Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Posting unnecessarily large images that could be text tables instead

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Posting unnecessarily large images that could be text tables instead

As some may have noticed, it is certain user(s) trademark recently to post images of stat tables from B-R that just as well could have been posted as text using the table feature on this board. B-R does allow you to easily export this data in a way that is easily formatted by this board , if not even easier than manually print screening and cropping table images from said sites.

These large images tend to stretch pages pretty badly, which makes the board difficult to read, especially for users like myself who browse primarily from a mobile browser.

Might we be able to implore said user(s) to explore the table formatting feature offered by RZ?

2. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (02-06-2014),westofyou (02-06-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Posting unnecessarily large images that could be text tables instead

It's a bandwidth sucker too, I prefer this myself

Code:

It limits stress on other folks servers too and in this case those images are hosted by http://www.markmonitor.com and they likely will see that this site is using them to host many images, which in the internet world is not considered too cool.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    It's a bandwidth sucker too, I prefer this myself

Code:

It limits stress on other folks servers too and in this case those images are hosted by http://www.markmonitor.com and they likely will see that this site is using them to host many images, which in the internet world is not considered too cool.
    You're right - we've recently gotten several requests to stop linking to external sites (which have come from our users posting links to images on other sites). When that happens, we have to go through and identify all the links, and remove them from every post.

I'm sure a lot of this is innocent. Maybe a shot FAQ on proper linking/embedding etiquette is in order?
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    As some may have noticed, it is certain user(s) trademark recently to post images of stat tables from B-R that just as well could have been posted as text using the table feature on this board. B-R does allow you to easily export this data in a way that is easily formatted by this board , if not even easier than manually print screening and cropping table images from said sites.

These large images tend to stretch pages pretty badly, which makes the board difficult to read, especially for users like myself who browse primarily from a mobile browser.

Might we be able to implore said user(s) to explore the table formatting feature offered by RZ?
    It's been especially irritating when there's five or more large photos in a row. That does sometimes mess up the scrolling even on a regular browser.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Turn Off Ads?