Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Castrovince: Top 10 Rotations & Top 10 Lineups

Re: Anthony Castrovince: Top 10 Rotations & Top 10 Lineups

Quote Originally Posted by Salukifan2 View Post
    It's because this rosezone, where objectivity dies
    Don't be a Richard, this is a Reds community if it sucks for you so bad I suggest you find somewhere else to grace the unwashed with your vast knowledge of the game.

2. Likes:

Big Klu (02-10-2014), Boss-Hog (02-06-2014), joshua (02-07-2014), PepperJack (02-06-2014), Plus Plus (02-07-2014), RedsfaninMT (02-06-2014), RedTeamGo! (02-06-2014), tomnuetten (02-06-2014), wheels (02-06-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Salukifan2

I would love to take both a fan and player poll to see how many of them think jay Bruce is elite. You'd all be upset

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Don't be a Richard, this is a Reds community if it sucks for you so bad I suggest you find somewhere else to grace the unwashed with your vast knowledge of the game.
    Well put

I would love to take both a fan and player poll to see how many of them think jay Bruce is elite. You'd all be upset
    No one said he was an overall elite player. This started when I said junkhead was disregarding his elite defense. You then moved the goal posts into all Reds fans believing Jay Bruce to be an elite player.

An outside organization (Wilson) chose Jay Bruce as the best defender on the Reds last year. In other words he was chosen as the most elite defender on the Reds by an outsider.

Salukifan2

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    No one said he was an overall elite player. This started when I said junkhead was disregarding his elite defense. You then moved the goal posts into all Reds fans believing Jay Bruce to be an elite player.

An outside organization (Wilson) chose Jay Bruce as the best defender on the Reds last year. In other words he was chosen as the most elite defender on the Reds by an outsider.
    I was only talking about his defense until other posters started bringing up his XBH totals.

So now he is an elite reds OF? Make up your mind

I was only talking about his defense until other posters started bringing up his XBH totals.

So now he is an elite reds OF? Make up your mind
    I brought up his XBH when junkhead said Jay Bruce was elite at nothing. I pointed out he is top 5 in MLB in XBH and is an elite defensive OF.

Elite reds OF? I don't know what you are referring to with that. I was saying he was labeled as the best defender on the Reds in 2013 by outsiders, pointed out he was a gold glove finalist in RF, and was 2nd in UZR and had 18 DRS. That should answer your objection to him being an elite defender, but I am sure it will not as it is just a rosezoner being subjective.

Salukifan2

I brought up his XBH when junkhead said Jay Bruce was elite at nothing. I pointed out he is top 5 in MLB in XBH and is an elite defensive OF.

Elite reds OF? I don't know what you are referring to with that. I was saying he was labeled as the best defender on the Reds in 2013 by outsiders, pointed out he was a gold glove finalist in RF, and was 2nd in UZR and had 18 DRS. That should answer your objection to him being an elite defender, but I am sure it will not as it is just a rosezoner being subjective.
    You were contending he was an elite MLB OF defender. Now you're only saying he is an elite Reds OF. I agree with that completely.

You were contending he was an elite MLB OF defender. Now you're only saying he is an elite Reds OF. I agree with that completely.
    Incorrect - I was using that fact as evidence along with the other points I made to show he is an elite MLB defender.

Salukifan2

Incorrect - I was using that fact as evidence along with the other points I made to show he is an elite MLB defender.
    What do you make of 2011 and 2012?

What do you make of 2011 and 2012?
    What do you make of 2010 when he had 17 DRS and 19.6 UZR?

I think the last couple years have been a learning experience for a young player but to me the 2013 version is what we can expect moving forward.

Average batting average
    Average OBP
    Excellent power
    Excellent defense

Salukifan2

Perhaps we agree to disagree. When I think of elite RF I think of ichiro and Clemente. (Granted Clemente is a different era)

Perhaps we agree to disagree. When I think of elite RF I think of ichiro and Clemente. (Granted Clemente is a different era)
    elite RF or elite defensive RF?

Salukifan2

Pardon me, defensive.

Pardon me, defensive.
    Interesting. Ichiro has only had 1 season (2004) with more DRS than Bruce's 2010 and 2013 totals.

Salukifan2

Interesting. Ichiro has only had 1 season (2004) with more DRS than Bruce's 2010 and 2013 totals.
    That's fine. Ichiro patrolled a huge outfield had an absolute cannon.

Redteamgo do you believe that Bruce is superior defensively to Ichiro in his prime?
    Last edited by Salukifan2; 02-06-2014 at 04:52 PM.

Turn Off Ads?