Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio State Football 2014

Re: Ohio State Football 2014

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Cool, bro, enjoy celebrating an injury to a young man that may cost him and his children's future.

It is "cannot care less" by the way.

Saying you "can care less" implies that you can indeed care less than you do currently do, which is not what you are trying to convey.
    Cool, bro....correct my grammar all you want, youre still out a QB. Anything to make yourself feel better about losing to both Michigan teams this year I suppose

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    LOLLLL are Ohio State fans really that self serving? The CFB will be fine without Ohio State.
    I think he was saying it stinks for OSU because the new system increased the Buckeye's odds and heir schedule lines up well for such a system.

Concerning UC though, Tuberville is the real problem... He is a molder of clay.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    LOLLLL are Ohio State fans really that self serving? The CFB will be fine without Ohio State.
    Top College Football Teams by TV Ratings

Rank Team Avg Viewers Avg Rating # of Rated Gms
    1 Alabama 6,465,000 3.9 10
    2 Texas A&M 5,263,900 3.3 10
    3 Michigan 5,257,381 3.3 7
    4 Ohio State 5,240,455 3.2 11
    5 Auburn 5,216,500 3.2 10
    6 Georgia 4,832,300 3.0 10
    7 LSU 4,531,818 2.7 11
    8 Missouri 3,991,500 2.4 8
    9 Notre Dame 3,906,364 2.5 11
    10 Michigan St 3,769,111 2.4 9

http://www.goodbullhunting.com/2013/...ason-final-sec

Every year OSU is one of the biggest television draws in college football. This is not breaking news. It has nothing to do with being "self serving"

Of course CFB will move on without Braxton Miller. But it is a bummer that in it's first year OSU will be a non-factor. I guarantee you NCAA Football, sponsors, ABC, ESPN would rather he be playing.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachBombay View Post
    Cool, bro....correct my grammar all you want, youre still out a QB. Anything to make yourself feel better about losing to both Michigan teams this year I suppose
    As you edit your post to delete the poor grammar.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I think he was saying it stinks for OSU because the new system increased the Buckeye's odds and heir schedule lines up well for such a system.
    This is true, and not just because it increased the buckeye's odds, but because for the first year of the playoff system OSU is going to be a non-factor. Will be a lame season entertainment wise.

As you edit your post to delete the poor grammar.
    Actually, I was editing my post to not sound like the giant dick that I am...But you caught me.

This is true, and not just because it increased the buckeye's odds, but because for the first year of the playoff system OSU is going to be a non-factor. Will be a lame season entertainment wise.
    Outside of Columbus, the mourning would be much more subdued than those inside Columbus apparently would expect. Of the many criticisms of the BCS system, the lack of OSU being in every one wasn't one of them.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Outside of Columbus, the mourning would be much more subdued than those inside Columbus apparently would expect.
    I didn't mean it that way. I understand OSU is hated nationally, etc. I just meant OSU in a playoff game over, lets say Wisconsin would be more of a tv draw.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CoachBombay View Post
    Actually, I was editing my post to not sound like the giant dick that I am...But you caught me.
    haha

I can't believe there are people that actually celebrate an injury. Some pretty poor moments for a few people in this thread so far.

It sounds like he seperated the shoulder and they should know more by tomorrow in terms of possible recovery time.

JT Barrett was very highly recruited, but tore his ACL his senior year of high school and basically hasn't played in about 2 years. He isn't as good as a runner as Braxton, but was supposed to be a more polished passer coming in, but that's not to say he is at this point. He would need to show tremendous growth in order to beat Michigan State at night on the road and there are several tough games before that one. At this point I think you'd have to say 9 wins would be an accomplishment.

11. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (08-19-2014)

I just meant OSU in a playoff game over, lets say Wisconsin would be more of a tv draw.
    Doubtful, at least in year 1. People are going to watch this year no matter who is in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Doubtful, at least in year 1. People are going to watch this year no matter who is in it.
    OSU vs Oklahoma will get a bigger TV draw than Wisconsin vs Oklahoma.

Every time.

Perhaps marginally in a playoff. But only marginally.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Perhaps marginally in a playoff. But only marginally.
    What makes you say that? I'm genuinely curious, college football TV ratings aren't something I follow closely. But it's pretty clear Ohio State has a larger fanbase than Wisconsin, so is that just not a factor in national ratings the way it is with every single other sport?

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    What makes you say that? I'm genuinely curious, college football TV ratings aren't something I follow closely. But it's pretty clear Ohio State has a larger fanbase than Wisconsin, so is that just not a factor in national ratings the way it is with every single other sport?
    Because it's the first year of the playoffs. People are going to watch. Ohio State fans are going to watch even if their team isn't in it.

17. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (08-19-2014)

I wanna see Barrett on the field before I start saying "9 wins would be an accomplishment". With college football, you just never know about these guys. I loved Braxton Miller, but even before the injuries I had my doubts he was ever going to get OSU over the hump. Just like Pryor, a very special athlete, but I don't know if his legs alone were going to get it done. He came a long way as a passer, but we don't know that he was ready to take the next step to elite. If tOSU's defense is as improved as they think it could be then they still have lots of potential...

Turn Off Ads?