Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where will the Reds finish ?

Re: Where will the Reds finish ?

Quote Originally Posted by faffy42 View Post
    This is a reds board right? : )
    Reds win division. Price develops a reds TEAM. All for one, one for all. Gutty wins and each player determined to focus and be accountable to the team.
    Yep, it's a Reds' board. That doesn't mean we can't be realists and know when we don't have the best team in baseball, let alone the division.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BigRed91 View Post
    Pretty sure the Nationals are expected to be better because they upgraded (Doug Fister) while we downgraded (Choo). Doesn't have much to do with the managers if it all. Also it's necessary to compare us to the cardinals because the question is where will we finish and they're in our division.
    To be fair, the Nats were supposed to win the WS last year.

It will be interesting to see how this season pans out.

I know injuries hit every team but losing Ludwick on opening day, and then Cueto, and then Phillips wasn't the same after getting hit by the pitch and the team still managed to get 90 wins. That's what good pitching will do for you.

We'll definitely have offensive dropoff in CF, but hopefully we get increased production from LF, SS, 3B and C.
    "I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball"

Cueto is kind of the wild card. If he pitches over 200 innings at near Cy Young level like 2012, the Reds should cruise to 90+ wins. He is a legit ace and it allows you to have a very good young guy like Cingrani as your #5, which means you are going to have a good chance to win every time you take the field.

If he gets injured again, it bumps everyone up a line in the rotation. Latos has to be a 1, Bailey has to be a 2, etc. and we have to cross our fingers that we can find a #5 somewhere in our minor league system.

Quote Originally Posted by Drugs Delaney View Post
    Cueto is kind of the wild card. If he pitches over 200 innings at near Cy Young level like 2012, the Reds should cruise to 90+ wins. He is a legit ace and it allows you to have a very good young guy like Cingrani as your #5, which means you are going to have a good chance to win every time you take the field.

If he gets injured again, it bumps everyone up a line in the rotation. Latos has to be a 1, Bailey has to be a 2, etc. and we have to cross our fingers that we can find a #5 somewhere in our minor league system.
    Great points. If they remain healthy, a rotation of Cueto, Latos, Bailey, Leake, and Cingrani is pretty damn strong. Best Reds pitching staff of my lifetime for sure (b. 1984).

1. Cardinals
    2. Reds
    3. Pirates
    4.Brewers
    5.Cubs

As much as it pains me to say, we will most probably be 2nd to the Cardinals in the division and play the ATL Braves for the 2nd Wild Card. I know we will make the playoffs though....I'm excited to see what this new season can bring...Who knows what can happen with a little luck like the Cardinals MAGIC...I tell you what though...I am so utterly sick and tired of watching the CARDINALS in the playoffs all the time.....
    Steven, nothing is higher than an architect.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
    1. Cardinals
    2. Reds
    3. Pirates
    4.Brewers
    5.Cubs

As much as it pains me to say, we will most probably be 2nd to the Cardinals in the division and play the ATL Braves for the 2nd Wild Card. I know we will make the playoffs though....I'm excited to see what this new season can bring...Who knows what can happen with a little luck like the Cardinals MAGIC...I tell you what though...I am so utterly sick and tired of watching the CARDINALS in the playoffs all the time.....
    I wouldn't call what the Cardinals do as "luck". When it happens on a consistent basis, it probably isn't luck. The past decade they have been to the playoffs a TON, and a bunch of NLCS and WS appearances/wins on top of that.

It's now 2014 and they have a better major league team, better minor league team, more depth, more talent in the minors, and more money to spend. Life isn't fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Drugs Delaney View Post

Robert Stephenson will be able to be at least a 5 this year IMO. I'm not worried about the starting pitching at all. This lineup has some serious holes though.

Realistically, I think most people can agree this team is definitely a wild card team that will challenge for the division title.

The key is going to be winning games at home. If the Reds pitcher can put up the same team ERA as last year, this team will win. For this team to go far though, is going to depend on Frazier, Mesoraco, and Cozart.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteRoseDay View Post
    I wouldn't call what the Cardinals do as "luck". When it happens on a consistent basis, it probably isn't luck. The past decade they have been to the playoffs a TON, and a bunch of NLCS and WS appearances/wins on top of that.

It's now 2014 and they have a better major league team, better minor league team, more depth, more talent in the minors, and more money to spend. Life isn't fair.

Unfortunately I have to agree with this.
    The Cardinals have easily been the best run National League franchise over the past decade.

Quote Originally Posted by villain612 View Post
    Unfortunately I have to agree with this.
    The Cardinals have easily been the best run National League franchise over the past decade.
    They really have and that kinda consistency can't be attributed to luck, and it's infuriating...

I predict 2nd, behind the Cards.

1 Cardinals 95-67
    2 Brewers 89-73
    3 Reds 82-80
    4 Pirates 74-88
    5 Cubs 71-91

NL WC
    Diamondbacks over Brewers

NLDS
    Cardinals over Diamondbacks in 4
    Nationals over Dodgers in 5

NLCS
    Nationals over Cardinals in 6

WS
    Nationals over Tigers in 6

Quote Originally Posted by jlcomo View Post
    1 Cardinals 95-67
    2 Brewers 89-73
    3 Reds 82-80
    4 Pirates 74-88
    5 Cubs 71-91

NL WC
    Diamondbacks over Brewers

NLDS
    Cardinals over Diamondbacks in 4
    Nationals over Dodgers in 5

NLCS
    Nationals over Cardinals in 6

WS
    Nationals over Tigers in 6
    Realistic, but I see the Cardinals going to the World Series again. If I had to bet on 3 NL teams though, it would easily be the Cards, Dodgers, or Nats making the WS.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteRoseDay View Post
    Realistic, but I see the Cardinals going to the World Series again. If I had to bet on 3 NL teams though, it would easily be the Cards, Dodgers, or Nats making the WS.
    I can agree on the Cardinals and Dodgers, but the Nats haven't proven anything. They were supposed to win it all last year.

Turn Off Ads?