Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl - Seahawks Broncos

Re: Super Bowl - Seahawks Broncos

Another athletic QB with the ability to run won a super bowl. I was told by people in the NFL Playoffs thread that a QB with that skill set is unable to win the Super Bowl.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I did bring up stats, Decker had 8 TDs in his 2nd year with crap QBs. That was noticed by many.

Trent Dilfer?

On top of three Super Bowls wins Tom Brady has amassed the following statistics:

Pass attempts 6,586
    Pass completions 4,178
    Percentage 63.4
    TD–INT 359–134
    Passing yards 49,149
    Passer rating 95.7

Those are elite numbers. Dilfer and Brady are not comparable.
    So when the most SB wins gets debunked we go back to regualr season. But Mannings regular season doesnt mean anything because he has 2 less SB wins?

But I will play along.
    Manning has 1,866 more attempts
    1354 more completions
    132 more TDs
    15,8158 more yards
    And a passer rating of 97.2

Here is the kicker. Postseason QB ratings?

Brady 87.5
    Manning 89.2

Manning has lost 5 games where he posted a QB rating of 88 or above.

Brady has only lost 3 over 88.90

Manning has won 2 games where he posted a QB rating of 76.0 or under

Brady has won 6 games where he posted 76.0 and under

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Another athletic QB with the ability to run won a super bowl. I was told by people in the NFL Playoffs thread that a QB with that skill set is unable to win the Super Bowl.
    Don't know what was said in the other thread, but I consider Wilson a pocket QB who can make athletic plays with his legs. From my observation he looks to throw, then when things break down he takes off. Im no Wilson expert, just observations from watching him a couple times. I think the read option guys need a much better defense to be succesful, also you better have a damn good back-up QB because more than likely your starter is gonna get hurt!

5. Likes:

Kingspoint (02-03-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by indyscott View Post
    So when the most SB wins gets debunked we go back to regualr season. But Mannings regular season doesnt mean anything because he has 2 less SB wins?

But I will play along.
    Manning has 1,866 more attempts
    1354 more completions
    132 more TDs
    15,8158 more yards
    And a passer rating of 97.2

Here is the kicker. Postseason QB ratings?

Brady 87.5
    Manning 89.2

Manning has lost 5 games where he posted a QB rating of 88 or above.

Brady has only lost 3 over 88.90

Manning has won 2 games where he posted a QB rating of 76.0 or under

Brady has won 6 games where he posted 76.0 and under
    Manning also has 85 more interceptions, just thought I would add that since you conveniently left it out.

And who knew the other 3 Bronco receivers names before Manning got there?
    It was obvious to anyone paying attention that Decker and Demaryius Thomas were going to be highly successful whatever Quarterback would end up throwing the ball to them before Manning was in the conversation about joining the Broncos.

8. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (02-03-2014)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Simple observation: Running QBs and Athletic QBs that a are a threat to run are far too often falsely lumped together.

On that note: We had better enjoy watching Brady and Manning (of whom I considers as equals) while we can, because I do not see another of their ilk on the immediate horizon, as even your pocket passers today possess scrambling/improvisational skills.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    It was obvious to anyone paying attention that Decker and Demaryius Thomas were going to be highly successful whatever Quarterback would end up throwing the ball to them before Manning was in the conversation about joining the Broncos.
    Do you have any links to these claims?

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Don't know what was said in the other thread, but I consider Wilson a pocket QB who can make athletic plays with his legs. From my observation he looks to throw, then when things break down he takes off. Im no Wilson expert, just observations from watching him a couple times. I think the read option guys need a much better defense to be succesful, also you better have a damn good back-up QB because more than likely your starter is gonna get hurt!
    I think the phrase I used in that thread "athletic QB with the ability to run" perfectly sums up Russell Wilson.

12. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-03-2014)

Manning also has 85 more interceptions, just thought I would add that since you conveniently left it out.
    Fine. Do you want to address any of the rest of the post?

Please provide links to your claims that they would not be any good without Manning.

I don't need any links to claims. Only a casual fan would have failed to recognize the greatness of Decker and especially Demaryius Thomas the season before Manning got there. I'm sorry if you couldn't see that. If you couldn't, then you either paid very little attention to the Broncos, or else you simply can't recognize talent when you see it.

One poster already tried to state the obvious to you, and you, in a very silly way, dismissed it. Any Receiver is going to be head-and-shoulders better in his 3rd and 4th seasons over his 1st and 2nd seasons. When you break it down individually to the likes of Julius Thomas (basketball player with uber talent from small-school Portland State needs multiple seasons to develop), Decker (normal progression for a Receiver), and Demaryius Thomas (came into the league lacking fundamentals, but considered the most talented Receiver in his draft, making his first two seasons behind the curve before showing signs of explosion in his second season), the breakouts for all three players were going to occur no matter who they had at Quarterback. They wouldn't have been as dramatic, but they still would have been breakout seasons with very good results, especially Demaryius Thomas, who would have likely had an equal number of receptions, yards, and TD's with any other QB as most other QB's would not have thrown to as many targets (Peyton's greatness).
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 02-03-2014 at 01:09 PM.

Please provide links to your claims that they would not be any good without Manning.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    I don't need any links to claims. Only a casual fan would have failed to recognize the greatness of Decker and especially Demaryius Thomas the season before Manning got there. I'm sorry if you couldn't see that. If you couldn't, then you either paid very little attention to the Broncos, or else you simply can't recognize talent when you see it.
    So a duo who have yet to catch 150 balls between them had people looking at their "greatness"? OK. Not sure how I can question that. Just curious though, what were these people looking at when they knew they were going to be great?

So a duo who have yet to catch 150 balls between them had people looking at their "greatness"? OK. Not sure how I can question that. Just curious though, what were these people looking at when they knew they were going to be great?
    Man, that Manning kool-aid must taste delicious.

You honestly look at a 2nd year WR with 641 yards and 8 TDs with Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow at QB as a nobody? Come on man, step back for a minute and realize the guy has talent wherever he goes. It looks like Decker is going to sign elsewhere as a FA, so we will see how he performs. Maybe he will sign with the Patriots.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    QBs also tend to take awful hits as a sitting duck in the pocket. And far too often, a QB who runs and refuses to slide tends to put himself at a greater risk on non-designed runs than on designed runs in which blocking schemes are in place.

IMO, designed runs are safer than simply taking off and running. That stated, a QB that is a major threat to run may force an opposing team to eschew man defense; you don't want your DBs running down-field with their backs to a QB who has taken off and is heading down-field.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Turn Off Ads?