• Wright, Ryan 2B-OF

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Redzone Minor League Prospect Ranking #32nd & 33rd

thorn

Re: Redzone Minor League Prospect Ranking #32nd & 33rd

Quote Originally Posted by j_m_t_us View Post
    I agree on what you're saying! I would be interested to know why these people voting are snubing players that should be ranked much higher then they are! I will leave it at that!!

What have they done to show they should be ranked higher? Stay around long enough to land on the 40 man roster, which apparently isn't tough to do. none of them can hit and even worse, 2 can't spell defense if you spotted them "defens". JMO

As far as Duran, this age argument is getting old. I realize he could still break out or something, but he's been in pro ball 5 years, and his tools hasn't translated into results. I would think after 5 years your tools should somehow post some results. People miss on prospects all the time, maybe they missed on this one too? Oh, and when he finds his OF glove, make sure someone post a pic of it here so he will know where it is.

Let people vote the way they want to vote, if more people though they deserved to be on the list already they would be there. JMO

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by thorn View Post
    What have they done to show they should be ranked higher? Stay around long enough to land on the 40 man roster, which apparently isn't tough to do. none of them can hit and even worse, 2 can't spell defense if you spotted them "defens". JMO

As far as Duran, this age argument is getting old. I realize he could still break out or something, but he's been in pro ball 5 years, and his tools hasn't translated into results. I would think after 5 years your tools should somehow post some results. People miss on prospects all the time, maybe they missed on this one too? Oh, and when he finds his OF glove, make sure someone post a pic of it here so he will know where it is.

Let people vote the way they want to vote, if more people though they deserved to be on the list already they would be there. JMO
    Duran had 20 homers in 111 games last year and a .773 OPS. Still at a young age.

If those aren't results let's look at the other Reds prospects and compare. Heck, let's look at the Reds major league players other than Votto, Bruce and Choo and compare.

I'd say that as a hitter he definitely has shown results.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Ty Washington. Just because. It's a penny stock pick.
    I will vote for Washington and Boyles soon and in the same round because they are Tyed on my list.

5. Likes:

mace (02-06-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    I will vote for Washington and Boyles soon and in the same round because they are Tyed on my list.
    That's a better reason than I got.

As for Rahier voters. Huh? The guy has not hit a lick. Maybe a Jack Hannahan ceiling?

thorn

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    That's a better reason than I got.

As for Rahier voters. Huh? The guy has not hit a lick. Maybe a Jack Hannahan ceiling?
    Good enough defensively to move SMB off 3rd, skipped a level at age 19, and I like what these sites have to say. 2nd round in 2012.

http://redlegsbaseball.blogspot.com/...er-rahier.html

https://www.perfectgame.org/players/...aspx?ID=255573

Quote Originally Posted by thorn View Post
    Good enough defensively to move SMB off 3rd, skipped a level at age 19, and I like what these sites have to say. 2nd round in 2012.
    I don't give points for skipping a level when a kid gets completely chewed up like Rahier did. So far he's hitting like Johnny Oliver. If anything, he now desperately needs to be held back in 2014 in the hopes he can find something approximating an offensive game.

Outside of the glove, very little of what people praised him for prior to the draft has materialized. My take is it might make sense to convert him to SS, where maybe if he can bring a lot of glove it would justify a poor bat.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

After reading those, I'm still not persuaded. Maybe he can pitch?

I'm mildly surprised Juan Silverio hasn't gotten any traction yet. He's not a guy I'm looking to at the moment, but the argument for him is essentially the same as Waldrop, Duran, Soto, etc.

Also, Sebastian Elizalde ought get onto the list. He did fairly well in Mexico before he signed with the Reds.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I'm mildly surprised Juan Silverio hasn't gotten any traction yet. He's not a guy I'm looking to at the moment, but the argument for him is essentially the same as Waldrop, Duran, Soto, etc.

Also, Sebastian Elizalde ought get onto the list. He did fairly well in Mexico before he signed with the Reds.

If Silverio could take a walk, and maybe strike out a little less, he coud fly up this list.

Seems to have good defense, and some pop, but for a while last year he had more HRs than BBs.

Turn Off Ads?