Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arroyo signs with D-Backs

Arroyo signs with D-Backs

Per Ken Rosenthal. Awaiting specifics.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Arroyo signs with D-Backs

I'm gonna miss having him in our rotation and in the clubhouse. It would've
    been nice to have worked out a deal with him, but it is what it is and time to
    move on. Best wishes to him as he finishes his career.

2 years, $9.5 mil per with a 3rd year, $11 mil vesting option and a $4.5 mil buyout. Good for him. Hopefully Holmberg, Stephenson and the guys in AAA can provide the depth our rotation will need this year.

Yep, complete class act and I wish him well. He will be inducted into the Reds' HOF one day.

There's not a more-durable pitcher in the game.

Congrats to Bronson.

That salary would have been too high for the Reds in my opinion.

It ends up being either 2 years 23.5M or 3 years 30M. Neither of those options sounds real palatable for a 37 year old pitcher like Arroyo.

It'll be strange watching him pitch in a different uniform, but I couldn't be happier for him. I wish him the best of luck.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Best of luck to him and I will miss him as well.

Thank goodness. I'll be glad to get rid of those moments where the Reds have a 6 run lead and I turn the channel for 5 minutes, then turn back to see Arroyo gave up three homers and all of a sudden the Reds are losing 7-6.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    Thank goodness. I'll be glad to get rid of those moments where the Reds have a 6 run lead and I turn the channel for 5 minutes, then turn back to see Arroyo gave up three homers and all of a sudden the Reds are losing 7-6.
    Really dumb post.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie View Post
    Really dumb post.
    Are you kidding? Arroyo was the king of giving up the big inning. How a guy that relies on a curve ball could last that long in Cincinnati amazes me. Almost every year he was near the top of the league in allowing homeruns. It's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    Are you kidding? Arroyo was the king of giving up the big inning. How a guy that relies on a curve ball could last that long in Cincinnati amazes me. Almost every year he was near the top of the league in allowing homeruns. It's a fact.
    He'll be in the Reds HOF, fact. And you're trashing him on his way out the door? The guy is one of the best pitchers to ever don the Reds uniform. Sorry he doesn't have a 98 MPH fastball. He's just good. And the most-durable pitcher you'll ever see.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie View Post
    He'll be in the Reds HOF, fact. And you're trashing him on his way out the door? The guy is one of the best pitchers to ever don the Reds uniform. Sorry he doesn't have a 98 MPH fastball. He's just good. And the most-durable pitcher you'll ever see.

I've always said this about Arroyo, not just now. Red's HoF? Do you realize that during Arroyo's 8 years with the Reds, he was only +11 games over .500? So he has basically been just over a .500 pitcher and you think he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Instead of calling me stupid for my opinions, you should start working on your level of standards.

Over his 8 years with the Reds he has averaged 9.1 hits/9, 1.36 HR/9, 2.35 BBs/9.
    Last edited by Lewdog; 02-07-2014 at 08:30 PM.

14. Likes:

CmdrCody (02-08-2014)

Even if he didn't have overpower pitches, he just seemed to have a knack for getting batters out consistently. He also kept us in many, many games without having to wear out the bullpen. I believe that he has lasted so long and saved his arm, in part, due to his easy going delivery style.

Let's hope that whoever replaces him in the lineup can strive to Bronson's level of consistency. Should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai Slater View Post
    Even if he didn't have overpower pitches, he just seemed to have a knack for getting batters out consistently. He also kept us in many, many games without having to wear out the bullpen. I believe that he has lasted so long and saved his arm, in part, due to his easy going delivery style.

Let's hope that whoever replaces him in the lineup can strive to Bronson's level of consistency. Should be interesting.

This is precisely another good reason not to sign Arroyo back. The Reds have too many guys that are ready to log pro innings, to keep them at AAA for another year and waste a useful year of their career. Seeing Cingrani in AAA or even pitching middle relief in 2014 would be a complete waste and a shame.

Latos, Cueto, Bailey, Leake, and Cingrani is a good base rotation with a veteran presence in middle relief that can step in and start a game or two when nagging injuries creep up.

I think Cingrani is more than capable of joining the rotation and having a solid year. We've got a very stellar group of starters even with Arroyo gone.

Turn Off Ads?