Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Q&A: Robert Stephenson

Q&A: Robert Stephenson

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp...vkey=news_milb

[QUOTE]Top prospect talks about moving quickly, potential big league debut[QUOTE]

MiLB.com: What kind of offseason preparations did you make to get ready for 2014?

Stephenson: I did a lot of strength training, a lot of swimming and Pilates in particular. The big focus for me was strengthening my hamstrings and giving myself a lot of flexibility. Everything I did was a big help to get me in shape for this.

MiLB.com: Why Pilates, in particular?

Stephenson: I'd actually never done it before, but I was hoping to do something like yoga or something else to add to my workouts. I talked to someone who figured Pilates would be best for me, and he recommended a particular woman to help me out with it. It's been a huge help this offseason.

MiLB.com: Before that, you were held back by the Reds and made your pro debut a year after getting drafted. What was your reaction to that strategy?

Stephenson: To be honest, I was a little disappointed at first. I don't want to say I was pushed back, but you could see they were holding me back a little bit. My arm wanted to throw. But as time went on, I saw that it was a better idea for me. They wanted to warm me up, get me used to throwing every five days. The more I look at it, the better it was for me.

MiLB.com: Back to the present. How close to the Majors do you feel right now?

Stephenson: Obviously, I don't expect to be break camp with the big club. That being said, I think they want me to be ready at some point this season in case I am moved up. I want to be ready at every turn, so I'm prepared when I do get that call.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Q&A: Robert Stephenson

Looking forward to see what difference the off season work outs made for him. Sounds like he put in a lot of work this off season and hopefully it will pay off.
    Last edited by bellhead; 02-19-2014 at 02:52 AM.

Soooo, what you are telling me is that his nickname from this point on shall be "The Engineer?"

Oh god, that is perfect.

THE ENGINEER

5. Likes:

Chuckie (02-19-2014)

I like it. I hope he engineers several victories during his Reds career.

Turn Off Ads?