posted by indyscott View Post
    And who knew the other 3 Bronco receivers names before Manning got there?
    It was obvious to anyone paying attention that Decker and Demaryius Thomas were going to be highly successful whatever Quarterback would end up throwing the ball to them before Manning was in the conversation about joining the Broncos.

  8. Likes:

    Hillsdale87 (02-03-2014)

  9. #111
    All Fired Up Revering4Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    NE Indiana
    Posts
    1,509

    Re: Super Bowl - Seahawks Broncos

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Another athletic QB with the ability to run won a super bowl. I was told by people in the NFL Playoffs thread that a QB with that skill set is unable to win the Super Bowl.
    Simple observation: Running QBs and Athletic QBs that a are a threat to run are far too often falsely lumped together.

    On that note: We had better enjoy watching Brady and Manning (of whom I considers as equals) while we can, because I do not see another of their ilk on the immediate horizon, as even your pocket passers today possess scrambling/improvisational skills.
    "I have just been more than a little suspect of all the trades since the Willy (Scott Williamson) cash grab. That one left such a bad taste in my mouth that even a 1985 Dom Pérignon couldn't cleanse it." -- Creek14

  10. #112
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    230

    Re: Super Bowl - Seahawks Broncos

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    It was obvious to anyone paying attention that Decker and Demaryius Thomas were going to be highly successful whatever Quarterback would end up throwing the ball to them before Manning was in the conversation about joining the Broncos.
    Do you have any links to these claims?

  11. #113
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North Canton, OH
    Posts
    3,658

    Re: Super Bowl - Seahawks Broncos

    Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Don't know what was said in the other thread, but I consider Wilson a pocket QB who can make athletic plays with his legs. From my observation he looks to throw, then when things break down he takes off. Im no Wilson expert, just observations from watching him a couple times. I think the read option guys need a much better defense to be succesful, also you better have a damn good back-up QB because more than likely your starter is gonna get hurt!
    I think the phrase I used in that thread "athletic QB with the ability to run" perfectly sums up Russell Wilson.

  12. Likes:

    Revering4Blue (02-03-2014)

  13. #114
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    230

    Re: Super Bowl - Seahawks Broncos

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Manning also has 85 more interceptions, just thought I would add that since you conveniently left it out.
    Fine. Do you want to address any of the rest of the post?

  14. #115
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North Canton, OH
    Posts
    3,658

    Re: Super Bowl - Seahawks Broncos

    Quote Originally Posted by indyscott View Post
    Do you have any links to these claims?
    Please provide links to your claims that they would not be any good without Manning.

  15. #116
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    7,579

    Re: Super Bowl - Seahawks Broncos

    Quote Originally Posted by indyscott View Post
    Do you have any links to these claims?
    I don't need any links to claims. Only a casual fan would have failed to recognize the greatness of Decker and especially Demaryius Thomas the season before Manning got there. I'm sorry if you couldn't see that. If you couldn't, then you either paid very little attention to the Broncos, or else you simply can't recognize talent when you see it.

    One poster already tried to state the obvious to you, and you, in a very silly way, dismissed it. Any Receiver is going to be head-and-shoulders better in his 3rd and 4th seasons over his 1st and 2nd seasons. When you break it down individually to the likes of Julius Thomas (basketball player with uber talent from small-school Portland State needs multiple seasons to develop), Decker (normal progression for a Receiver), and Demaryius Thomas (came into the league lacking fundamentals, but considered the most talented Receiver in his draft, making his first two seasons behind the curve before showing signs of explosion in his second season), the breakouts for all three players were going to occur no matter who they had at Quarterback. They wouldn't have been as dramatic, but they still would have been breakout seasons with very good results, especially Demaryius Thomas, who would have likely had an equal number of receptions, yards, and TD's with any other QB as most other QB's would not have thrown to as many targets (Peyton's greatness).
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 02-03-2014 at 01:09 PM.

  16. #117
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    230

    Re: Super Bowl - Seahawks Broncos

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Please provide links to your claims that they would not be any good without Manning.
    LOL

  17. #118
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    230

    Re: Super Bowl - Seahawks Broncos

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    I don't need any links to claims. Only a casual fan would have failed to recognize the greatness of Decker and especially Demaryius Thomas the season before Manning got there. I'm sorry if you couldn't see that. If you couldn't, then you either paid very little attention to the Broncos, or else you simply can't recognize talent when you see it.
    So a duo who have yet to catch 150 balls between them had people looking at their "greatness"? OK. Not sure how I can question that. Just curious though, what were these people looking at when they knew they were going to be great?

  18. #119
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North Canton, OH
    Posts
    3,658

    Re: Super Bowl - Seahawks Broncos

    Quote Originally Posted by indyscott View Post
    So a duo who have yet to catch 150 balls between them had people looking at their "greatness"? OK. Not sure how I can question that. Just curious though, what were these people looking at when they knew they were going to be great?
    Man, that Manning kool-aid must taste delicious.

    You honestly look at a 2nd year WR with 641 yards and 8 TDs with Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow at QB as a nobody? Come on man, step back for a minute and realize the guy has talent wherever he goes. It looks like Decker is going to sign elsewhere as a FA, so we will see how he performs. Maybe he will sign with the Patriots.

  19. #120
    All Fired Up Revering4Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    NE Indiana
    Posts
    1,509

    Re: Super Bowl - Seahawks Broncos

    Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Don't know what was said in the other thread, but I consider Wilson a pocket QB who can make athletic plays with his legs. From my observation he looks to throw, then when things break down he takes off. Im no Wilson expert, just observations from watching him a couple times. I think the read option guys need a much better defense to be succesful, also you better have a damn good back-up QB because more than likely your starter is gonna get hurt!
    QBs also tend to take awful hits as a sitting duck in the pocket. And far too often, a QB who runs and refuses to slide tends to put himself at a greater risk on non-designed runs than on designed runs in which blocking schemes are in place.

    IMO, designed runs are safer than simply taking off and running. That stated, a QB that is a major threat to run may force an opposing team to eschew man defense; you don't want your DBs running down-field with their backs to a QB who has taken off and is heading down-field.
    "I have just been more than a little suspect of all the trades since the Willy (Scott Williamson) cash grab. That one left such a bad taste in my mouth that even a 1985 Dom Pérignon couldn't cleanse it." -- Creek14


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25