2. Brandon Phillips, 2B
    3. Joey Votto, 1B
    4. Ryan Ludwick, LF
    5. Jay Bruce, RF
    6. Todd Frazier, 3B
    7. Devin Mesoraco, C
    8. Zack Cozart, SS
    9. pitcher

I really like the lineup against RHP. No disagreement. Against lefties, I'm not sure if I switch the lineup at all. It depends on how Luddy plays. If he is 2012 Ludwick, then I think that is the right call as well.

2. Likes:

Chuckie (02-20-2014),Reds&BuckeyeGuy (02-20-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Projected Lineup

I'm really interested to see if these lineups will look the same come 3/31.

I don't see any glaring problems with either of these lineups. I'm not so optimistic on Ludwick putting together the type of season to warrant him batting cleanup, but outside of Frazier having an improved season more along the lines of 2012, we really don't have another answer vs. left-handed pitchers.

Following Hamilton's spring will be both fun and informative. Barring some unforeseen developments, I don't see how he could play himself out of the leadoff spot. With that said, I think I speak for most when I say that it would be nice to see some marked improvement in his ability to get on base.

6. Likes:

Reds&BuckeyeGuy (02-20-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore_Trout View Post
    I don't see any glaring problems with either of these lineups. I'm not so optimistic on Ludwick putting together the type of season to warrant him batting cleanup, but outside of Frazier having an improved season more along the lines of 2012, we really don't have another answer vs. left-handed pitchers.

Following Hamilton's spring will be both fun and informative. Barring some unforeseen developments, I don't see how he could play himself out of the leadoff spot. With that said, I think I speak for most when I say that it would be nice to see some marked improvement in his ability to get on base.
    Awesome user name

8. Likes:

Kilgore_Trout (02-19-2014)

I actually think Ludwick will have a nice year for us this year. I think he feels bad about the injury coming off the contract signing, being a local guy, and probably carries a bit of a chip on his shoulder from last year. If he can bat against lefties decently which is opposite of most in splits, then I would just go with the lineup vs lefties for the all pitchers. My biggest question/fear is that Billy isn't ready to lead off in MLB, and other than Cozart, we don't have a leadoff hitter...

So refreshing. And perhaps I'm getting ahead of myself, but I bet if there are injuries, Bryan Price won't be someone who bats people leadoff and in the 2 hole just for the hell of it. Dusty never minded putting a horrible hitter (like Paul Janish for example) in the 2 hole. Price strikes me as a guy who values the construction of the lineup and will do smart things like leave Cozart batting 8th no matter what.

I like this solid line up and our solid pitching rotation. Barring any kind of injury disaster, we're going to win 90+ games.

Weak lineup. Outside of Votto and Bruce, everybody is a big if.

Quote Originally Posted by Gapper View Post
    http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...ryday-lineups/

Against right-handed starters
    1. Billy Hamilton, CF
    2. Brandon Phillips, 2B
    3. Joey Votto, 1B
    4. Jay Bruce, RF
    5. Ryan Ludwick, LF
    6. Todd Frazier, 3B
    7. Devin Mesoraco, C
    8. Zack Cozart, SS
    9. pitcher

Against left-handed starters
    1. Billy Hamilton, CF
    2. Brandon Phillips, 2B
    3. Joey Votto, 1B
    4. Ryan Ludwick, LF
    5. Jay Bruce, RF
    6. Todd Frazier, 3B
    7. Devin Mesoraco, C
    8. Zack Cozart, SS
    9. pitcher

I really like the lineup against RHP. No disagreement. Against lefties, I'm not sure if I switch the lineup at all. It depends on how Luddy plays. If he is 2012 Ludwick, then I think that is the right call as well.
    I am very curious as to how Pryce does the lineup as well. I am betting they put votto second, ludwick third and bruce cleanup (to seperate right from lefty). Just my opinion (which isnt worth much lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Reds&BuckeyeGuy View Post
    I am very curious as to how Pryce does the lineup as well. I am betting they put votto second, ludwick third and bruce cleanup (to seperate right from lefty). Just my opinion (which isnt worth much lol)
    Price has already said Votto will bat third I believe. Also said he isn't concerned that much about seperating lefties.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

I am just curious gentlemen. I am going through my memory banks, you will have to excuse me I am getting old, but when was the last time the Reds had a legitimate, bona-fide lead off hitter?

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Price has already said Votto will bat third I believe. Also said he isn't concerned that much about seperating lefties.
    That is excellent to hear.

Bruce needs to be batting 4th right behind Votto.

Part of the reason Votto doesn't see many good pitches is because he has no protection behind him. Phillips inspires zero fear in opposing pitchers. Bruce does.
    Quote Originally Posted by fipp View Post
    How old are you? Do you want to be humiliated?

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I am just curious gentlemen. I am going through my memory banks, you will have to excuse me I am getting old, but when was the last time the Reds had a legitimate, bona-fide lead off hitter?
    2013 - Shin Soo Choo
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    2013 - Shin Soo Choo

LOL, I don't think Choo is a lead off hitter. It is all we had last year!

Quote Originally Posted by Reds&BuckeyeGuy View Post
    There isn't a chance in you know what that Votto hits second. None.
    "When I began playing the game, baseball was about as gentlemanly as a kick in the crotch." - Ty Cobb

Turn Off Ads?